Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat Reviews

March 20, 2018
lame story line,more stupid than funny.one of the worst kids movies ive seen
March 19, 2018
My 2 Year old sister watches this crap and i don't think she should! This movie is way worse than The Grinch. It's Crude, Trashy, & Unfunny.
½ March 14, 2018
It is a terrible movie with little to no inspiration and most of the acters looked like they where held at gun point throught the entire move
March 2, 2018
My god, I can not tell you how much i despise this film. Its not just my least favorite Dr. Suess movie, it is probably my least favorite movie. period!. It is a shamefully corporate sellout that is remarkably cynical, unfocused, and painful. Mike Myers can be really funny, but he hasn't cracked me up once here. Bo Welch, your a great production designer but what were you doing when directing this movie man?!
Not only are the costumes, and the cgi crap, the "humor" is unfunny, the acting is %hitty, but theres forced morals, unnecessary adult jokes and un-needed pop culture references. It's just a pain.
February 18, 2018
February 11, 2018
One of the greatest cinematic experiences ever.
January 24, 2018
You're honestly gonna give the Kwan a 30% rating ??
January 17, 2018
½ January 13, 2018
Now, do you remember when you read the book? Your eyes filled with wonder, your brain all ashook? Well if you enjoyed that, you won't like that movie, nothing makes sense and the plot is all kooky. With little to no laughs and potty humor galore, this movie is awful, and I will say no more.
January 1, 2018
Wow! we need more movies like this! Dirty hoe, but I love you.
½ December 27, 2017
My little brother liked the movie when he was little! I personally hate this movie it's not as bad as the live action grinch . But still HATE it! I Wish they Would Stop Doing Dr Suess Movies Cause They Always Suck! They Ruin The Books In My Opion
½ November 28, 2017
A visually stunning movie, like a Gourmet cupcake that is 90% generic icing with a immoral, swampy nasty, obnoxious center, that starts to rot your teeth and your mind on contact. No stars.
½ November 21, 2017
this is just pure grabage not much more i can say and i cant give it 0 stars so i gave it half a star
November 20, 2017
best movie i've ever seen. OH YEAHH
November 20, 2017
This is the beat thing I've ever witnessed. A cinematic masterpiece.
½ October 21, 2017
I actually liked this flick as a kid and still do to this day, even with all the penis innuendos and weird sub-plots
October 10, 2017
The cat in hat is worst movie ever go watch my life as teenage robot or early nickelodeon cartoons this movie ditched to book and put aduit humor in this movie this movie gets a 10 rating on rotten tomatoes
October 8, 2017
wow no wonder why Mike Myers is being The Cat in the Hat in this movie did I watch this movie? Yes This live action/kids and family film based on Dr. Seuss book got Fired and Failed too but its was fun, and won't work for Dr. Seuss fans
October 8, 2017
It's a box office hit, but its movie falls flat
½ October 7, 2017
There are two ways in which this film adaptation of a classic Dr. Seuss book can be seen. As a film adaptation that strays VERY far from the book or instead, as a parody of its source material. Whilst I see it as the latter, I gave it 1 and a half stars anyway because this movie wasn't meant to be a parody. Had they officially claimed it spoofed the Dr. Seuss book, the movie would've garnered positive reviews. But, sadly, we're stuck with this adaptation that was hated by so many, Seuss' widow forbid Hollywood from ever making another live-action Dr. Seuss movie. The visuals are nice, I laughed a few times and the there is a nice light-hearted score at the beginning during its Seussian opening logos. However, since the movie is full of adult humour, it makes this movie inappropriate for children. Mike Myers' makeup as the titular character makes him look scary: either a pedophile or a poor man's Pennywise. And then, there are the Things. Since the filmmakers attempted to make them look like their book counterparts, they come off as hideous. Just because adult jokes in a kids' movie worked with Myers' previous movie Shrek, doesn't mean it's gonna apply to this one as well. It's a miracle that the careers of nearly all the actors in this movie survived. I'd conclude this review with a Seussian rhyme, which the movie does in an attempt to distract from its own disrespect towards the source material, but I'm terrible at rhyming so I'll just advise you to stick with the Grinch instead. At least the makeup was meant to look terrifying.