Casino Royale - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Casino Royale Reviews

April 25, 2016
Daniel Craig nailed the younger, brasher Bond. Very enjoyable.
½ April 23, 2016
Casino Royale isn't just an amazing James Bond movie, its an amazing movie, period. The film is pretty much divided into 3 acts, with each one bringing something new to the table to keep things fresh. In fact, I could separately review each act as a stand-alone movie, and I would give each one a great review. This reboot of the beloved character is a darker spin on the franchise and is definitely deserving of that PG-13 rating. One scene in particular will really make you cringe in pain, especially if you are a man. The movie has great performances by Daniel Craig and proves all the naysayers wrong, because if you look back to a year before this movie came out, people were really skeptical.
In the end, Casino Royale is a movie that is easily regarded as a classic. The direction, cinematography, acting, color grading, all work in harmony to bring a near-perfect movie.
April 12, 2016
One of the best Bond movies ever. The poker scenes could've been done a tad better imho, but everything else in this movie is done perfectly. The movie grips right you right from the start and never seems to let you go. Whether it's the action sequences or the tension filled scenes, the movie flows seamlessly and beautifully.
Can't wait for the next one.
April 9, 2016
The best Bond to date, and that is largely because of the attention given to the source material-Ian Fleming's original novels. Craig's Bond is an assassin; it's not about suave, sexy women and gadgets. This intelligent assassin is on mission for Queen and Country. Le Chifre is a breath of fresh 007 air; gone are the repetitive films chronicling the copycat villains obsessed with overpowered satellites to destroy mankind. Welcome to 21st century, Mr. Bond.
April 4, 2016
Love Daniel Craig as Bond. Great start to the series.
April 1, 2016
Was better than I thought but still not brilliant!
March 27, 2016
A really great intro into Daniel Craig's Bond
March 27, 2016
One of the greatest reboots of all time, Casino Royale successfully introduced daring grit, a brilliant new Bond, and surprising emotion. An absolute success.
½ March 26, 2016
Casino Royale brings James Bond back on the map, and does an incredible job doing so.
March 25, 2016
Not only the best James Bond film but one of the greatest action films of all time. This is an adrenaline rush from beginning to end. Casino Royale manages to make a card game thrilling thanks to a clever script and ace performances by Craig and Mikkelsen.
March 18, 2016
Daniel Craig is the next Sean Connery as Bond. James Bond.
½ March 17, 2016
The beginning o my favorite Bond era
½ March 13, 2016
the greatest bond ever. with great action and verbal sparring. plus an emotional connection that comes alive.
March 1, 2016
The best James Bond movie
February 22, 2016
I went to see this movie with no expectations whats or ever, and it blew me away. This movie proved Craig can make for a great Bond, and gave us a balls to the wall experience, without the corky JB moments and with more intriguing characters.
February 14, 2016
Yes! Bond is back and better than ever! They pretty much ruined Martin Campbell's great start on the bond character so they brought him back to kick start an even better Bond series. This took all the campiness of the earlier installments and got rid of it, no flashy CGI wave riding, no kills followed by one liners, just a super spy who kills who is supposed too, no matter what. Daniel Craig really delivers a strong performance, so goes the rest of cast. I found it weird that Judi Dench returned as M again, is it just Martin Campbell thought only she could do the role or something else? Fan theories! I've talked a lot about the cast and the director, the story is there, like boy is it there. It was incredible suspenseful and the dialogue is intelligent.
February 11, 2016
Though a tad overlong, this bond just as exciting as it is engaging. Most definitely the most intense movie about a card game. Intelligent and action packed, go see it, it's worth every second. My favorite from the Bond franchise due to unique and surprisingly dark tone and a thrilling ride from start to finish. Daniel Craig proves that he belongs in this universe and his Bond is still one of my favorite portrayals to date. Eight years later, there still hasn't been a movie in the franchise that tops this one.
February 10, 2016
The second best of the Bond films behind Skyfall. Craig shows he is head and shoulders above brosnin. Royale has a great plot, actors and pacing. A little long but that's what you get from every 007 movie.
February 8, 2016
Not only this is the Best Bond Movie ever, it is a great movie on its own right. Great Script, acting, action scenes, and music. The characaters are very well developed. and feel like they are real people, with real problems, which is a big plus in a Bond Movie, altough i love bond, some of the movies in this franchise thend to get a little too cartoony. This movie also has The best Bond villain ever (La Chiffre), The best Bond girl ever (vesper Lynd), and probabbly the Best M ever... Great flick.
Null
February 7, 2016
Daniel Craig's debut as 007 which he knocked out of the park. A very grounded, smart, realistic James Bond film. Casino Royale is debatably for most fans the best Bond film and I can honestly view this film as a movie of its own to be honest. Daniel Craig is the best bond since Sean Connery.