Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat Reviews

½ October 21, 2017
I actually liked this flick as a kid and still do to this day, even with all the penis innuendos and weird sub-plots
October 10, 2017
The cat in hat is worst movie ever go watch my life as teenage robot or early nickelodeon cartoons this movie ditched to book and put aduit humor in this movie this movie gets a 10 rating on rotten tomatoes
October 8, 2017
wow no wonder why Mike Myers is being The Cat in the Hat in this movie did I watch this movie? Yes This live action/kids and family film based on Dr. Seuss book got Fired and Failed too but its was fun, and won't work for Dr. Seuss fans
October 8, 2017
It's a box office hit, but its movie falls flat
½ October 7, 2017
There are two ways in which this film adaptation of a classic Dr. Seuss book can be seen. As a film adaptation that strays VERY far from the book or instead, as a parody of its source material. Whilst I see it as the latter, I gave it 1 and a half stars anyway because this movie wasn't meant to be a parody. Had they officially claimed it spoofed the Dr. Seuss book, the movie would've garnered positive reviews. But, sadly, we're stuck with this adaptation that was hated by so many, Seuss' widow forbid Hollywood from ever making another live-action Dr. Seuss movie. The visuals are nice, I laughed a few times and the there is a nice light-hearted score at the beginning during its Seussian opening logos. However, since the movie is full of adult humour, it makes this movie inappropriate for children. Mike Myers' makeup as the titular character makes him look scary: either a pedophile or a poor man's Pennywise. And then, there are the Things. Since the filmmakers attempted to make them look like their book counterparts, they come off as hideous. Just because adult jokes in a kids' movie worked with Myers' previous movie Shrek, doesn't mean it's gonna apply to this one as well. It's a miracle that the careers of nearly all the actors in this movie survived. I'd conclude this review with a Seussian rhyme, which the movie does in an attempt to distract from its own disrespect towards the source material, but I'm terrible at rhyming so I'll just advise you to stick with the Grinch instead. At least the makeup was meant to look terrifying.
½ October 7, 2017
This movie is awesome and funny!
October 6, 2017
Really enjoy watching it with family.
September 23, 2017
amazing still a classic
September 4, 2017
How come people are not for this movie I mean come on it's funny and it has my favorite actor Alec Baldwin I found him to be funny. But you know there was a adult humor
½ August 23, 2017
The art direction looks pretty good. the rest of the movie sucks.
August 22, 2017
I mean maybe the story isn't the best but the comedy is amazing
August 17, 2017
I'm a fan of this movie and it's a silly movie my favorite character in the movie is Cat and Lawrence, I thought Lawrence was sarcastic and funny he made a good Bad guy or at least he was acting like one Alec Baldwin played Lawrence! There was adult humor in this movie hay I could watch this movie all day! Why do people not like this movie! Why! The cast was great so hay I don't see anything wrong with Cat in the hat!!

Hear is are good Cast from the movie

Mike Myers played Cat
Spencer Breslin played Conrad
Dakota Fanning played Sally
Alec Baldwin played Lawrence
Kelly Preston played Mom

Ok like I said there was adult humor how ever this movie is PG and I think it's OK for kids to enjoy!!!
August 13, 2017
The Cat in The Hat is definitely one of the funniest movies I've ever seen in my entire life whatsoever. You people need to stop criticizing a movie based on its MPAA rating!!
½ July 27, 2017
Dr.Seuss Cat in the Hat is absolutely ruined. Dr.Seuss book "The Cat in the Hat" never included Gross humor and Austin Powers. But in Bo Welch's mind, he remembered it having all these qualities. Yes, Austin Powers is funny but not in a children's film.
½ July 17, 2017
This film gave me cancer
½ June 8, 2017
Not that bad, but still much too creepy and meh at best to be considered any better than just okay.
½ June 2, 2017
This movie was one of my favorites as a kid, but looking back at it, now it looks terrible.
The creepy CGI effects did not age well at all. Mike Myers, while well meaning, does a terrible job as "the cat". All of the other actors are like wooden boards, except for the real estate CEO, who was so over the top it was pretty funny. Unfortunately, he wasn't enough to save the movie.
½ June 1, 2017
Not as entertaining or kid-friendly as it wants to be.
May 27, 2017
This is below The Burning Medallion Of Badness, this is below 0 stars.
This is literally the core in the movie underground.
This film is so bad that it nearly made me stop reading the book and i love the book.
I didn't, i don't and i won't love this.
Let's just get this over with.
Story:1|10
Visuals:2|10
Characters:2|10
Overall:1.2|1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000(10 wasn't enough at all.).
½ May 24, 2017
There are LITERALLY ZERO redeeming qualities about this film. From the miscast of Mike Myers as the Cat to the bad dialogue to the non existent plot, I am angry I wasted my time with this piece of sh*t.