Captain Ron - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Captain Ron Reviews

December 13, 2016
Does what it is supposed to do. Funny well thought out and a classic. Surprised at the low rating but expected considering that critics are never kind to comedies just looking at the top rated comedies according to critics they are all more childrens movies (Toy Story, The Incredibles, etc) or 50+ years old.

Captain Ron is a great watch for the whole family.
September 30, 2016
Kurt Russell is funny but there really isn't much else.
September 13, 2016
Best family sailing movie ever, Until some one makes better, this is it.
½ September 10, 2016
This is a really funny movie. It's not an all time classic but it's definitely worth watching and better than the reviews on this site give it credit for. Martin Short is underrated here and Kurt Russell is hilarious. If you don't go into this expecting "Some Like it Hot" you'll have s great time with this movie.
½ August 27, 2016
what a great, fun movie. love watching this every time it's on.
June 17, 2016
If you want an escape from winter drudgery, watch Captain Ron!
June 13, 2016
This movie is a gem. I've always loved the way Kurt Russell was never ashamed to do a B-movie, the man is one of the last true workhorses of Hollywood and the results really show in movies like this.

Russell's exploration of a salty modern day American expatriate is one of the most hilarious, creative, and quotable characters I've ever seen. Must watch.
May 28, 2016
Under appreciated and about on par with Overboard. Never fails to make me laugh or lift my mood.
March 10, 2016
It has a lot of 90's charm and a good cast but there isn't enough actual humour to justify the effort.
February 25, 2016
cult classic.... i know every line
January 18, 2016
great fun for the whole family. i loved john dwyer's unique writing style. we can all relate to a dad who has an existential crisis and is just allowed to live on the edge. captain ron, played by kurt russel, was a hoot and a half!
½ January 2, 2016
I wish they'd make a sequel. This movies hilarioius.
December 29, 2015
Kick the tyres and light the fires
November 18, 2015
love this movie. good family fun! with enough adult humor
July 18, 2015
Careless and mindless fun. Martin Short and Kurt Russell have both done better. It's not essential, but I thought it was decent. (First and only viewing - 7/18/2015)
July 13, 2015
This movie is all about escape and ultimate rejection of the values of consumerism and submission. Anyone who doesn't give this five stars is just another shepple.
½ April 7, 2015
Gets tired quickly but this family friendly light comedy is average fare.
½ January 18, 2015
Saw it when I was a kid and remember it being funny
½ January 3, 2015
A cult comedy, triggered by Russell's performance with a similar eye-patch that he wore before, with some funny moments that fulfills the genre as well being unfunny, silly and dull like it seems the ship sails and Short is hanging on while Russell's sailing and not knowing he'd forgotten the others. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
½ June 11, 2014
Very oddly likeable movie featuring Martin Short and family inheriting a boat, and wanting to sail it back to the US to sell it. They hire a VERY grizzled captain, played by Kurt Russell, to steer it there. Hijinx ensue. Not a lot of plot, some plot holes (How did they exactly wind up in jail?) but Kurt Russell moreso than Martin Short keeps it altogether with his performance.