Car Wash - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Car Wash Reviews

½ November 18, 2012
A fun 70s time capsule.
November 9, 2012
It's an other era. I liked the color, the music, the actors, it was fun to watch.
August 16, 2012
Hillarious comedy set in and around a working day in a Los Angles Carwash.
February 15, 2012
Spend a fun and raunchy day at the CAR WASH with a group of crazy but lovable characters. Then stick around for the nightshift when things get SERIOUS (it is a 70s flick after all)! Dig and groove on the antics, the drama, and the music!
½ February 12, 2012
Man, I remember this film.
I absolutely loved it.
Such a charming little piece of cinema.
½ November 6, 2011
American Graffiti, or Dazed and Confused, but set in a soulful 70's car wash, but not nearly as good. There is however an incredibly catchy title song is! Also, this has nothing to do with the film itself, but don't be fooled by its modern marketing, which claims it stars Richard Pryor and George Carlin. Combined, both of them are in this movie for less than ten minutes.
September 22, 2011
The fly was pretty funny - otherwise no plot... some funny lines but thats about it
June 11, 2011
Handlar inte om nåt särskilt men jag säger som min son: "Jag vill bli en funky neger på 70-talet"...
May 21, 2011
"The best place for money... is right here in my pocket."

I loved this movie as a kid, I thought it was sooo funny. All these different stories intersect at the car wash: Richard Pryor & the Pointer Sisters were young & sexy and Prof Irwin Corey was hilarious (how can anyone forget the Pee Bomb? lol.) With Melanie Mayron, George Carlin & Antonio Vargas.
March 20, 2011
I happen to think that this is the BEST MOVIE EVER!!! I saw this movie in a defunct Fremont, California Drive-in Movie theater.
January 3, 2011
Not quite what I expected from what I'd heard about it, but it's a good movie. It has some really funny scenes, and good music.
November 16, 2010
A fun comedy film. Funny and entertaining.
October 9, 2010
richard pryor, george carlin,garrett morris,darrow igus. that is at the time two top stand-ups. then garrett from s.n.l. and darrow (my favorite) from fridays.
September 27, 2010
I always loved 'Car Wash' it is so funny to me.I can watch it over and over...I like movies u can watch again and still get enjoyment from it.
½ August 4, 2010
Strangely compelling movie, which on one level really isn't much to write home about, yet at the same time it fascinates. Worth watching once, if nothing else for the immortal line "Honey, I am more man than you'll ever be, and more woman than you'll ever get."
½ June 17, 2010
U havent seen car wash?
½ May 20, 2010
A movie that had a big impact on me when I was 16.
April 22, 2010
Another disco classic.
March 26, 2010
The only interesting thing about this is the effeminate gay character who *surprise* doesn't get constantly picked on by his straight co-workers.
½ March 22, 2010
What a wacky bunch of ethnically diverse pranksters! I can't rate this film honestly, it's a plotless and predictable mishmash, but I have a soft spot in my head for this seventies-spawned urban shenanigan.