Cars Reviews

• Apr 07, 2021

Good story on friendship. The character development was good. The race scenes were fun to watch.

• Anthony
    Apr 03, 2021

One of the worst films I’ve ever seen

One of the worst films I’ve ever seen

• Apr 03, 2021

This movie is great But WHY is it great? 1. Visually. From the very first moments of the film, my mouth was hanging open. I mean, what the hell? Nothing looks this good. I have no idea how they made the cars look so much like real cars, and STILL make them look so much like characters. And the settings? Having grown up and traveled all over the South West United States (including more than one pilgrimage down Route 66) They captured, not only the visuals, but the atmosphere and character America's Main Street Perfectly. Frankly, if you put real actors in many of the scenes, you wouldn't realize it was computer generated… you know, if the landscape wasn't made up of old car parts. 2. Creativity. Talking animals. Every cartoon HAS to have talking animals. Only so many cartoons can be about talking animals trying to bamboozle around with humans. Thank goodness for Cars. They create an entirely believable world populated by machines, with tractor cows, and somehow they still have George Jones and Hendrix. The story IS quite predictable, but it's still quite creative. With this level of creative juice flowing in one of John's babies, I can't wait to see what he has in store for further feature animation and theme parks. 3. Characters. I have a beef with Hollywood. They have no idea what life in a small town is like. They either try and stuff their ideals and attitude into a western shirt, or else fill America's heartland with dolts, "we don't like outsiders" sheriffs, or crazed murderers. Thankfully, Pixar did their homework and featured small town folk as they really are: eclectic, eccentric, loyal, creative with their fun, friendly with visitors, and really worth while. The subtle touches, such as the lovable rivalry between the Hippie van and the Army truck, or the crazy old Model T talking to the memorial of her dead husband (very touching), gives a complex and wonderfully, realistically diverse view off small town life. The same is true with the racing world. Wilson and Newman are, of course, fantastic. It's funny how the gravel in Newman's voice fits perfectly with the rumble of his engine, likewise Wilson's distinct voice sounds just like the high-tuned growl of a race car. Every voice is so paired. Bottom line, you leave loving virtually every character in the movie. 4. Story. A little bit A Christmas Carol, a little bit The Sting. The story starts out fast and exciting, like the race it portrayed. The big second act meanders lazily from one fantastic story point to the next, just like Route 66 drives from one landmark to another. I can see why some may say it can get slow, but, as is one of the points of the story, the joy is in the ride. And again, the third act flows quickly and furiously like, well, another race. I give it a score of 10 out of 10. I can't wait to see it again.

• Mar 25, 2021

An entertaining albeit more cliche story than Pixar's movies up to this point. The movie is colorful and charming with no great flaws, but it is not very deep. The concept and themes blend well but it's also a little superficial.

• Mar 25, 2021

Most underrated Pixar movie. Such a great watch

Most underrated Pixar movie. Such a great watch

• Mar 22, 2021

In my honest opinion Disney Cars is the best movie ever made. It is a great movie that I could watch over and over again, a movie for the whole family I think. This movie raked in heaps of money in which they made 462 million dollars usd equivalent to 639 million Nz dollars. There are plenty of great characters in cars. My favorite would have to be Doc hudson. This movie teaches us about being up yourself and how easy it is to change to be down to earth and respect what you have.

• Mar 21, 2021

This was the very first movie I ever saw at a movie theatre. I had gone with my school to watch this. I was already very excited since I got some stickers with something (I don't exactly remember) so I wanted to know more about this film. It was really visually appealing to see. Although I didn't know English back then so I was only interested in the races and seeing Lightning McQueen and Mater do weird things (and also Lightning McQueen building the road was also pretty interesting to me somehow; it still is). Ever since then I had seen this film every single time it came on Disney (there was a time when the Pixar movies were being shown a lot on Sundays). I like every single thing about the movie - the visual appeal, the story, the characters, the songs, the character development. And it's based on one of my favourite subjects - race cars. Although this is not my bias saying how awesome this movie is. Everything falls in its place perfectly. The story is pretty straightforward, and it is entire driven by Lightning McQueen's character development and the time he spends with the other cars. I'd have wished the other movies of this franchise had also been similar, but at the same time I also think this movie didn't need any sequels.

• Mar 18, 2021

Cars is the best Pixar movie in my opinion, The story of him being a famous race car and then heading to an almost abounded town. Meeting friends and more, was a good story. Especially for a race car like Lightning McQueen. The music fits right into this movie. I am going to give Cars a: A-

• Mar 14, 2021

This is my childhood and good funny movie

This is my childhood and good funny movie

• Feb 28, 2021

The best Owen Wilson-Larry the Cable Guy Disney-Pixar comedy ever!!!!!!

The best Owen Wilson-Larry the Cable Guy Disney-Pixar comedy ever!!!!!!