Carnosaur 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Carnosaur 2 Reviews

August 19, 2016
watch the end, that is it
½ July 1, 2014
almost as good as the first one but it got a little lazy at the end when they used stock footage of the t Rex from the first one
½ April 6, 2014
again, I don't see where all the hate comes from, this was a good dino flick
March 9, 2014
While Carnosaur 2 is nothing great but it's better than the first, it is still a fun to watch low budget Dino creature feature. The plot of Carnosaur 2 is about a group of technicians who are sent to this underground mine facility whom which they find more than a power outage they find killer dinosaurs who kill them off one by one, carnosaur 2 has some same plot elements loosely based off from Aliens(yes that movie) such as the kid from the beginning who was the only survivor,a scene in which a raptor kills a woman in a helicopter etc. For a low budget film Carnosaur 2 has decent special effects done by once again John Buechler,and has a decent story. But I can't recommend this film to anyone because one this film both on VHS and DVD are both very hard to find and two this may not be everyone's cup of tea. Anyway carnosaur 2 is not a great movie but it is still enjoyable
½ January 1, 2014
I still think a dinosaur would be able to take out heavy duty equipment, sorry Roger Corman. T rexy would destroy that forklift/loader thing.
May 23, 2013
A Very Fun B Movie, More Entertaining Than The First.
May 23, 2013
Funner Than The First One, Better Effects But Still Never Loses Its Campiness Which Makes This Movie A Blast To Watch.
April 6, 2013
"Carnosaur 2" has a plot that's a lot more coherent than the first and whether that is a good or a bad thing is up for debate. The first movie had a plot that was so insane that it was genuinely memorable and had a lot more going on than just "dinosaurs are brought back to life and eat people". While it may not have been a good movie, it was memorable. "Carnosaur 2" has a plot that's a lot more standard, with a team of electricians going inside a military building only to find themselves stranded and under attack. There is a nice addition of a time limit, as it is revealed later in the movie that there are other dangers inside the building besides the dinosaurs, but for the most part it's a plot that's a lot more predictable and less imaginative. In fact this movie doesn't really seem to be related to the first one at all, except for the fact that dinosaurs are back to life.

When it comes to the dinosaurs, the special effects vary a lot. Everything is done in nice practical effects but some costumes and puppets look pretty good, while other look silly, particularly towards the end of the movie. The gore and blood effects are well done and they're pretty convincing and there are plenty of explosions that look good too. One very badly done effect is an exploding helicopter, which is clearly a miniature and does not look convincing at all. While overall the effects are pretty decent, the performances do not sell these. When people are reacting to dialogue they're fine, but when someone is being eaten alive or is attacked by a dinosaur the acting talent just vanishes into thin air. Another problem that the movie has is that the director made some strange decisions while making the movie. Towards the beginning of the film the dinosaurs are seen only in quick glimpses or hidden by the camera but there's no need for that, this is after all a sequel and the cover of the Dvd tells you that there are going to be some dinosaurs here so why all of the mystery? There are also far too many deaths that are off-screen. Let's face it, you're not watching this movie for an in-depth plot or any character drama, you want to see velociraptors and tyrannosauruses chowing down on some surprised civilians. For that reason, "Carnosaur 2" is somewhat of a disappointment because it has far too few dinosaur attacks. There are some good scenes but the movie doesn't really feel iconic. There aren't a lot of scenes or lines that will stick with you and that means it's just an average creature-feature horror film. "Carnosaur 2" is a lot less zany than the predecessor and it's not all bad but it will leave you wanting more. (Dvd, March 29, 2013)
October 18, 2012
With the rather disturbing plot point driving the previous entry ommitted, this one proves a cut above the original (albeit it isn't as scary or unnerving). It also proves to be a scene-for-scene copying of Aliens, so there are few surprises along the way. It is enjoyable as a so-bad-it's-good flick, and certainly what we've grown to expect from Roger Corman. That having been said, take it with a grain of salt, or don't bother with it to begin with.
August 12, 2012
A while back I reviewed a horrendous dinosaur flick called Carnosaur which I really hated allot. While the original had its poorly written original plot, the sequel rips-offs a well regarded classic while still retaining issues from the first Carnosaur.

