Carol for Another Christmas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Carol for Another Christmas Reviews

½ December 20, 2015
Couldn't get into it.
May 12, 2015
Unusual twist to the traditional Christmas Carol story featuring my man Sterling Hayden as a spoiled rich crunk learning about the evils of war and wealth from the traditional ghosts. A bit heavy handed at times, and certainly too long (Sellers DOES just keep going on and on), but watchable due to the curiousity value of the stars and writer.
December 22, 2013
In the intro to this they said that ABC did this very different adaptation of A Christmas Carol and aired it in 1964. However, they never aired it again. I can see why as this is probably the worst version of A Christmas Carol ever produced. Although it is a who's who involved here it doesn't make for a very entertaining movie.
½ December 19, 2013
didnt care for this version of the classic dickens' tale
February 6, 2013
A bit strident for my taste, but an interesting update of the Dicken's tale, this time with a more global political bent, pleading for cooperation between nations and international peacekeeping. Originally produced as a "United Nations Special"and sponsored by the Xerox Corporation, this was the only TV movie directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz and features a stellar cast that includes Sterling Hayden, Peter Sellers, Eva Marie Saint, Ben Gazzara, Steve Lawrence, Pat Hingle, Robert Shaw, Peter Fonda and Britt Ekland. Rod Serling wrote the script and Henry Mancini composed the score. Regardless of your politics (although I do agree with the film's point of view), it's a well made film.