Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat Reviews

½ July 25, 2016
The Cat In the Hat should have been called The Cat In This Bad Dr. Suess Movie, The Cat In The Hat is a bunch of fucking Godzilla Shit.
The Mark on the cover says Enormously funny, It's Not!
It's Enormously Silly! In A Bad Way!

Score: 0/10
½ July 25, 2016
CGI was ugly. Cat looked creepy. Kids are twats. Random Paris Hilton cameo. Myers clearly doesn't know how to do kid humor.
July 24, 2016
I know this movie got really bad reviews, but when I first saw this as a kid, I thought it was funny. I still think the movie is okay, but I didn't like how they changed Sally's brother into the Conrad character. Of course, the worst part of this movie by far is Alec Baldwin's portrayal as a broke, overweight, gold-digging slob. But Mike Myers is a funny man, and I enjoyed his hilarious performance in that movie, if no one else's.
July 22, 2016
I want to forget this movie! There is nothing to like about this one! They shouldn't have even made this in the first place! Where is your humanity, filmmakers? Why can't you just leave Dr. Seuss alone? Not only did you you ruin most of our childhoods, but you managed to make one of the worst book to movie adaptations ever! Thanks for making Dr. Seuss rollover in his grave!
July 18, 2016
Good loud? This movie. Enormously Funny? Its scary with bad acting. I like Mike Myers but in this movie no. It's a corporate movie just to sell toys and not be anything else. Sad that I went to the movie theaters to watch this sad excuse
for a Dr. Seuss Movie.
July 11, 2016
This movie prevented live-action Dr. Seuss movies being made ever again. If that doesn't earn a rotten rating, I don't know what does.
July 10, 2016
The only problem this movie had was that for a film adaptation that's supposed to be for kids, the target audience was nowhere near Ages 6+. I, for one, think this is hilarious and just can not bash this without lying.
½ July 2, 2016
This movie is nothing but dogshit
½ July 1, 2016
Terrible film, 2nd worst film i have ever seen.
½ June 19, 2016
A film that spits on the beloved children's book.
½ May 31, 2016
Definitely a big guilty pleasure of mine.
½ May 29, 2016
Oh lordy, my shits can make better films than this, the fact that this film exists is fucking tragic.
I loved the Dr Seuss books when I was a kid, this film was like saying "you're an adult now, life will be as shit as this for now on".
This must be why Mike Myers is in sod all these days, he just tries too hard to be funny, playing a character that is nothing like the Cat in the books. He should stick to doing the Shrek stuff.
Only one thing worse than leaving Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris and Gary Glitter in a room with your child, is leaving him/her with this shite playing on the tv at the same time.
This film is literally a torture device, I remember having a friend that liked this film and wanted to watch it every time he came round.
May 28, 2016
Good visuals and sense of sentiment, but the fact that it not only uses The Cat In The Hat, but leans back on potty humor to do it make this film a mess.
May 28, 2016
It makes laught and that´s the important thing.
½ May 24, 2016
A very horrible, stupid, and unfunny movie based on the infamous book. Please avoid it.
May 12, 2016
i love this movie and the book
April 30, 2016
i like this its so funny
April 29, 2016
0 out of 10!!! One of the worst films in motion picture history.
April 11, 2016
Not even in a million years making a live action movie out of an educational childrens book could be a decent idea
½ April 9, 2016
I don't know why people hate this. It's energetic, fast paced, and colorful enough for the kids, and funny enough for adults! I loved this as a kid, and me and my friends watched it again as a joke expecting something so awful it would make us laugh. There were 3 of us, and we all loved it, and we all said we'd show it to our kids! Mike Myers also gives a great performance!