Cargo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cargo Reviews

June 16, 2016
Reasonable but mainly unremarkable, sometimes hammy, dystopian sci-fi. Not bad but doesn't quite live up to its promise or potential.
½ January 4, 2016
A few weird bits, the acting is ok but not outstanding; the same goes for the plot and script. Interesting but not enthralling or edge of your seat stuff. Some good special effects in parts.
½ August 26, 2015
Visually stunning, but the lackluster story leaves much to be desired.
July 5, 2015
A little jewel in a world of absence.
June 30, 2015
It's a ripfoff of the Matrix except it's happening in space and there are no evil, robot overlords, just an evil mega-corporation. Not a great movie. Thank goodness for fast-forward on the DVD player.
½ April 5, 2015
A worthwhile watch for big sci-fi fans, but completely unmemorable.
December 25, 2014
Atmospheric and special effects good, but convincing and patronising towards women
Derivative of other scifi films
July 21, 2014
6,5/10
some good scenes
May 26, 2014
this is a great little b movie.
May 19, 2014
Although Cargo is an incredible ship sailing on a beautiful outdoor space, it's slightly entertaining already told premise is kind of frustraiting.
½ April 27, 2014
I'd like to see what this film crew could do with a bigger budget and top sci-fi script.
February 26, 2014
Visuelt, og rent lydmæssigt, er Cargo intet mindre end fremragende (budgettet var omkring 4 mill. Euro!), og det virker tidligt som om noget stort er i vente. Desværre viser plottet sig at være ganske ordinært - og yderst velkendt for de fleste -, og filmen er bemandet med uinteressante personer, så det hele fuser ud, og er reelt lidt småkedeligt. En halvgod film, der kunne have været en rigtig god film. Rammerne er bestemt til stede.
February 22, 2014
Not too bad with heavy use of fast forward button. Story unfolds nicely but ultimately not convincing enough.
January 10, 2014
Tysk skräprulle, fanns en chans att det skulle bli bra men det sket sig rätt hårt
½ January 10, 2014
I'm swiss. And I see here a typical swiss pseudo art production. No soul no spirit. Just a boring "we can also make science fiction" movie. I started to watch it two times and after one quarter I fall a sleep both times. Who made the "star" casting? In a modern hightec Spaceship I see only dogs and rats as crew. No charisma no acting skills. And on the top, this gay's got money from the us tax payers by foundation. Shame on the botched job.
September 25, 2013
Quiet and unspectacular Swiss sci-fi similar to many other flicks of the same nature.
Cargo never really gets going and feels very cold and depressing, though I imagine some of that is down to the set design which to be fair is well done.
Unfortunately the story is neither original nor gripping enough for anyone to care and by the end it passes away forgettably.
September 16, 2013
An interesting if derivative swiss sci-fi mystery that starts out very strong, building an atmospheric environment and a sense of inter-character paranoia but finishes kind of weak. Still, decent sci-fi in general and hard sci-fi in particular are hard to find nowadays so give this one a watch.
½ August 8, 2013
A decent little Swiss (German language) atmospheric cat-and-mouse sci-fi mystery which borrows heavily from a certain 1999 sci-fi blockbuster masterpiece.
June 7, 2013
A neat twist at the end but that's about it. Slow!
½ May 27, 2013
A surprisingly decent Swiss-German sci-fi, that has been overlooked. Reminiscent of films like Solaris, Sunshine and Alien, this is a decent space thriller with a high concept twist. Looks pretty damn good despite the low budget, and the first part of the film does a terrific job in establishing an eerie, portentous industrial sci-fi atmosphere. While the ending trails off a bit, this is still a great piece of film-making.