Casino Royale - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Casino Royale Reviews

September 21, 2017
One of and probably the second best Bond film, Casino Royale is also one of the best movie origin stories ever told. Brought down only by its 2.5-hour run time, the film successfully introduces Daniel Craig's Bond, and Craig delivers one of his best performances. The supporting cast are all at the top of their game, and Mads Mikkelson is perfect as the villainous Le Chiffre. The script is very well-written, the action is fun and intense, the opening credits sequence is very underrated, and the film as a whole is simply fantastic.
September 8, 2017
awesome and great movie of the james bond franchise.
September 4, 2017
top 3 in the series. a fantastic character piece of one the most iconic action heroes in film. great characters, action and story. 10/10
September 2, 2017
Great bond movie, thoroughly enjoyed DC in the role.
August 28, 2017
My favorite James Bond movie and has a great theme to it! I love poker and that's one of the main things I like about it! Daniel Craig does a great job with the role as James Bond and Mads Mikkelson does great as Le Chiffre. If you like James Bond and/or poker you need to watch this!
August 15, 2017
Maintains a lot of what is expected in Bond films, but takes away the cheesiness and outrageousness. It should be the new archetype of remakes/reboots.
August 15, 2017
The James Bond reboots kick off here with Casino Royale. I'm not going to lie when I say this is one of the best Bond films ever made, probably on the top three podium. Casino Royale is not only good as a Bond film, but as an independent spy film in its own right; it's a delightfully dark twist on the Brosnan age gimmicks, grounding this new Bond in reality, with Daniel Craig assisting in a striking performance of the 00 agent. The film takes a riveting pace, with captivating action sequences around every corner and a script so quick if you blink you won't know what's going on. The supporting cast is also largely good as well, with Eva Green Bond-girling wonderfully as Vesper, providing more depth and sincerity than one might expect and Judi Dench continuing to play M with delightful coldness. Bond's adversary Le Chiffre, played by Mads Mikkelsen leaves a lot to the imagination, settling as a sub-standard villain in an above-standard film. The film also suffers from being overlong, with a slightly lengthy build-up, that results in, despite effective writing and direction, a lingering pace issue towards the end of the film. Far too long was spent in that sanatorium that's my point. Largely, however, Casino Royale is a fantastic thriller, devoid of that irritating glamour so captured by previous Bonds, and grounding the character in a scarily familiar reality, that provides for surely one of the best Bond films of all time.
August 9, 2017
Not only my favourite bond film of all time, it's my favourite film of all time. I love this film!
August 6, 2017
I thought that the movie was great we watched it at camp and all I wanted to do is watch the rest
July 31, 2017
The best James Bond film.
July 30, 2017
D. Craig des his own stunts which i think is cool.
½ July 14, 2017
A fresh new take on Bond that still retains the same fun tone of the best in the series, Casino Royales presents the best Bond since Sean Connery, a classic villain, and incredible scenes of tension and action on and off the poker table, making this one of the very best that the series has to offer.
½ July 13, 2017
This is to the first part to the Jame bound reboot series. It a great movie. Quantum of solace is better. This movie has a great story line. And great acting. It also has great special effects.
July 2, 2017
Ditching the cheesy script and action from earlier entries, Casino Royale shows us the darker side of 007.
½ June 26, 2017
Daniel Craig is terrific as Bond. This movie has excellent action scenes, a great plot, great villain and bond girl.

9.4/10
June 25, 2017
The only good bond film Daniel Craig managed to do well! Although the plot was so well written that Ben Afleck could have pulled it off. This film is by no means a success because of Daniel Craig though. The rest of Daniel Craig's so call Bond appearances are all CRAP!!!!
June 25, 2017
Best reboot for a film series ever. Starring a blonde Bond Daniel Craig it is more gritty then ever. Containing Strong Violence, Sex references and Language and a Cringy scene containing bond being tortured. this should be rated a 15

Cast

M: Judi Dench
Rene Mathis:Giancarlo Gianninia
Mr White: Jesper Christian
June 24, 2017
The best 007 movie since Sean Connery.
June 20, 2017
So much pleasure around it's hard to fatham they are fighting!
June 18, 2017
Dark and realistic, Casino Royale excellently embodies a more mature tone. With none of the goofy gadget elements, Daniel Craig's portrayal is more rustic and authentic, showing a Bond who is more human than any other.