Casino Royale - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Casino Royale Reviews

½ December 28, 2016
Best Bond movie post Brosnan.
½ December 21, 2016
Credible reboot of the long running franchise starring Daniel Craig that actually goes back to the original Ian Fleming source material and makes the Pierce Brosnan era welcome history.
The film is more serious (no Q or Moneypenny characters, less gadget emphasis) but still has breathtaking action sequences that are less CGI and an improvement on its predecessor Die Another Day.
I remember when Craig was first cast the furore it caused amongst some Bond fans. They need not have worried to be fair.
Many memorable scenes from the novel are faithfully adapted but the card game in the Casino Royale is changed to Texas Hold'em Poker.
½ December 16, 2016
Great reboot of a never-ending saga of a new and captivating 007, played by a big Daniel Craig, who seems to have embodied the true James Bond
½ November 17, 2016
Casino Royale is certainly one of the best Bond films due to the reimagining of the franchise to a quality that makes it feel genuine. The ability of appealing to classic Bond fans while still being distinctly unique makes this an evident success. Craig's Bond is exposed suspensefully through emotional and physical vulnerability that provides the character with some much needed depth. Thrilling realism at its finest.
November 13, 2016
IMO the best bond movie of all time. The action aren't stupid, the characters are great, and all that happens in the movie make some serious and enhancing plot development.
November 6, 2016
Textbook Filmmaking and the perfect James Bond film. Not only is the action and suspense absolutely spectacular but it really explores the beginnings of James Bond as a double O agent. Daniel Craig is my favourite bond. I know it's a cliche choice but he really has the perfect balance of manliness and smoothness. Mads Mikkelsen plays a great villain and Eva Green plays one of the best Bond girls ever. She is smart, sophisticated and probably the most complex bond girl since Diana Rigg in 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service'. "You Know My Name - Chris Cornell" is also one of the best bond songs. It has that perfect mix of classic bond flare with a new alternative sound grounded in the 21st Century. Casino Royale is not just one of the best Bond films, it's one of the best action films ever made!
October 29, 2016
A Film That Strips Most Of The Glamour And Escapism From Bond, But Remains The Truest And Toughest Instalment Yet.
½ October 28, 2016
A new Bond for a new generation.
October 25, 2016
My name is bond , James Bond; The name is enough!
October 21, 2016
James Bond is back and he is alive and well. Any questions about Daniel Craig's worthiness are thrown out almost immediately as we are handed a film filled to the brim with exquisite action and explosive emotion. I squirmed in my seat with delight as I have not done since I was a child. What "Batman Begins" did for that franchise, "Casino Royale" does, and more, for Bond. For a while it seemed that he might not be able to well exist outside the confines of the cold war, but here we are given an entirely modern Bond with enough nods to the original that we can't be too upset. Maybe it's because this is the last novel yet to be filmed in the traditional Bond manner and it is Ian Fleming who has stolen our hearts not this incarnation of the super spy. However I like to think that someone actually just got their act together and concentrated on the film itself as opposed to who they could get the most product placement money out of. Congratulations. James Bond will live on for at least one more generation, and maybe forever. Great set pieces and one of the best chase sequences not involving cars ever put on screen, blended with beautiful locations and even more lovely women add up to the perfect cocktail with the twisting story line acting as the lemon peel in the martini, holding it all together. Many will come out saying that this is the best Bond film ever and I can not rightly say they are wrong at this point. Only time will tell that tale. However every fan can be assured that this ranks amongst the very upper crust of Bond movies, and Craig is no Lazenby. He lends a harsh wit and a thuggish charm to the character and by the end he's no longer the new guy, he is Bond, James Bond. A masterpiece of popular film-making and the movie we have been waiting for all year.
October 8, 2016
A superb entry into the Bond canon. Mikkelsen is superb.
October 3, 2016
Absolutely wonderful. Fully captured the meaning of the book.
September 15, 2016
The only good bond film Daniel Craig managed to do! Although the plot was so well written that Ben Afleck could have pulled it off. This film is by no means a success because of Daniel Craig. The rest of Daniel Craig's so call Bond appearances.... all f_cking dumb!
September 15, 2016
Best bond film. Wonderfully wrote and paced
September 10, 2016
Exciting, action-packed and tense, Casino Royale is not only one of the best James Bond films of all time but it also shows that Daniel Craig is one of the most perfect incarnations of James Bond ever created with a serious tone that's been missing in previous incarnations.
September 7, 2016
Quite possibly the best Bond movie of all time. Casino Royale has a stellar plot, blending thrilling action and intense drama perfectly, add the performance of Daniel Craig as James Bond and you have a classic. This movie perfectly shows how James Bond the man became 007 the MI6 agent, it's one of the highest points in the 007 franchise and one desperately needed after Die Another Day.
September 1, 2016
Casino Royale represents a new shape of James Bond played by Daniel Craig. The story tells us about young and fresh Bond and his first assignments in secret service. Action combined with great stunts and practical effects sets a thrilling tone and gets us an amazing performance from Daniel Craig. Overall this movie successfully delivers an atmosphere of classic Sean Connery Bond with a lot of new elements in it. It has an unrepeatable adventurous feel and brings pleasure when watching.
½ August 24, 2016
Casino Royale is probably the best James Bond movie ever made, a thrilling, suspenseful, fun action movie that shows Bond actually becoming the James Bond we all know, and him methodically fighting Le Chiffre instead of him just telling him he had his six and putting a bullet between his eyes.
August 22, 2016
This is Bond at its absolute peak. Craig has infinite suave and bravado as 007 and the film oozes sensibility and style. It's a work of art and a master of its genre. It's a movie you can watch a hundred times over and never get sick of. Casino Royale has earned its place in my Top 5 Films of All Time.