Carnosaur 2 could be consider the biggest rip-off of Aliens without the horrid label of being a remake or reboot. You got a secluded base where everyone is killed by monsters except for a single child, marines type characters to sort out the mess, crawling through vents with one character going back and blowing himself up, a helicopter pilot being killed by a monster, and finally a climax where our character fights off the monsters with a industrial machine and pushes it into a pit. Unlike Aliens where it was entertaining to watch and had great effects, Carnosaurs 2 is heavily unoriginal with effects that makes even Barney the Dinosaur look menacing. We also have to wait thirty minutes for any dinosaurs to come up which by then a third of the movie is already finished and you're mostly likely asleep by this point. Would you believe this sequel also rips-off Apocalypse Now by playing "Ride of the Valkyries" in a helicopter. Wow that's two classics this rips-off from and unfortunately it doesn't fit the "so bad its good" category either.

If you're wondering how Dinosaur exists in a military nuclear base, don't worry because the writers completely forgot to tell us that part. Even the first had the explanation of using chicken eggs to breed these plastic dinosaurs, which is completely stupid but it's something at least. I also like how in the sequel someone gets their leg eaten off and stops screaming. I wonder what's going to come off in the next Carnosaur, maybe someone butt-cheeks? The climax is very pathetic as the filmmakers actually used stock footage from the first movie, now that's what I call poor film-making. The way it's shot is very poorly done as it shows us the same angle and goes on for five minutes. You can't make a forklift battling a plastic dinosaur entertaining to watch if you're showing us the same angle over and over again. The acting is just as terrible, there's no passion or even the smallest effort in this shameless rip off.

Carnosaur 2 is a shameless rips-off with no passion and should be avoided, or burning it which is more satisfying. I'll stick to Aliens over this piece of trash any day.
½ June 12, 2012
Everything I wanted "The Lost World: Jurassic Park" to be! Shameful "Aliens" rip-off with dinos, even having a forklift vs T-Rex fight at the end.
March 19, 2012
Rips off a bit from Aliens, but it still has fun enjoyable moments that any dinosaur movie fan can enjoy. It's cheap and cheesy, with some nice gore and jumpy moments. Dinosaurs weren't too bad but they moved weirdly. Decent ending, but yeah, much too similar to Aliens.
January 7, 2012
My parents were killed by dinosaurs too.
½ January 4, 2012
"Carnosaur 2" is what happens when a filmmaker can't come up with new ideas and decides to plagiarize (nothing new in Hollywood, only... this wasn't really Hollywood!!). Anyway, this is basically "Aliens" with a T-Rex--a robotic and cheesy looking T-Rex. Oh, and make sure to enjoy the raptor boxing match! It's a wonder that someone actually committed this idea to film. Why? People actually dedicated a part of their lives to work on this... what a waste! Not recommended.
December 9, 2011
Ok so dinosaurs are really popular thanks to Jurassic park. So why not take the very popular film "Aliens" and replace the aliens with dinosaurs? Movie gold my friends... movie gold. This is the kind of film that entertains on more levels than one can count with their fingers and toes, gets panned by critics and still doesn't get the credit it deserves. Well this is going to change. Carnosaur 2 is brilliant low budget monster mayhem. I can't wait to watch it again!
½ August 18, 2011
While not as entertainingly bad as its predecessor, Carnosaur 2 still serves up tons of gory violence, hilariously bad dialogue, cheesy effects, and ridiculous scenes (How can you save someone several floors down and then fight a T-Rex with a tractor before a bomb goes off in ten minutes and somehow succeed?). Maybe I just have an insatiable love of dinosaur films and that's why I love so many of them, but who cares when you have such great memories with them? I hope my love of dinosaurs lasts forever because dinosaur films are just so fun to watch (Except the sequels to The Land Before Time!).
½ August 16, 2011
Fuck this movie, fuck it hard.
½ July 10, 2011
ripoff of jurassic park & aliens but the action & acting fucking A
½ July 3, 2011
The best of the 3 B-grade films in this trilogy. The story is pretty dull as is in all these installments, but here the cheese does work very well and we get the classic lines from character that you would hear in any action film. One black character even says "Woop there it is" at one point. Anyone that is a fan of Jurassic Park or any B-grade films at all will love this. It did hold my attention all the way through, and this is also the film that scarred me when I was in elementary, and gave me nightmares for over a month. Keep this film and possibly the others away from any kids under 13. The gore is pretty distubing in a lot of points here and seems to go slower when they happen at a younger age.