Casino Royale - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Casino Royale Reviews

Null
February 7, 2016
Daniel Craig's debut as 007 which he knocked out of the park. A very grounded, smart, realistic James Bond film. Casino Royale is debatably for most fans the best Bond film and I can honestly view this film as a movie of its own to be honest. Daniel Craig is the best bond since Sean Connery.
½ February 6, 2016
My full opinion: 3.5/4
February 5, 2016
This is most likely the best Bond movie, due to the fact that it has some of the best action scenes of all time, David Arnold's best Bond score, terrific acting from Daniel Craig, Mads Mikkelsen, Jeffery Wright, Judi Dench and Eva Green, and a vulnerable hero and villain.
½ January 30, 2016
,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,¢,,,,,¦,,,¢,,,,¦,,¢,,,¦,,¢,,¦¢,¦â¦i
January 25, 2016
One of the best action movie of all time
½ January 24, 2016
Intense and studded with amazing action sequences, Casino Royale is truly fantastic for both casual moviegoers and fans of the franchise.

Full Review: With all the CG going about, it was clear James Bond would need to have a revamp of action - and Casino Royale does just that. Of course the plot has holes and it doesn't have the greatest development, but the movie clearly has a focus on action. Between hanging on to construction cranes and exploding cars the action is over the top but immensely engaging and entertaining. The narrative follows a straightforward continuity that allows for raw, intense action.
January 23, 2016
really great not a bad bond film.
January 17, 2016
"Darker than most of its predecessors however extremely well directed and has a new take on the Bond franchise also with a great performance by Daniel Craig."
January 17, 2016
Excellent. This is one of my favourite Bond movies - a breath of fresh air into the franchise. I only wished the other ones after this one were as good.
½ January 13, 2016
a huge, somewhat overwhelming difference from Die another day, but so should any new rendition of Bond. The film is well made, and Craig gives us a new dark edge, much like Timothy Dalton beforehand in the series. However this film is overrated, Craig has no charm or wit and apart from a few scenes of pocket action their is little to no action save a casino game... Bond, although a 'newbie' in this reboot is as much of a sharphooting Bond as mr magoo. Some things are also unrealistic in this so called 'completley realistic' film. Too much correlation to the Bourne franchise
½ January 13, 2016
Best Bond movie ever!
January 11, 2016
A very solid James Bond movie. Great action and good villain. Fast paced and fun.
January 8, 2016
The Bond we deserve. Casino Royale opts for less frequent mindless action scenes in favour of more intimate, personal affairs, which ultimately places it higher than most of 007's enterprises.
January 3, 2016
Bond's best movie. Great action that wasn't dumb and over the top, characters that seemed real and the greatest Bond-girl to this day. Eva Green as Vesper stole the show. Le Chiffre is one of the greatest Bond-Villians of all time and the scar on his eye dosnt cover his whole face and have blood every where. (looking at you, Spectre!) It's everything I wanted and more.
½ January 3, 2016
First Bond film. Found Craig totally unlikable at first, but he (and the film overall) grew on me...
½ January 3, 2016
What a way to bring Bond back after the diabolical film that was Die Another Day. Bond is gritty, intense but still had that swagger that makes the character. Some fantastic action scenes early on especially a 10 minute parkour chase. The great thing about this film is that the best bits are the slower casino set scenes as the tension is built. My only criticism would be that at the beginning and end there are parts that feel that the film would be better without them (airport and country club scene), apart from this though it is definitely worth multiple viewings!
December 28, 2015
Bond for the modern era, a masterpiece
December 27, 2015
Seen this movie trillions of times!
½ December 27, 2015
James Bond: Casino Royale directed by Martin Campbell, is the perfect mix of action, sexy and story making this bond the best one yet. Daniel Craig gives a stunning performance.. Straight Flush ;)
December 25, 2015
didn't care for the story much but typical beautiful bond scenery, including a nude daniel craig.