Casino Royale - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Casino Royale Reviews

½ October 4, 2017
A movie about playing poker...
jamrcla
October 3, 2017
James Bond needed a reboot after most of the older entries got so silly it wasn't even fun anymore and the plot never changed, But this stunning film is brilliantly done by Daniel Craig who plays Bond perfectly, Some very good and brutal action scenes, And the best opening scene in a Bond film ever, It was nice to see that the gadgets are all but gone which made other Bond films silly, Bond doesn't have silly one liners he's just a heartless killer with a don't give a shit attitude just what Bond should be, It has to be the perfect Bond film, Very clever and the plot was very good if you can keep up with all the twists and turns, I hope Daniel Craig plays Bond for a long long time.
September 29, 2017
finally an action bond flick that has its twists and turns
September 25, 2017
Rating: 77%
It pales in comparison to Bourne and M:I, but Casino Royale still gets out immensely entertaining action, a gritty story, and a refreshing take on James Bond thanks to Daniel Craig.
September 23, 2017
Incredible action sequences and an interesting plot help drive this movie but the truly unique aspect of the film is the humanization of Bond and his counterpart Le Chiffre bringing two characters down to earth to create an immersive action thriller.
September 23, 2017
Not only the best bond movie ever made, 'Casino Royale' is one of the best action movies ever made and one of my personal top 5 favorite films. Absolutely a must watch, subverts bond cliches at every turn, and features the ONLY strong bond female character in the history of the series. Daniel Craig is goat
September 21, 2017
One of and probably the second best Bond film, Casino Royale is also one of the best movie origin stories ever told. Brought down only by its 2.5-hour run time, the film successfully introduces Daniel Craig's Bond, and Craig delivers one of his best performances. The supporting cast are all at the top of their game, and Mads Mikkelson is perfect as the villainous Le Chiffre. The script is very well-written, the action is fun and intense, the opening credits sequence is very underrated, and the film as a whole is simply fantastic.
September 8, 2017
awesome and great movie of the james bond franchise.
September 4, 2017
top 3 in the series. a fantastic character piece of one the most iconic action heroes in film. great characters, action and story. 10/10
September 2, 2017
Great bond movie, thoroughly enjoyed DC in the role.
August 28, 2017
My favorite James Bond movie and has a great theme to it! I love poker and that's one of the main things I like about it! Daniel Craig does a great job with the role as James Bond and Mads Mikkelson does great as Le Chiffre. If you like James Bond and/or poker you need to watch this!
August 15, 2017
Maintains a lot of what is expected in Bond films, but takes away the cheesiness and outrageousness. It should be the new archetype of remakes/reboots.
August 15, 2017
The James Bond reboots kick off here with Casino Royale. I'm not going to lie when I say this is one of the best Bond films ever made, probably on the top three podium. Casino Royale is not only good as a Bond film, but as an independent spy film in its own right; it's a delightfully dark twist on the Brosnan age gimmicks, grounding this new Bond in reality, with Daniel Craig assisting in a striking performance of the 00 agent. The film takes a riveting pace, with captivating action sequences around every corner and a script so quick if you blink you won't know what's going on. The supporting cast is also largely good as well, with Eva Green Bond-girling wonderfully as Vesper, providing more depth and sincerity than one might expect and Judi Dench continuing to play M with delightful coldness. Bond's adversary Le Chiffre, played by Mads Mikkelsen leaves a lot to the imagination, settling as a sub-standard villain in an above-standard film. The film also suffers from being overlong, with a slightly lengthy build-up, that results in, despite effective writing and direction, a lingering pace issue towards the end of the film. Far too long was spent in that sanatorium that's my point. Largely, however, Casino Royale is a fantastic thriller, devoid of that irritating glamour so captured by previous Bonds, and grounding the character in a scarily familiar reality, that provides for surely one of the best Bond films of all time.
August 9, 2017
Not only my favourite bond film of all time, it's my favourite film of all time. I love this film!
August 6, 2017
I thought that the movie was great we watched it at camp and all I wanted to do is watch the rest
July 31, 2017
The best James Bond film.
July 30, 2017
D. Craig des his own stunts which i think is cool.
½ July 14, 2017
A fresh new take on Bond that still retains the same fun tone of the best in the series, Casino Royales presents the best Bond since Sean Connery, a classic villain, and incredible scenes of tension and action on and off the poker table, making this one of the very best that the series has to offer.
½ July 13, 2017
This is to the first part to the Jame bound reboot series. It a great movie. Quantum of solace is better. This movie has a great story line. And great acting. It also has great special effects.
July 2, 2017
Ditching the cheesy script and action from earlier entries, Casino Royale shows us the darker side of 007.