Cardboard Gangsters Reviews

• Sep 22, 2018

superb casting and atmosphere. A cinematic lesson for hollywood

superb casting and atmosphere. A cinematic lesson for hollywood

• Sep 18, 2018

Boring unimaginative bad acting dribble..

Boring unimaginative bad acting dribble..

• Jun 07, 2018

Mark O'Connor's film isn't subtle, but it's made with swagger and its antihero fits the bill as a certain kind of crime-drama archetype: overambitious, stupid and doomed, he nonetheless has a crude poignancy.

• May 31, 2018

Is it realistic? I have no idea. Is it 90 minutes of your time well spent? Absolutely. Excellent movie, thank God for subtitles!

• May 12, 2018

Overrated garbage...Doesn't live up to the hype.

Overrated garbage...Doesn't live up to the hype.

• Feb 26, 2018

How can this film be rated to a 100% by critics? Sloppy acting and even sloppier writing. The end scene made no logical sense and was only put in for shock value and to put a different twist on an already tired out genre. It seems suspicious that this film has been met with a 100% approval rate. DO NOT WATCH THIS FILM.

• Feb 22, 2018

What an absolute pile of pap.

What an absolute pile of pap.

• Feb 14, 2018

Really excellent movie with a brilliant performance by John Connors.

Really excellent movie with a brilliant performance by John Connors.

• Feb 05, 2018

"Cardboard Gangsters" "Cardboard movie" more like. When have you not seen Gangland in Dublin? It's everywhere we turn, I don't think we need a movie to tell us. The movie follows four friends, who are unemployed and are trying to move in on drug business to make some extra cash, as their welfare payments aren't doing them any favours. Written by John Connors, who starred in the Irish hit crime drama Love/Hate as Patrick. Very much similar to the character he's playing in this bomb of a movie. Most of the movie was filmed in the estate of where I live, and not once have I ever seen someone get thrown in the back of someone's car, or 9mm pressed against their skull and the trigger gets pulled. As what I said in the previous paragraph "The movie follows four friends." but so what, I wasn't too sure if I was watching a movie, or Love/Hate over again. The script is easy, anyone can write a script about four low-lives looking to infiltrate on drugs and power, it doesn't take Quentin Tarantino, or Martin Scorsese to write a script like that. Whatever you do, if you are into Gangland crime, watch it but if you are aware of programs like Love/Hate and the cast, you might be wondering if it's a rip off, or just another Cardboard-cut out movie.

• Dec 01, 2017

Absolutely amazing film. One of the best gangster flicks I've ever seen. John Conners is a believable hard man and due to this it's makes the film seem even more authentic.