Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat Reviews

½ December 21, 2016
The story is a complete bastardization of the original Dr. Seuss classic, the acting is horrendous, the humor is extremely childish and unfunny, and the costume work on the main character is the stuff of nightmares. Worst Dr. Seuss movie ever!
½ December 17, 2016
oh, lord ! save me from this satanic pile of kitty litter
½ December 17, 2016
Clever movie, I cannot believe the low rating! Sad, because I trusted Rotten Tomatoes.
December 14, 2016
Where do I begin...firstly? I definitely lost some brain cells watching this, and would it be a stretch to say that watching The Cat in the Hat on loop would be a perfect torture device? This was bad. Really, really, really bad. Sure, the colorful world building is nice to look at, but my credit ends there. Not a single, genuinely funny moment is in this heap, instead its random, in-your-face, dead obvious humor, the acting is annoying, the dialogue is horrendous, and I'm convinced whoever wrote the screenplay was on acid while doing so. What a waste of its talented cast.
November 30, 2016
"Enormously Unfunny!"
November 26, 2016
This movie is not visually pleasing and the characters fall flat.
November 8, 2016
An uninspired, unfunny and unpleasant adaptation of a beloved children's book.
October 14, 2016
The cat in the hat is a funny movie and good characters I like the enemy witch would be Lawrence. Lawrence made a good Bad guy. And he was my favorite in this movie. This movie is funny. It makes a good Comedy and good singing and dancing. How ever there was rude humor that was inappropriate but funny at the same time. This movie is Rated PG

Alec Baldwin played Lawrence
October 10, 2016
So weird,strange it good
½ October 9, 2016
This movie is gross and unfunny.
September 21, 2016
This absolute abortion of comedic decency makes Ron Howard's / Jim Carrey's "Grinch" look like a subtle family masterpiece. If Seuss was still alive, he'd put this horny, deranged, annoying cat down.
September 13, 2016
Oh my god! He is the evil-looking cat!
½ August 15, 2016
Not even worth 1 star. A piece of shit film. The only thing is good is Mike Myers and Alec Baldwin's performance.

August 5, 2016
This movie is a piece. I hated this film a few years after I liked it. Yeah, I used to like this film, and every time I did I would always read the book, and every time I read the book, I the more I realized that this film is complete garbage. The writing is horrible, the acting is emotionless, and it is a complete insult to Dr. Seuss. How can you turn an innocent children's story into a disgusting, offensive, dirty, hateful disaster? Having read the book as a child and loving it, I absolutely despise this movie. It shouldn't even have Dr. Seuss's name in the title. So many nasty and inappropriate jokes. Such underdeveloped characters. Mike Myers is a good actor, but this is his absolute worst performance. The Cat himself is
freaky-looking and annoying as crud. The Things look scary too. The moral of the source material is that it's okay to break the rules a little as long as it doesn't go too far. How many times do you see that in the media? Here they just exploited it like crazy. I know that children can act great. Look at Haley Joel Osment in the Sixth Sense. They just need proper direction, and clearly Dakota Fanning and Spencer Breslin didn't receive that. Their characters are so uninteresting and bland. The product design is nice, but it's clear that directors and writers didn't respect Seuss's work.
½ July 27, 2016
I'd rather be tortured than watch this movie. I'm dead serious.
½ July 25, 2016
The Cat In the Hat should have been called The Cat In This Bad Dr. Suess Movie, The Cat In The Hat is a bunch of fucking Godzilla Shit.
The Mark on the cover says Enormously funny, It's Not!
It's Enormously Silly! In A Bad Way!

Score: 0/10
½ July 25, 2016
CGI was ugly. Cat looked creepy. Kids are twats. Random Paris Hilton cameo. Myers clearly doesn't know how to do kid humor.
July 24, 2016
I know this movie got really bad reviews, but when I first saw this as a kid, I thought it was funny. I still think the movie is okay, but I didn't like how they changed Sally's brother into the Conrad character. Of course, the worst part of this movie by far is Alec Baldwin's portrayal as a broke, overweight, gold-digging slob. But Mike Myers is a funny man, and I enjoyed his hilarious performance in that movie, if no one else's.