Carrie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Carrie Reviews

June 22, 2016
This was a decent adaptation to Stephen King's novel (where the story comes from). While it does not touch on important plot points in the novel, it still is effective in its story of an outsider girl with special powers. It was nice to see the film explore more into Carrie realizing her powers than the original one. Also, Moretz is actually a teenager (like Carrie) in this film. In the previous version, Sissy Spacek was in her mid-20s when she shot the film. Not the best Stephen King adaptation and only a decent re-make.
June 21, 2016
Terrible ....terrible...Not developed into a good story
June 21, 2016
Pretty good movie. As good or better than the original!
June 16, 2016
One of the best remakes out there
½ June 1, 2016
A unneeded remake that doesn't add anything to the original, making you feel like you're watching the same movie all over again- only less so. Carrie comes off as a Jedi from Star Wars, and her powers are less interesting. The climax is rushed and has too much spectacle to it, which really dumbs it down. The ending isn't as exciting or spooky as the original.
May 16, 2016
I loved this movie. It lived up to the original with great special effects great movie! Should make a sequel.
½ May 16, 2016
I have now seen all 3 versions of this movie and, by FAR, this was the absolute WORST! The actress tried too hard (and failed, btw) to recreate the original "Carrie" as portrayed by Ms Spacik. Horrible version! PAY YOURSELF to miss this one!
½ April 25, 2016
Remake of the 1976 movie, this time ChloŽ Grace Moretz portrays the ever famous insecured yet delicate character, Carrie. I haven't seen the classic film for a long time and I saw it when I was a kid. The movie reminded me of not to mess with girls like her! The power that Carrie possesses seems to be explored a little bit more in this film and we also get to see more of Carrie's characteristics. Perhaps they wanted this movie to be more of a exploration of the essential elements of the story such as the so-called telekinesis and Carrie herself. The story starts off in a quite demented way, if you ask me. I thought Julianne Moore performed well. I thought everybody did but some scenes where every single student is making fun of Carrie seems quite exaggerated unless there is a school that actually has students like that, I'll take back what I said. Other than that, the movie simply shows how a timid teenager becomes this powerful being that brings chaos and destruction on everything because supposedly being tricked by the idiot teenagers. And that's what I think is the moral of the story in this movie. Teenagers becoming bullies, even without apparent reason to target the weak and it has been like that ever since, I would know. I've been on both sides and it's not a pretty thing at all. But I'm not going to rant on about the concept of bullying but rather this movie is actually pretty good. I thought it would just be another mediocre remake of a classic horror movie that's already established to be THE classic movie nevertheless but I thought it was not that bad at all. There were a few flaws I've found in the movie but they're not much of a problem like any other movie that I've reviewed before. One of them was the idea that Sue's boyfriend didn't tell Carrie that he's doing it out of "charity". More specifically, to just do it because Sue suggested that Carrie deserves a "magical night" at the prom. While it's good and all to have that kind of consideration but they lack the tendency to actually be in Carrie's shoes, in her perspective. The generosity was too much for my taste but then again, it is a horror movie after all. No matter how much I yell at the screen (which I didn't by the way), they're not gonna actually listen to me. What happens, happens and it is to be expected anyhow. The CGI effects are good enough, believable. The part where Carrie learns more about her power was interesting. 2013 movie version of Carrie is another movie to enjoy watching. Especially if you're a horror movie buff, this is something to not miss out on for. But then again, it's okay to miss out on for anyways. It's not recommended but it is suggested. Good movie, ChloŽ Grace Moretz was awesome, and Judy Greer survived another chaotic moment.
½ April 21, 2016
This did not need to be made, but since I never saw the original movie I enjoyed this movie. It was a good revenge story and was very well acted.
½ April 11, 2016
Another failed attempt to remake a masterpiece.
April 11, 2016
This film doesn't deserve a 49% ChloŽ Grace Moretz and Julianne Moore did a great job
½ April 4, 2016
Not as good as the original, the original I felt like you didn't need to have read the book to understand. This one I felt like you really needed to have read the book to know what was going on.
April 1, 2016
Good adaptation, But had like 20 mins extra unnecessary and damaging material in the end which took down the movie from a 4.
March 27, 2016
Is to near with Elfen Lied anime, I think this psycollogic teenager thing with superpowers is very strong.
½ March 26, 2016
I think it is a horrible movie. I thought it was alright at the beginning but there is no real 'story' in it. The story that it shown is way to long with too less details,*SPOILER* and after 1 hour and 20 minutes she goes on a rampage.

Thats the whole movie. The most scary thing in the movie is her mom.
March 21, 2016
Pointless remake of the classic horror film. The Carrie remake is forgettable and just far too average for its own good. I really like Chloe Grace Morets but she is so miscast here, it's kind've laughable.
½ March 20, 2016
Like the original with it's own little twists, if you're a fan of the original I suggest you watch this one too.
½ March 10, 2016
What people are failing to see in this modernized version of the story of "Carrie" is the anti-bullying message. Sure, not everyone has telekinesis (haha) and goes on a murderous rampage, but the message is there. The casting was excellent and the film stayed true to the novel as well as the original film. Moore nailed the role of the disturbed Margaret White, and Moretz gave new life to this classic horror character. It deserves more credit than people are willing to give it.
March 9, 2016
Unnecessary remake that is still somewhat entertaining during the set-up but totally falls apart during the infamous prom scene. Even the great Chloe Moretz feels oddly out of place channeling X-Men gestures as she is laying waste to the small town. There is nothing scary about this film except for her mother's religious fanaticism. And the final anti-mobbing statement feels really dumb.
March 8, 2016
Freaking awesome!! Revenge is bitter sweet