Casper: A Spirited Beginning - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Casper: A Spirited Beginning Reviews

February 15, 2015
Absolutely cringeworthy. Oh god Steve Guttenberg, how could you.
½ October 15, 2014
I thought it would be better than the first. Stupid, I would rather watch a ernest movie than this. I like the tv show better. I hope casper meets Wendy is better. Terrible.
September 6, 2014
Worse in every respect. Bad effects acting and plot just dumb
May 31, 2014
Good prequel is fun for all ages! Ages 6+
May 5, 2014
Rodney Dangerfield and Jesse's girlfriend from Full House alongside Casper - sounds good...
November 11, 2013
I think this deserves to go down the shredder.
September 14, 2013
Le falta la profundidad y el aire frío que tanto caracterizaba a su ¿secuela? y que la hacían especial. Una lástima.
March 31, 2013
Me encanta la Pelicula
½ February 28, 2013
An abysmal prequel to a really bad movie.
January 22, 2013
More kid friendly, but also very dumbed down from the original.
January 11, 2013
I remember watching this as a child and probably this was my favorite (caster) Casper film. Although I'm too old for this film now, it will forever remain a guilty pleasure, which if it happens to be on TV I would watch it.
½ November 4, 2012
A predictable but cute prequel to 'Casper' (1995) that will satisfy its young audience.
½ October 10, 2012
Oh boy. Oh boy, is the child in me grounded for a month. Here's goes: I used to like this trash as a child.................................................yeah. Decided to take the memory lane trip. Realized how horrid it was.

The first movie had great CGI and it still looks amazing. The CG in this is poor. This film looks like a kid with aftereffects did it. What do you expect from a direct to video film.

The editing is sped up and lazy. Just watching the slapstick just makes my brain bleed. It's like it was made for kids with ADHD.

It has the typical kids becomes friends with inhuman creature plot, the typical school bully villain, and it just your lazy 90's kids film.

To let you know how bad this film is, here's the plot in a nutshell: We have a mansion that needs to be knocked down for no reason, other people are protesting, Steve Guttenberg's character hires a demolition expert to blow up the house, the bullies put Chris inside and lock him up, the father discovers this and tries to get the demolition expert to stop, but he wants to destroy the house with the boy inside anyway......... yep, the demolition expert wants to blow up the house even with a boy stuck inside. Either the writers have forgetting to make the demolition expert care or he's just a horrible person similar to Mr Blonde in Reservoir Dogs.

The whole battle between Steven Guttenberg's character between Chris's teacher is muddled up and confused. She's suppose to be a friend to Chris but slags off his father in front of him. What a nice lady!

It throws all logic of ghosts out the window as the finale involves Casper eating the dynamite and it explodes inside him. Yes, he ate it and it didn't go through him. Remember in first film where the ghosts were eating the cakes and they were going through them? Did the makers of this film forget to watch the first film. Oh, yeah. There's bit where Casper sits on a rusty spring and it hurts him...............................................................HOW CAN A SPRING HURT A GHOST? You might as well shoot the ghosts and they will feel pain.

This film is downright horrible. This film is best laid to rest.
½ October 6, 2012
it should have been a part 2
½ August 26, 2012
If i'm right, I remember seeing this on Cartoonnetwork. It was ok.
June 14, 2012
cool movie liked it when i was a kid
April 15, 2012
The original Casper was good enough - no need for a sequel!
March 31, 2012
ya it wasn't that great
½ March 26, 2012
tehee ill admit yes ive seen it.