Captain Marvel Reviews

• 3d ago

Its good, I dunno why people sledged it, I gave it a miss and then came back around when I saw a youtube recap of the story. Good for an evening viewing for sure.

• Plio Alexandra-Veronica
    3d ago

Loved it! I watched two times!

Loved it! I watched two times!

Abysmal in every respect

Abysmal in every respect

• 3d ago

Brie Larson was the wrong actor for the roll.

Brie Larson was the wrong actor for the roll.

• 3d ago

One of the weaker marvel movies with bad acting from brie larson but a fun story from all of the other parts some lines are a bit cheasey but they work

• 3d ago

This was so so not as good to live up the hype Brie Larson's acting wasn't that good either watched it for MCU among MCU movies this was by far the worst even Thor Dark World had better moments

• 3d ago

To quote Gene from The Emoji Movie, "Meh."

To quote Gene from The Emoji Movie, "Meh."

• 4d ago

Brie Larson's boring romp felt like slogging through mud while someone shouted their agenda in your face. The people behind this obviously felt like their fans weren't worth the listen to because they seemed to go out of their way to attack them, especially with scenes where the main character physically assaults people for asking her to "smile", a common complaint from the fan-base about Brie Larson's acting. The story was built around a lot of extremely overused tropes like the memory loss of a super-powerful character that would give way to her suddenly going all powerful at the end in what was supposed to be an exciting power reveal scene but ended up with Captain Marvel doing some regular fighting stuff with energy blasts and one of the most cringe-worthy songs ever in the background... a song which continued to beat the viewers with the agenda which was the crux of the entire movie. Brie Larson's character is unlikable except for a few moments when she's working with Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson), which also seem to be the moments when the character has a single emotion. This is especially funny because the main villain keeps telling her that she needs to control her emotions more despite her complete lack of any. Sadly the movie also suffered from Brie Larson's inability to shut up and just do her job. Her regular attacks on the fans who criticized the movie and consistently politicizing the movie in a way which polarized and divided the fan-base rather then bringing them all together gave this movie a bad flavor. In the end this movie makes the same mistake as what so many movies do: It pushes an agenda but forgets that an agenda isn't the entire foundation of good writing. I saw a lot of "female empowerment" messages and lots of feminist messages and even some messages about refugees but these were wrapped in the brown-paper bag of stories. Check it out if you want to keep up on who this character is in Endgame but don't go in expecting anything special.

• Mikaela
    4d ago

Alright. Let’s be honest. This movie was horrible. I was shocked myself since Bri Larson did an amazing job in Room that won her the Oscar. Also surprised because this is a Marvel movie. The acting wasn’t even good. Felt like Bri Larson was reading her script for the first time. The plot was horribly done. The scenes they decided to put were disappointing. It’s like they expected the audience to have some knowledge about Bri Larsons character beforehand. Everything was too fast paced. You could predict what could happen. Nothing special. I expected much more. Very disappointing.

• 4d ago

I believe Screen Junkies put it best, this is a Phase One Movie in a Phase Three world. This is the first marvel film in a while that felt that the direction was faceless. Where the Russo's, Waititi, Gunn, Coogler, and even Reed (Among Others) shined Fleck and Boden's direction felt fairly faceless as the film comes off as just another Marvel outing. However it's not without it's charm. The visuals are stellar to look at, and the makeup on the fan-favorite Skrulls is a sight for sore eyes. The performances by Jackson and Mendelssohn are fantastic, but the movie wouldn't be anything without its leading lady. Brie Larson turns is a fine performance and it's great to see this character finally integrated into the MCU, however she's given very little to work with, and there's not much that truly distinguishes her yet, that's not the fault of Larson, just a writing and direction problem. The film is a fine spectacle, and a nice solo venture, but there's just not much originality that we've seen with the past slate of Marvel films.