Carrie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Carrie Reviews

March 21, 2016
Pointless remake of the classic horror film. The Carrie remake is forgettable and just far too average for its own good. I really like Chloe Grace Morets but she is so miscast here, it's kind've laughable.
½ March 20, 2016
Like the original with it's own little twists, if you're a fan of the original I suggest you watch this one too.
½ March 10, 2016
What people are failing to see in this modernized version of the story of "Carrie" is the anti-bullying message. Sure, not everyone has telekinesis (haha) and goes on a murderous rampage, but the message is there. The casting was excellent and the film stayed true to the novel as well as the original film. Moore nailed the role of the disturbed Margaret White, and Moretz gave new life to this classic horror character. It deserves more credit than people are willing to give it.
March 9, 2016
Unnecessary remake that is still somewhat entertaining during the set-up but totally falls apart during the infamous prom scene. Even the great Chloe Moretz feels oddly out of place channeling X-Men gestures as she is laying waste to the small town. There is nothing scary about this film except for her mother's religious fanaticism. And the final anti-mobbing statement feels really dumb.
March 8, 2016
Freaking awesome!! Revenge is bitter sweet
February 15, 2016
It boasts a handful of modern twists and some impressive technical effects, but this second remake of 1976's horror classic fails to bring many truly fresh ideas to the table and rings hollow due to a screenplay that unabashedly borrows from the original -- and plummets further into the genre barrel from inferior performances by its well-chosen cast.
February 8, 2016
Way better than the first carrie, the ending just as it supposed to be â 1/4ď¸?
January 29, 2016
I thought this would be a huge and really good horror film. It was huge but not as good as I thought it would be. First of all Chloe Grace Moretz is way too cute to be a social outcast but they did a pretty good job making her one. And the movie went by too quick in my opinion! I was hoping for like a half hour more of something! The bullying was plain cruel and whoever was like the bully in the movie in real life is really stupid and senseless and I doubt anyone would go that far in real life. It overall just wasn't my kind of horror flick. C-
January 21, 2016
Creeped the crap out of me in some parts. Chloe was great as she usually is. But Julianne just took the creepiness to a whole new level. Some deaths did shock me but this shows that you should never piss off a girl at Prom!
½ January 20, 2016
Pretty good remake, but since I saw the original film and know that plot line, I wish they added a new twist or interpret the source material differently. But the film is just an update of the original.
½ January 15, 2016
All the brutality of the original, with none of the art.
½ January 14, 2016
I don't believe much in "excellent" Hollywood remakes.
Some are good, and some are just terrible.
And this is the latter.
A 2013 remake of Brian De Palma's far superior 1976 Carrie, this film cannot compete with the original.
Why? Because there's so many things about the original that were so good, it was memorable. This remake doesn't even add up to it's plot, effects, or characters.
Sissy Spacek was Carrie White. She had just the character for her performance. It made me believe her troubled character, and that I praise.
Chloe Grace Moretz was nothing more but an annoying bitch. She looks more like a popular girl than a social outcast. Her bloody look didn't make me believe anything about her. I've even grown to hate her for her other stupid performances.
And everyone else looked like Hollywood extras than an independent unknown cast. One of the worst horror movie remakes I have watched. I suggest people stay away from this one and keep to the original.
December 29, 2015
Good till the en, not that gory, not that scary but it was kinda what I expected
December 22, 2015
It was very good and I like the effects
November 27, 2015
Moretz is a great actress, but neither her nor Bettis and not even Spacek are ugly enough to portray Carrie. She was written to be a fat, ugly outcast. None of them would have been outsiders; Moretz was beautiful at prom!
Another thing - this adaptation shouldn't have been modernized. The 70s film brings on a sort of rawness; posting Carrie on YouTube almost belittles the story.
November 27, 2015
Why was this made? It can't touch the original, and covers the same old ground without justifying its existence. It is there, that's about it. Watch the original for a very different experience.
November 27, 2015
Rather uneven and unnecessary although this remake is, the main fault appears to be the screenplay - it's all so much blunt force trauma, albeit delivered in blood. There are no nuances, no subtleties and no real point to it all. And the ending...risible.
November 8, 2015
The best version of the story I'd say
November 5, 2015
I love it, one of my favorite movies!
½ November 1, 2015
Remake lejos de estar a la altura del original de Brian de Palma, con problemas de tono (Mean Girls versión gore), aunque medianamente pasable gracias a las buenas actuaciones de Julianne Moore y Chloe Grace Moretz.