Casa de mi padre - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Casa de mi padre Reviews

April 19, 2015
If I wanted to read I would get a book
March 30, 2015
A Funny or Die skit that's been stretched out to a seemingly too long 80 minutes.
½ March 29, 2015
"If it sounds Spanish, man, that's what it is; it's a Spanish movie."

I can't even go into description of how stupid and funny this movie was. This was probably the 2nd greatest spoof movie I have ever seen. Will Ferrel deserves a Oscar nomination!
March 27, 2015
It was.. odd. Don't expect anything and you'll be pleasantly confused.
March 25, 2015
I dont know how to review this movie. Sometimes I was like, you know is not so bad, and other times I was like wow what a bad quality movie. Overall, I gave this movie. 1 1/2 stars.
½ November 30, 2014
Will Ferrell stars as Armando Alvarez in Casa de mi Padre. Casa de mi Padre, all in Spanish, is a comedy about the drug trafficking, and how although he is a rancher, he finds out his brother has ventured into drugs. Casa de mi Padre is a decent movie, but fails to really to be too funny, and at times takes it self too seriously. Genesis Rodriguez was stunning, but that might be the only take away from this movie.
November 29, 2014
will is the good guy to fight mens
November 17, 2014
different but lots of funny parts and a good parody of old Mexican movies (2 views)
November 15, 2014
Whilst not being utterly hilarious, you have to admire the attempt. I'd love to know whether this film is a hit in Spanish speaking countries, indeed Mexico. In any language, if you are a Ferrell fan, there is enough to please. Story wise, it's definitely thin, but this fits in nicely to the FOD and Spoils Of Babylon fold of ode's to 70's niche films/TV.
November 7, 2014
It was funny if you dont mind reading subtitles the entire movie, i dont mind subtitles for a drama but not for a comedy.
½ November 2, 2014
141102: I'm going to put this one right up there with Nacho Libre. Brought me many laughs. Good movie.
½ October 17, 2014
Spoof of the western films and films of 50 - 70"s good comedy a nice watch.
½ October 17, 2014
Pretty bad movie. While it has some funny and clever moments, the film's major problem is that in trying to parody cheesy Spanish soap operas/novellas and grindhouse movies it takes inspiration from, it becomes another bad entry into those genres. Granted, cheesy B-movies and grindhouse movies have a certain appeal to them in their bad quality and editing, combing the genre with Spanish soaps was not a great idea. It would've worked better as a fake trailer like Machete or Hobo with a Shotgun (which are two fantastic examples of grindhouse films), but wears thin and tedious as a feature-length film.
½ October 9, 2014
When is Will Ferrell going to get credit for being the genius he is? While Casa de mi Padre is certainly no Gone with the Wind or even Anchorman, it is a brilliant experiment that was much funnier than I had been led to believe. Will's lily white ass amongst his supposed Hispanic family, fake white tigers, intentionally poor edits, telenovela drama, all done in Spanish...comic genius. As Roger Ebert once said, if you didn't get this movie, it says more about you than the film itself.
September 12, 2014
It's a fun play on Mexican telenovas with plenty of other satire concerning westerns and movie-making in general. Will Ferrell makes and breaks this movie all at once according to everyone who's bothered to rate or review this one. I enjoyed it but it clearly could have been executed better, but everyone involved had fun.
½ August 31, 2014
"Casa de mi Padre" is one of those regular SNL skits that was somehow extended into a full length movie. And although the movie succeeds at some few funny moments, the film wastes its potential by trying to make us care for characters that are either too over-the-top or painfully uninteresting. Will Ferrell talks spanish real bad, and that is funny the first fifteen minutes, but turns annoying really quickly. Diego Luna and Gael Garcia Bernal are given the most boring dialogues in scenes I felt were never ending. In fact, the whole movie felt an eternity. Casa de mi Padre is a failed attempt at a definite Robert Rodriguez-inspired satire, that is way overlong besides its 1-hour-and-20-minutes duration, and way underproduced for a Will Ferrell Comedy. Just go watch "Machete" instead.
½ August 20, 2014
muy mala no es una pelicula de accion ni comica
½ August 4, 2014
What can I say about this movie? It was a big fiasco with a few good scenes and many bad ones.
July 25, 2014
gringos are crazy, man!
½ July 19, 2014
A valiant effort to make a Spanish-language Western/parody, but it falls a little flat. It's quick (80min), but feels quite long and not a whole lot actually happens. Ferrell is good, but nothing special, and there's no truly funny moments, just lots of little silly bits, such a cameramen in reflections, fake backdrops, mannequins instead of people, etc. Interesting idea, but not suitable for a whole film.