Carnosaur 3: Primal Species - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Carnosaur 3: Primal Species Reviews

August 19, 2016
redemption for the trilogy
½ July 1, 2014
the weakest entry in the trilogy but still a good time and worth a watch if u liked the first 2 the one thing that didnt make sense was how did the dinosaurs end up on the boat
June 7, 2014
this film is a shamless attempt to cash in on the lost world jurassic park hype of the time. it has little magic, cheap scares, d grade special effects, and little since of adventure. but it has something jurassic park lacks and thats the b movie charm the critically acclaimed special effects epics like jurassic park couldnt dream of catching.
May 26, 2013
Very, very bad! A rip off of Jurassic Park, especially The Lost World: Jurassic Park!
½ May 23, 2013
A Very Entertaining Bloody B Movie.
½ February 6, 2013
Brilliantly bad. A group of terrorists take out a convoy they think has uranium, but which really contains velociraptors. Exactly as bad as you'd expect. Steals radars from Alien, the riffs from Predator, and everything else from Jurassic Park.
½ October 18, 2012
A sense of humor makes this the best in the trilogy. This is a B dinosaur movie for the fun of a B dinosaur movie. Yet again, however, the red stuff flies. Not exactly for the kids. . . .
½ June 12, 2012
Not as good as the others due to a drastically decrease in budget, but it comes off well. Scott Valentine does well, but Rick Dean steals the whole film......again!
½ March 21, 2012
Very boring and uninteresting. The dinosaurs aren't there very much, and when they are there, they are incredibly unrealistic and choppy looking. There is some decent gore, but the story doesn't make much sense and the characters are horrible, but there are still some fun cheesy moments.
December 14, 2011
The worst Carnosaur flick to date, this one used every low budget action monster movie cliche possible. While it made for a story that was very straight forward, it also made for something that was too formulaic, familiar and in the end, less entertaining. If it weren't for the campy schlock stylings of the film, Carnosaur 3 would be a complete waste. Luckily, the dinosaurs enter the picture and all is forgiven. I mean, who doesn't love killer dinos?
October 27, 2011
OMG, stolen special effects, cheesy re-done plot, horrible acting...What more can you say about this SYFY "D" movie"
½ August 18, 2011
The weakest of an already stupid trilogy, Carnosaur 3 is the worst looking, the most cheap-looking, and the most stupid of the series. And by golly, I liked it! Who could forget such scenes like the rubbery raptor running away from the soldier slowly and the soldier somehow misses shooting it, or the fact these soldiers are almost completely incompetent in their decisions and can't shoot for shit, or who could forget that the dinosaurs can make themselves recover from injuries this time around, and lastly the gloriously bad death scenes are still awesome to watch. Carnosaur 3 still proves there's plenty of dinosaur mayhem to go around for B-movie fanatics like myself. Come on Hollywood, you know you want to remake this series since you've basically run dry on ideas!
½ August 16, 2011
The third movie, why does it exist?
½ July 3, 2011
The Dinos looked great in this one. Puppets rule over CGI. It had the weakest story of the 3 films, though, but I did enjoy it more than the first just for the incredibly cheesy and hilarious dialouge throughout. It is safe to say this is one the greatest B-grade trilogies ever. These films are just so bad, but it is hard not to love them if you are a fan of dinosaurs especially. These films are ones to watch with friends, though. Alone they are mostly dull, aside from the 2nd, and this one is about the dullest.
½ January 29, 2011
I can guarantee that if you ever watch this (which you probably won't), you will wish you never bothered. Primal Species is one of those films what isn't so bad it's good, it's just so bad it's.......... bad, I guess. Anyway, it was obvious that the producers and director of this film were only interested in the money from this, and instead of the makers of this film concentrating on "Carnosaurs", they seem to concentrate on the argument of: "which is better, the army or the navy?!?!" ha ha. At the end of the day, this is just pathetic, and nothing more than pathetic.
Shrewlord
January 5, 2011
Cheap rubbish - avoid watching it at any cost.
Keiko A. --Samurai--
November 14, 2010
Directed by Jonathan Winfrey and staring Scott Valentine, Janet Gunn and Rick Dean

Carnosaur is the best movie ever made because of how creative it is and it is still my favorite film after all these years. Before Carnosaur it was howls moving castle, Meany still ask me why it is my favorite movie I like it for all the wrong reasons okay. Dinosaurs killing people, People fighting back, Getting there arms and legs torn off, Big battle between a T-REX and a bulldozer. It just makes the best movie.

"SPOILERS"

Before I write this review I won't to recap what has just happened so you understand why I hate it.

CARNOSAUR

A deadly biological virus is be unleashed upon the world and infects a small town and the virus aftermath if not contained will wipe out the human race and Carnosaur will roam the earth again. 2 people an environmental activist and a security guard try to stop the spread before the Carnosaur escape even further.

CARNOSAUR 2

In the aftermath the virus failed and was rendered useless and the remaining Carnosaur were shot dead and burned same with the contaminated victims. But not long after the Carnosaur are back and they take over a mining facility. A team is sent into find out what happened.

CARNOSAUR 3

International terrorists are terrified when their hijacked cargo turns out to be genetically engineered dinosaurs. Now... the army commando team attempting recovery of this secret cargo is about to make the same deadly discovery.

Carnosaur 3 is just so terrible same with the others how did it go from being my favourite movie is the first film to something so crap and awful. The reason is that NO ONE CAN WRITE SOMETHING GOOD. Its just the same shit over and over trust me.

0% for story nothing cool ever happened just Carnosaur coming back and escaping once again.

5% for acting again no one can act for shit. One person was alright.

5% for special effects the Carnosaur look awful one of the effects out of the whole movie look okay. The action scenes are very dull.

0% for characters yet again there is noting on them just them talking about nothing.

1% for everything else. Not sure what doen't make me give it a zero.

Here is a nice fact in japan this is called primal species do you know why? Becuase there never was a carnosaur 3 they called it that for some little recignition. Thats why the story is so untrue to the others.

Just skip it.

Keiko's score 5-100
ElCochran90
½ July 13, 2010
More cast-members-in-dinosaur-suits action, this time providing tons of hilariously awful fun and bullets! Gorier deaths are still the highlight, with an ending more ludicrous than the one shown in the first movie. Well, it surpassed the first sequel, hahaha!

12/100