Carmin Tropical Reviews

• Jan 31, 2016

Intended to narrate the journey of discovery of a transgender guy, who's in search of answers about the crime and death of her also transgender friend. The film does not explore the gaped relationship between this two characters well and it is unknown to us the audience why is "she" so interesting in such mystery solving task. The film is set in a beautiful southern Mexican village known for its acceptance for homosexuals and transgendered, called here: Muxes. The film fails to document this journey either as a straight forward drama or as a Film Noir (as they later poorly intended to label the piece for commercial reasons). The story telling feels weak! or mostly constructed on an editing table rather than on character-acting/cinematography/script base. I am not sure why or how they funded this "director" and why they are presenting this film as a "treasure" Mexican cinema as it does little justice to what Mexican cinema has been and is. I would NOT recommend this film at all!. I requested my money back at the Mexican movie theater. AVOID IT! if you can.

• Nov 11, 2015

De lo Mejor que ha Salido del Cine Mexicano este Año ............ Los Últimos Minutos son Geniales

• Oct 17, 2015

A Mexican murder mystery that effectively captures a variety of moods from that of an atmospheric noir-esque tale to a kitschy gay comedy to an offbeat, unlikely romance, all rolled into one. Despite a slight tendency to drag (no pun intended) in the last half hour, this multifaceted movie is like curling up with a good book, one that features one of the most effective closing sequences I've ever seen in a film. A delightful, emotive surprise.