Care Bears: Journey to Joke-a-Lot - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Care Bears: Journey to Joke-a-Lot Reviews

November 6, 2014
This is the king. The king of Joke-a-Lot!

Funshine Bear has delusions of grandeur where he can leave Care Bear Mountain and find a place of consistent happiness and laughter. He finds a place like that called Joke-a-Lot. Funshine Bear is instantly crowned king upon arriving but finds responsibilities no laughing matter.

"I just want to make them see the sunny side. I just want to make them see the funny side."

Mike Fallows, director of The Santa Clause Brothers, Ms. Spider's Sunny Patch Kids, Care Bears: Big Wish Movie, and episodes of Babar, delivers Care Bears: Journey to Joke-a-Lot. The storyline for this picture is pretty bad and I really didn't enjoy the premise. The animation was pretty cool and worth wild but the colors was a bit out of control at times.

"Want to make them laugh till they cry."

I watched this off Netflix with my daughter and she loved it, as always. I thought it was a bit frustrating and very inconsistent. Overall, this is a below average addition to the genre that isn't worth adding to your child's DVD collection.

Grade: D
½ June 16, 2012
Only for the very young, and the moral speech at the end seems out of place and not required for the age group this is aimed at.
½ January 14, 2005
This really is not a bad movie at all. I didn't really think much of the "Care Bears" at all when I was young. So I didn't think I was going to like this, but it is very well-written, animated and directed and the song numbers are actually very fun and catchy.