Captain Marvel Reviews

Meh, another ruined franchise

Meh, another ruined franchise

• 3d ago

It's actually a pretty good story, let down by the lead actor. This should have been a role to have fun with, but Brie Larson as Vers/Carol Danvers seems to be trying much too hard. Consequently, she comes across as too light in the serious moments and very flat in the light ones. There are a few "girl power" dialogue moments that come across as contrived, unnatural word usage, but it doesn't come across as man hating, as some would have us believe. The supporting cast generally performs well, the highlight being Samuel L Jackson, but I found Jude Law vaguely annoying. Not terrible, but a weak addition to the Marvel Universe.

• 3d ago

I love Brie Larson acting here, but the CGI is... not good. It's too animated, I mean.. look at another Marvel movies, and you'll notice how the CGI of this movie is not perfect. It's like they made this movie in a hurry.

• 4d ago

They totally should've cast a different actress for this movie.

They totally should've cast a different actress for this movie.

• 4d ago

With enough action and humour it gets by as another enjoyable enough MCU origin story. Samuel L. Jackson and Goose are great but Brie Larson as captain marvel herself is not amazing. It is about as good as Iron Man 3 if you can get past the Mandarin.

• joshua d
    4d ago

Boring, Fury was the only redeeming aspect of the movie, oh, and the “cat.”

Boring, Fury was the only redeeming aspect of the movie, oh, and the “cat.”

This one was just blah!

This one was just blah!

• 4d ago

I thought it was very good and Brie Larson is gorgeous.

I thought it was very good and Brie Larson is gorgeous.

• 4d ago

Terrible, the absolute worst super hero movie of all time. I actually fell asleep during this one. It tried so hard to point out the lessons learned that it failed. "Control your emotions" -- no problem, it was completely forgettable.

• jason b
    6d ago

Complete trash, don't waste your time.

Complete trash, don't waste your time.