Carol Channing: Larger Than Life Reviews

• Dec 27, 2014

Amazing woman, performer and human being. What would the world would be like with more attitudes like hers? This film is an amazingly cute love story too

• Jul 16, 2014

A fantastic voyage through the life of one of Broadway's shinning stars. Quirky, funny and at times as campy as Carol herself, it has moments that are both touching and revealing.

• Jan 18, 2014

The documentary is okay, but, the subject is entertaining to say the least . . .

• Oct 30, 2013

She had it all: talent for comedy, drama, singing, dancing, acting, and not upstaging her co-stars till the proper moment. Oh, and incredible legs with a nice face and an unmistakable voice. No one deserves to be flattered with caricatures and mimics more.

• Jun 30, 2013

CAROL CHANNING: LARGER THAN LIFE is a happy surprise. A film sure to put a huge smile on your face. Not the most insightful documentary, but also not a slick lovefest, LTL shows that there truly are amazing indefatigable people in this world. Carol Channing is a force of nature and this film gives us 90 minutes in the presence of this very much living legend.

• Sunil J Super Reviewer
    Sep 13, 2012

Hilarious and delightful.

Hilarious and delightful.

• Aug 20, 2012

I used to like Carol Channing but after seeing fantastic documentary I LOVE LOVE her. A funny and touching story of a genuine Lady. I laughed and I cried. Her story of Lady Astor and Istanbul had me literally holding my sides. And the story of her compassion of one of of Dolly dancers suffering from AIDS had me balling my eyes out. A must see.

• Aug 15, 2012

It's a total puff piece love letter. But I doubt there is much Else but good to say about Ms. Channing.

• Aug 09, 2012

What a delight! I used to think of Carol Channing as a mugging, simpering joke, a staple of seventies television, and on an endless tour of "Hello Dolly!" Oh, she mugs and simpers, but she is also a workhorse, and still going pretty strong at age 90. She proves the benefit of a positive, loving outlook on life. This movie gave me new respect for her.

• Jul 06, 2012

This is a truly enjoyable film to watch, especially for us who adore the American musical theatre. There is no question that that Carol Channing is a legend and icon. Only after watching this lovingly made valentine are we bothered by the sad undercurrent of Ms. Channing's Pagliacci-like life. She is presented as always laughing on the outside and making others laugh as they admire her talent. Alas, we learn in hints throughout the film how dreadfully sad a life she led on the inside. The saddest part of the film is not mentioned. Shortly after filming, her beloved Harry passed away. Brava Ms. Channing!