Captain Marvel Reviews

• 3d ago

Good movie 7/10 but I did not like the villian.

Good movie 7/10 but I did not like the villian.

• 3d ago

Ugh... Terrible script, terrible acting, no character development... :(

Ugh... Terrible script, terrible acting, no character development... :(

• 5d ago

worst movies so far from Marvel studios

worst movies so far from Marvel studios

• 5d ago

I loved this movie, i watch it often. I don't find it rush or anything. I found it interesting throughout the whole movie.

• Jun 16, 2021

Probably one of the two worst movies so far from Marvel studios. Brie Larson is unlikeable and the story is pretty naff. Seems like it was just shoehorned in before endgame.

• Jun 12, 2021

This is one of my favourite movies just because this is one of the only movies I keep rewatching because of the boost of energy it gives me and it makes me feel like I'm on top of the world and nobody can stop me.

• Jun 11, 2021

This movie is really great! There is an interesting twist villain who still gets time to be evil. Definitely watch this movie. I personally don't hate Brie Larson and I like the Captain Marvel character and it doesn't make a difference being female rather than male.

• Jun 10, 2021

Anyone who knows me knows that I despise this movie. I really, really, really, really, don't like Captain Marvel. But I do like Captain Marvel as a comic book character. Typically as a villain. Civil War II is a flawed comic. It doesn't have the same political issue that made you think because both sides of the argument could've been right. But Civil War II made Captain Marvel a villain. Did it do justice to her character? I'm not sure, I don't read Captain Marvel. Did make her interesting to me? Oh yea. I love villains, and seeing Captain Marvel as one is really cool. She was a tyrannical person who didn't care about anybody else's thoughts because she thought she was right. (Kinda sums up Brie Larson's personality). Was she right? No, not even close. Now why am I rambling on about Civil War II? Because that's the most interesting Captain Marvel to me. Contrasted to this one, which I despise. The main character doesn't carry the movie, if anyone does it's the side-characters: Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson), Talos (Ben Mendolsohn), and Maria Rambeau (Lashana Lynch). I watched this movie because they were interesting to me. Brie Larson took the most boring approach to playing the character in this film. I was bored watching this movie. And Brie Larson can do some pretty good acting, but her as Captain Marvel just did not jive with my funky fly soul (that was an attempt at comedy). And the writing. It is not good. It's not like Mortal Kombat: Annihilation terrible, but it's not good. It's basically The Bourne Identity, but without the stakes, without the emotion, and without the substance. It just copies the tried amnesia trope over and over. It doesn't really seem to fit. The cinematography isn't really that great. The best shot in this movie isn't really that good. And all these criticisms break my heart. Because there are little girls out there who love Captain Marvel, and see her as a role model, and then when her movie releases, Captain Marvel's new nickname is "Space Karen." And it seems as if the writers purposely tried to make Captain Marvel entitled as possible. There are no stakes because she's so powerful. She has no emotional problems. She just cruises right through the movie. So I didn't like this film. It saddened me. Good night. Sleep tight. Don't let Edward Cullen bite.

• May 31, 2021

A sub par plot with bland characters. Even Jude Law and Annette Benning seem to be bored by their characters and at least these two have demonstrated they can have charisma.

• May 31, 2021