Carnosaur - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Carnosaur Reviews

February 3, 2016
Wow. Diane Ladd? Really? You're really in this?
December 5, 2015
-IGNORE THIS "OUT OF FIVE" RATING
1/4
Lifeless, needlessly gory JURASSIC PARK rip-off about a mad scientist wanting to breed dinosaurs and whip out the humans. Second-rate effects combine with murky plot. This might not have been THAT bad . . . but the ending leaves viewer appalled. Diane Ladd is quite good however, as the crazy woman.
½ November 22, 2014
Haha this is so terrible, so cheap, but funny. Oh no! A puppet! And the acting was so bad, which made it even better. The story made no sense and the movie was full of WTF moments that made me giggle. And that ending, wow. 3/10 for being terrible, but 7/10 for being entertaining. Split the difference.
July 1, 2014
don 't listen to anybody this movie is pretty good sure the dinosaurs look fake but to me special effects aren't what matter i mean sure the effects arent comparable with that of Jurassic park but i still found it enjoyable as well i actually liked the story better then Jurassic parks and really it's a b movie just watch and don't take it to seriously and you will probably enjoy it.
March 30, 2014
Wow when I first saw this on TV I didn't like it, now seeing it again it was much better, the dinosaur effects were so cool!
February 27, 2014
It has potential but it's unfortunately a disastrous mess with good special effects by John Carl Buecheler and a few decent scenes the film is just unfortunately a letdown at least the sequel is an improvement also the ending why in the world would you end with the people that killed the dinosaurs die? Just stick away from this and watch the sequel. Overall forgettable film with its moments like the teenagers getting killed in the jeep,the hippie saying "greetings green brother" to the dinosaur and getting killed,and the characters were just ehh.
December 31, 2013
So bad it's nearly good. a few minor points keep it from being a better movie or having a bigger cult following.
December 30, 2013
In my opinion, the best movie Roger Corman has made, sure the effects aren't Jurassic Park but great fun!
October 27, 2013
it's ok but the ending was dumb
½ July 21, 2013
Some silly entertainment value here and there. Mostly it sucked.
June 11, 2013
A low-budget rip off of Jurassic Park! Worst dinosaur film of all time! Good thing I didn't see that piece of crap.
½ June 8, 2013
Awful, Awful, awful, terrible awful movie. There is nothing else
½ May 23, 2013
A Very Entertaining Campy B Movie Which Provides Unintentional Laughs.
½ May 23, 2013
A Extremely Entertaining Campy B Movie That Never Stops Bringing The Unintentional Laughs And Puppet Dinosaurs.
March 27, 2013
Made I needed to be drunk and with friends.
½ February 3, 2013
I didn't find any of the main characters appealing so I found myself siding with the villain. Just wipe everyone out; replace them with chicken-bred dinosaurs. I really didn't care. They probably deserved it. Okay, maybe not the cop, but everyone else can go. Even by 90's standards the effects are atrocious. Additionally, the ending was anticlimactic and just as silly and incomplete as the rest of the movie. Why would you attack a T-Rex from inside a tiny freaking Bobcat and think you'd win? In what weird universe is that even a fair fight? This film frustrates me with its stupidity. I could make a better one with hand puppets.
January 7, 2013
"Carnosaur" has a few fun sequences and some decent special effects but the movie is poorly put together and the story makes little sense. The best part of the film is Diane Ladd, who plays the most insane mad scientist you've ever seen in a movie, her plan to bring dinosaurs back to life is so bizarre that you have to see it to believe it and she gives a lot of energy to her role. For the special effects some of them look pretty bad, especially in long shots but when the Tyrannosaurus is seen from close up it's a pretty decent prop and the blood/gore is fun in a bad movie kind of way. When the movie does have dinosaurs on the screen it is entertaining but there are far too few moments where all we see are people talking about the incoming disaster so it's way too slow for a B-horror film. While there are a few shining moments in the movie, overall it's pretty bad and unless you're looking for something to make fun of with some friends there's better dinosaur films out there (there's even a better one released the same year this one came out...) (Dvd, January 4, 2013)
½ July 21, 2012
Which film is better? Carnosaur or Jurassic Park? I have to find out what this movie is like.
½ July 19, 2012
Bad movie fans, you are in for a treat! A dinosaur kills hippies, Clint Howard is in it, and the ending is hilarious. Plus, it contains perhaps the greatest line in movie history, "Breaker, breaker, you're not going to believe this! There's a HOLY FUCKING DINOSAUR T-REX!"
Cinema-Maniac
June 25, 2012
We don't get to see enough Dinosaurs on screen mostly because a majority of the time the movie sucks. There been a few exceptions like King Kong, The Lost World, and the Jurassic series where Dinosaurs were awesome. Unfortunately we have more movies like Carnosaur that kill Dinosaurs from being on screen.

Carnosaur has a ridiculous plot about genetically manipulated and very hungry dinosaur escapes from a bioengineering company and reeks havoc on the local desert town. Literally nothing is worth remembering from this horrific mess. There's no characters worth caring about, there's no purpose in the plot, and it wasted your time. It has some really baffling scenes, like how our character is running away from a Dinosaur and he's enters a room with strobe lights. It look more like a nightclub scene for a comedy and I was literally waiting for the Dinosaur to do some ridiculous dance. I'm serious when I say this, every single character is poorly written in this movie. Like when a woman is screaming when she sees the a Dinosaur and only stops after the Dinosaur bites off her leg. Or another scene when some hippie character says "Greeting my green brother" to a Dinosaur, who knows what the writers were smoking to write that. This is easily one of the most poorly written movie to include Dinosaurs that I've ever seen.

The acting is so bad and I don't think have of the cast have ever acted in the business after this release. I find it ironic that Carnosaur was release in the same year as Jurassic Park and somehow managed to get an entire series made. The only thing more baffling is how poor the special effects are. Even my old plastic Dinosaur toys are more realistic than anything in this movie. I don't know about you, but I don't ever remember Dinosaurs ever having human arms when there eating there victims.

Carnosaur is not worth your time and Dinosaurs deserve to be in cetter weekend. Lets hope in the future these Dinosaur don`t become extinct in movies.