Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat Reviews

September 4, 2017
How come people are not for this movie I mean come on it's funny and it has my favorite actor Alec Baldwin I found him to be funny. But you know there was a adult humor
½ August 23, 2017
The art direction looks pretty good. the rest of the movie sucks.
August 22, 2017
I mean maybe the story isn't the best but the comedy is amazing
August 17, 2017
I'm a fan of this movie and it's a silly movie my favorite character in the movie is Cat and Lawrence, I thought Lawrence was sarcastic and funny he made a good Bad guy or at least he was acting like one Alec Baldwin played Lawrence! There was adult humor in this movie hay I could watch this movie all day! Why do people not like this movie! Why! The cast was great so hay I don't see anything wrong with Cat in the hat!!

Hear is are good Cast from the movie

Mike Myers played Cat
Spencer Breslin played Conrad
Dakota Fanning played Sally
Alec Baldwin played Lawrence
Kelly Preston played Mom

Ok like I said there was adult humor how ever this movie is PG and I think it's OK for kids to enjoy!!!
August 13, 2017
The Cat in The Hat is definitely one of the funniest movies I've ever seen in my entire life whatsoever. You people need to stop criticizing a movie based on its MPAA rating!!
½ July 27, 2017
Dr.Seuss Cat in the Hat is absolutely ruined. Dr.Seuss book "The Cat in the Hat" never included Gross humor and Austin Powers. But in Bo Welch's mind, he remembered it having all these qualities. Yes, Austin Powers is funny but not in a children's film.
½ July 17, 2017
This film gave me cancer
½ June 8, 2017
Not that bad, but still much too creepy and meh at best to be considered any better than just okay.
½ June 2, 2017
This movie was one of my favorites as a kid, but looking back at it, now it looks terrible.
The creepy CGI effects did not age well at all. Mike Myers, while well meaning, does a terrible job as "the cat". All of the other actors are like wooden boards, except for the real estate CEO, who was so over the top it was pretty funny. Unfortunately, he wasn't enough to save the movie.
½ June 1, 2017
Not as entertaining or kid-friendly as it wants to be.
May 27, 2017
This is below The Burning Medallion Of Badness, this is below 0 stars.
This is literally the core in the movie underground.
This film is so bad that it nearly made me stop reading the book and i love the book.
I didn't, i don't and i won't love this.
Let's just get this over with.
Story:1|10
Visuals:2|10
Characters:2|10
Overall:1.2|1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000(10 wasn't enough at all.).
½ May 24, 2017
There are LITERALLY ZERO redeeming qualities about this film. From the miscast of Mike Myers as the Cat to the bad dialogue to the non existent plot, I am angry I wasted my time with this piece of sh*t.
½ May 20, 2017
I will never go to Universal Studios if this abomination will be there. Jesus.
½ May 2, 2017
I would rather die than watch this garbage!
April 12, 2017
I would write an actual review, but I don't want to be typing at my desk for the next week or two.
½ March 20, 2017
so bad how could people be giving this 5 stars
March 19, 2017
How can you hate this film.
March 4, 2017
This movie is a piece of garbage. I hated this film a few years after I liked it. Yeah, I used to like this film, and every time I did I would always read the book, and every time I read the book, I the more I realized that this film is complete garbage. The writing is horrible, the acting is emotionless, and it is a complete insult to Dr. Seuss. How can you turn an innocent children's story into a disgusting, offensive, dirty, hateful disaster? Having read the book as a child and loving it, I absolutely despise this movie. It shouldn't even have Dr. Seuss's name in the title. So many nasty and inappropriate jokes. Such underdeveloped characters. Mike Myers is a good actor, but this is his absolute worst performance. The Cat himself is
freaky-looking and annoying as crud. The Things look scary too. The moral of the source material is that it's okay to break the rules a little as long as it doesn't go too far. How many times do you see that in the media? Here they just exploited it like crazy. I know that children can act great. Look at Haley Joel Osment in the Sixth Sense. They just need proper direction, and clearly Dakota Fanning and Spencer Breslin didn't receive that. Their characters are so uninteresting and bland. The product design is nice, but it's clear that directors and writers didn't respect Seuss's work.
February 28, 2017
Human language has not yet evolved to the point of being able to express how profoundly amazing this movie is. The closest thing to a human communication medium that can explain this movie is a series of colors which tickle the brain and release endorphins in the pleasure center causing a hallucinatory psychosis of understanding. An art defining masterpiece. Why this has a 10% is a prime example of how moronic the human race has become.
February 27, 2017
Unfunny not well acted, The cat in the hat it's a horrible verion of the Dr.Seuss version i hate this movie nad i will never see again .