Captain Marvel - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Captain Marvel Reviews

April 21, 2019
I didn't like it, it was so boring. The movie is all over the place, no cool fights, and no real emotional connection to the audience. Nothing compared to Wonder Woman. Im glad female leads are starting to happen though, about time.
½ April 21, 2019
OMG! This movie was dead on arrival. How can the critics be so blind? Brie Larson was incredibly dull, the jokes were moronic, and the messages were soooo simplistic. Really BAD!
½ April 21, 2019
TOTAL MEDIOCRE and cheese is not at all likable
April 21, 2019
An amazing movie and character addition to the MCU, regardless of what butt hurt fanboys rate it at. Captain Marvel(Brie Larson) is possibly the last and greatest chance the Marvel heroes will have at defeating Thanos in this coming movie version of the final battle Endgame. This movie is an excellent origin story of exactly how Captain Marvel gains her possibly limitless powers and very nicely links characters we've encountered before from other movies, (Ronin) played by Lee Pace makes a surprising cameo and gives us hints to why he eventually becomes the character that the Guardians eventually deal with and defeat.
Other beloved characters are also present from earlier/later time frame films which also give us little hints at the growing complexity of character entanglements and just how some of these characters are all tied together in the MCU.
Larson's character is an amazing character to me in terms of positive role models for young girls to look up to, and before I get flamed by some fanboy or whoever, yes I know she is fictional, but the heartmoving and emotional portrayal of determination to never give up, even if you get knocked down and just because you are a girl doesn't mean that you don't have strength, the simple fact that she keeps getting up is a lesson all young women should see and pay attention to.
Being a father to an amazing daughter I want, no need my daughter to see that so she knows that not all superheroes are guys, girls can kick ass just as much as guys and in Captain Marvels situation she can kick ass even more. I highly recommend this movie and if you have a daughter you need to take her to see it. Peace out and nuff said
½ April 21, 2019
I feel asleep during this movie that just how mediocre it is. Not only is it predictable and boring but it also has many continuity errors for the MCU within it.
April 21, 2019
The CGI was good. Otherwise just going through the motions of making a movie.
April 21, 2019
I have loved the Marvel-universe since I was a kid, and this movie is a real good addition.
Good acting, cool action-scenes with nice effects and CGI.
Highly entertaining at the movie theather. One of the best from Marvel in a good while !
April 21, 2019
.should have been called Fury and Goose.
½ April 21, 2019
Complete trash. Terrible movie all the way around.
½ April 21, 2019
Enjoyed the movie, I could see the feminine undertones, but if you go into this for the MCU story then it's fine. Mind the girl power and enjoy
½ April 21, 2019
Worst script and bad stunts and the most worst casting ever in marvel cinematic universe.
½ April 21, 2019
Too many MCU retcons. Wish this movie could get dusted from existence
April 21, 2019
its good. not to great. the plot is a bit ehh.. the puns / jokes could have been delivered better... but overall it have some ok avarge marval action
April 21, 2019
Though this film was mediocre at best.
Brie was not a very likeable character, I don't get why everyone goes on about the cat... and the story line is dull. I really hope that end game is a better ending the the series than this was introduction to captain marvel.
I could go on about stuff I didn't like but I'd rather be more positive.
I liked when it ended and young fury was fun to see, also the villain was excellent. Probably made the film bearable.
½ April 21, 2019
It's fine as it best but still dissapointing in a lot of ways.
April 21, 2019
A great cast and a story filled to the brim with relevant metaphors, Captain Marvel is a competent action movie with more layers than I was expecting
Boring movie, bland acting
April 20, 2019
I had been really looking forward to this movie and all the hype it was being given. It was about time marvel gave us a female super hero. But I was left feeling a bit disappointed. Carol Danvers herself made me mad in a way. Her attitude seemed a bit pretentious and wasn't really what I had been hoping for. Ever since I was a little girl watching the cartoon Avengers Assemble I loved and looked up to the female super heroes. I thought (and still do) that Black Widow was the coolest chick, now this includes Gamora and Nebula who I love. The female heroes in both Marvel and DC movies where always people I looked up to and wanted to be like. But with Captain Marvel I didn't really get that vibe, yes she is insanely strong and independent, but in some of the interactions she just seemed to talk down to those around her and that just rubbed me the wrong way and really made it hard for me to connect and relate to her in the same way I did with other female heroes.
\
Another issue I had with the film was that it contradicted a lot of things that had been said in previous marvel films. Such as Nick Fury referring to S.H.I.E.L.D as Shield, when in Iron Man they had yet to shorten their name until the end of the movie. And the fact that (if i am not mistaken) in Thor and The Avengers Coulson makes it seem as though Thor and Loki where the first interactions with Aliens they had, but this movie directly contradicts that.
Things like this made it seem as though the movie wasn't as well thought out in my opinion. It made it seem as though they where tying to really force the idea that Captain Marvel was very very important.
\
That being said I did in fact enjoy quite a bit of the story. Fury was hilarious along with the Skrull leader. They where the funniest/best parts of the film for me. Along with Goose the cat. I liked the references to Guardians of the Galaxy with Ronan before he goes rouge.
I believe Captain Marvel could have been a great movie, but for me I felt as though it was bordering just okay.
½ April 20, 2019
How can you say this movie is fresh? This movie is the definition of cliche in the worst ways. It follows all the cliches of bad films. No character developments at all.
April 20, 2019
Captain Marvel was a great movie. It is definitely in my top 5 Marvel movies.