Casual Sex? - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Casual Sex? Reviews

½ June 11, 2016
Dull and not very funny 80s sex comedy. I'd actually never seen this film before because I remember hearing how terrible it was, so I never did bother to check it out back in my video store clerk days. I probably should have stood by the prior decision. The film does get credit for being an 80s sex comedy that has female leads, Lea Thompson and Victoria Jackson, chasing the opposite sex, instead of the usual male leads chasing after the opposite sex. However, it really doesn't really use that in any sort of way that makes the humor unique or especially interesting (as compared to say the more recent HBO series "Girls"). I do like Lea Thompson and that did help the film, though I've never really cared for Victoria Jackson and her more recent turn as a Tea Party birther has made her all the more grating. The film does have other familiar 80s faces including Andrew Dice Clay, Mary Gross, Bruce Abbott, and Steve Oedekerk, but this film really doesn't have much entertainment value to speak of.
April 15, 2015
Here is a good rule to live by.....stay away from any movie staring Victoria Jackson.
April 12, 2014
Not great but not terrible, Andrew Dice Clay was pretty awesome in it.
February 28, 2014
A surprising good move, considering the title. I saw it before I had ever heard of Andrew Dice Clay. Every time he is on the screen the film is great. Whenever he is not on the screen the film is good. I predicted he would be huge. I was half right.
½ January 18, 2014
They tried something new, and it almost worked but ultimately fell short. I had to see it after meeting Victoria Jackson.
½ May 31, 2013
Ok 80s sex comedy from female perspective. Andrew dice c
lay is actually kind of funny in it.
½ March 20, 2013
A very cheesy, dated 1980's Sex Rom Com that lacks substance. It's an easy watch but it's pretty ordinary.

The only decent actor in the whole production is Lea Thompson and the rest tend to get irritating.

Basically the story of 2 sexually frustrated women trying get the right guy, it's a useless film really that's just cheap entertainment it's no Mona Lisa Smile. Nothing horrible but nothing great either....
½ January 4, 2013
Worst movie I've ever seen.
½ December 31, 2012
Who knew Mr. Clay could play awkwardly charming?
September 24, 2012
Saw this when I was a kid back in the 1980s
July 23, 2012
I'm so cheesy! I think It's really funny!
April 29, 2012
"Women are stupid" the movie. Andrew Dice Clay is mediocrely funny. bad.
March 25, 2012
so what there's yours!
January 5, 2012
Well, it was a movie to promote in some way the raising star of Lea Thompson. I think its a soft movie to enjoy easy. Do not expect high comedy, but is enough to get some laughs.
April 24, 2011
Adapted from a play, we meet Stacy (Lea Thompson) and Melissa (Victoria Jackson) on the dark backdrop of a theater stage. These two sensible women lead us through their sexual histories before embarking on the matter at hand - they need to avoid any more casual sex in an age when it's become dangerous due to a barely mentioned fear, HIV. So they head down to a health resort to meet healthy guys and always use condoms. Stacy has her eye on a trainer named Nick, while Melissa's got a crush on resort employee Jamie. Meanwhile, their fellow guest Vinnie (Andrew Dice Clay) makes his best New Jersey attempt at Stacy, and a self-centered psychologist decides to utilize Melissa. When Melissa decides to bail and heads for the bus station, Stacy takes Nick back to L.A with her to meet her. But Jamie rescues Melissa from the bus station, and Stacy ends up realizing life outside the resort with Nick is not la vie en rose. Armed with a grand pink cadillac, Stacy rushes back to the resort and meets a newly sensitive Vinnie, and ends up giving him a lift back prior to getting rid of Nick. Who would've guessed they'd both find their soulmates at a health spa?
Born into the AIDS scare era in 1988, this film has little left to recommend it. Several scenes actually play like a public service announcement, and it's a shame that these two comediennes have to be toned-down in order to promote the film's blaring message. The 80s strike back in their full glory of hair-dos, clothes, and music, and the story is so contrived as to be uninteresting. And doesn't it strike anyone as odd that the employees keep hitting on these women?
Overall, an outdated, predictable and downright laughable film about two women abandoning casual sex for true love that fails to rise above being a filmed version of a mediocre stage play.
April 13, 2011
I still love this little movie after all these years. an underated gem!
March 21, 2011
It was so bad it was funny!
½ February 26, 2011
ok but forgettable 80`s sex comedy for chicks.
February 17, 2011
Another young adult sex comedy with no surprises, but good actors. It's not too bad, but it isn't good either.
December 19, 2010
Loved this 80's comedy that starred Lea Thompson and Victoria Jackson. Cute movie and it had some really funny parts in it but also some serious ones as well. Loved Andrew Dice Clay's role in this. He does his norm but it totally works in this movie!!! Good movie to watch woth your significant other!!!