Cars 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cars 2 Reviews

½ August 4, 2017
It was an sinificant fall for Pixar this sequel, after a gold decade with amazing movies, but unlike ''The Good Dinosaur'' that is a visual beautiful movie, but not entertaining at all, Cars 2 is still entertaining. Sure a bit goofy, and lacking heart and warmth but the fast-paced action and suberb visuals made it a OK movie to see, specialy for kids!

|It's a 6,8 out of 10|
August 4, 2017
It was a great, action-packed film, and I thought that Michael Caine was a great choice for McMissile. One thing I do want to say about it is that I dont really think McQueen should've been rude to Mater.
August 2, 2017
This movie is not bad on it's own, and gives us some really great animation. Until you compare Cars 2 with Cars. This movie is not even funny and it's really dumb. Spy's? Really? No one asked for this junk.
½ July 29, 2017
Alright, choosing Dory to star in "Finding Dory" was a good choice. It's a shame that it didn't work out that well with Mater, sometimes, I mean, the whole goddamn time, Lary the Cable Guy just sounded more irritating than the last time. Even though, the race around the world is very interesting and Pixar's animation is astonishing as usualy, the substance and characters arcs weren't developed enough.
July 28, 2017
Ok this was highly underrated. People say it wasn't good because it didn't feel like the 1st cars movie... SO APPARENTLY ITS BAD FOR A SEQUAL TO BE UNIQUE?????? WHY???The story is good. The voice acting is good, and I like that they focused on mater.
And because it's a sequel a lot of modern people says it's bad before the even give it a chance. I'm exited for cars 3, you bet I'm seeing it!!!!!! Though I admit there are a few plot holes.
July 28, 2017
A good exciting cool car action movie with gadgets and guns, exciting chases,spy action and Big explosions,better than the original,It may be a spy parody but it's fun as Mater the main character this time,it's to expand the Cars world
½ July 27, 2017
Cars 2's vibe is a lot different from the first in fact the vibe is less interesting. The Movie poster should have Mc queen where Mator is and Mator should replace Lightning because the story is just all about Mator. Cars 2 was a huge disappointment from Pixar, who we thought were good at making movies.
½ July 25, 2017
This film wasn't as good as the last and probably the worst film in the cars trilogy. One reason I didn't like this film was because I didn't know what direction Pixar was going for this movie because the stuff was just so random. I also didn't like the way that they just pushed McQueen off to the side and Mater was the main character. However 2 1/2 stars. The race scenes were pretty cool.
July 20, 2017
With Cars 2, the saying "Pixar can do no wrong" is finally proved to be false. The first film barely managed to dodge that bullet. However, this one finally results in them losing a possible world record of most critically acclaimed films from a production studio in a row. It's not Golden Raspberry worthy but I can understand why the Academy didn't nominate this film for any award. The animation is as visually striking as always, the action sequences are pretty cool and I don't mind the movie going at a fast pace. But compared to Pixar's previous films, it's bad. As its own stand-alone title, it can be thrilling but still not the best choice for children. It has a convoluted plot - something about a bunch of evil cars wanting to make a type of gas look bad -, the G rating is inappropriate - come on, The Incredibles managed to get rated PG...how much did you pay 'em, Lasseter? - and I'm not too keen on Mater being the hero this time around. While I admit Larry the Cable Guy is charming as him and he is more tolerable than Jar Jar, his ignorance is more likely going to induce groaning from older audiences since he's mostly there for child appeal. And he clearly isn't a spy yet those two British idiots take too long to realize it despite clear signs that he doesn't know anything about espionage. Cars 2 is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be but, despite some solid action sequences to back it up, the film ultimately runs low on fuel. Could've been far, far, FAR worse than the end result turned out to be.
½ July 19, 2017
Albeit its ending was implausible, Cars 2 is a compelling and exciting spy movie.
½ July 13, 2017
this should have been expected by looking at the original
July 5, 2017
It's fun enough. I probably would've slapped it with a PG rating due to the amount of gun play but it's still a cute diversion. Love the new voice cast members Caine, Mortimer, Turtorro, and Izzard.
July 4, 2017
Of course next to Pixar's elite its underwhelming but what isn't? Cars 2 is still a fun and fast drive that looks great and has a few things to admire, even if Pixar's trademark emotional punch is reduced.
½ July 4, 2017
A funny family movie. That doesn't mean that it is a good movie.
½ July 4, 2017
It's just awful, the worst film ever made by Pixar.
July 4, 2017
7/3/2017 (2): An ok movie at best. Not near as good as the first film.
July 3, 2017
This has become Pixar's one failure. Making Mater the main character of this one was a bad choice. He's fine as a secondary character, but gets extremely annoying with this much screen time. Once again, a movie geared towards the young boy demographic, but with a spy thriller plot that they wouldn't understand. I will applaud the visuals for their bright colors and beautiful renditions of Japan, Italy, and the United Kingdom, though.
July 1, 2017
Funny, Action Packed but Mater main character really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
½ June 28, 2017
This is the only Cars movie that I kept having to convince my 4-year-old to pay attention to. In the end, her disinterest actually made me proud. This sequel to the small-town comedy original is a play on spy movies because...spies...drive...cars...I guess? Only the spies here are some of the least intuitive in history. (HE'S TELLING YOU HE'S NOT A SPY! BELIEVE HIM!) Oddly convoluted, bluntly moral, and fully obnoxious, it's...Oh wait! It's a Michael Bay movie! I get it now!
June 28, 2017
Speedy race scenes, thrilling plot, perfect characters, CARS 2 is a masterpiece who's only flaws are it's change in main characters and violence.