Casa de mi padre - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Casa de mi padre Reviews

September 12, 2014
It's a fun play on Mexican telenovas with plenty of other satire concerning westerns and movie-making in general. Will Ferrell makes and breaks this movie all at once according to everyone who's bothered to rate or review this one. I enjoyed it but it clearly could have been executed better, but everyone involved had fun.
½ August 31, 2014
"Casa de mi Padre" is one of those regular SNL skits that was somehow extended into a full length movie. And although the movie succeeds at some few funny moments, the film wastes its potential by trying to make us care for characters that are either too over-the-top or painfully uninteresting. Will Ferrell talks spanish real bad, and that is funny the first fifteen minutes, but turns annoying really quickly. Diego Luna and Gael Garcia Bernal are given the most boring dialogues in scenes I felt were never ending. In fact, the whole movie felt an eternity. Casa de mi Padre is a failed attempt at a definite Robert Rodriguez-inspired satire, that is way overlong besides its 1-hour-and-20-minutes duration, and way underproduced for a Will Ferrell Comedy. Just go watch "Machete" instead.
½ August 20, 2014
muy mala no es una pelicula de accion ni comica
½ August 4, 2014
What can I say about this movie? It was a big fiasco with a few good scenes and many bad ones.
July 25, 2014
gringos are crazy, man!
½ July 19, 2014
A valiant effort to make a Spanish-language Western/parody, but it falls a little flat. It's quick (80min), but feels quite long and not a whole lot actually happens. Ferrell is good, but nothing special, and there's no truly funny moments, just lots of little silly bits, such a cameramen in reflections, fake backdrops, mannequins instead of people, etc. Interesting idea, but not suitable for a whole film.
July 16, 2014
The humor reminded me of Napoleon Dynamite and Nacho Libre, and that is a good thing!
July 6, 2014
De toda la hizo para las películas españolas que he visto a Will Ferrell hacer, este es uno de ellos. Mejor línea de la película, "Mexico is the bestico!"
June 30, 2014
What? This movie was lame. It's like Dumb & Dumber.
June 28, 2014
OK movie overall with a few laughs and gun fights
½ June 23, 2014
low budget film. The only entertainment part of the movie is Will Ferrell speaking okay Spanish, and that cheesy scarface recreation scene.
June 23, 2014
make sure you know Spanish other wise read the subtitles and laugh at will........A Caaaasa de me Paaaadre
½ June 22, 2014
Though it can be tedious and devoid of laughs at points, Casa de mi padre is a parody that works because of the charm and hilarity of its cast.
June 17, 2014
I wanted to really enjoy it I did Will Ferrell usually has no problem with me when he gets on screen I usually laugh at everything he does. Sadly with this one it's not as good as it needs to be with this I felt is was on screen for too long and I didn't mind the Spanish speaking I think it would have been better if I knew Spanish. There are some really hilarious parts but nothing really too good or not enough of them to save this movie. Luckily Anchorman 2 came out and brought him back up.
½ June 1, 2014
More of a niche comedy than broad yuckfest, 'Casa de mi Padre' relishes in the melodrama and cheese of over-the-top Hispanic soaps. Yes, its story is thin, its dialogue woeful and its presentation overblown, but that's how a lot of these shows actually are, and for that, it's a fitting and joyous romp.
½ May 4, 2014
I was gonna give a 3 star, but gave it a half more due to the fact that the story was not to bad, but the way they did the movie sucked. It was dry, but I do see what the were trying to do for the movie. Glad it was on netflix. Would not want to buy the bluray.
April 30, 2014
I tried...but I just couldn't get past the subtitles. I'm not a subtitles guy even if Will Ferrell is the star. There were some funny parts...but the Spanish overshadowed them so I turned the movie off about 1/2 hour in.
April 24, 2014
I believe a lot of people have overlooked the brilliance of this movie. There are amazing skits littered all throughout this movie, they are very well calculated and there is a whole lot to this movie that you will miss if you only watch it once. Casa de mi padre actually becomes more amusing the more times you watch it. The use of props are amazing. If you are not very observant this movie will most probably come across rather dull so I guess you can rule out the American audience.
April 17, 2014
The little bits are the best bits. Gotta keep your eye out for em'.
April 5, 2014
Hillarious. Will Ferrell's expressions and Spanish can and pretty much do carry this film!