Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat Reviews

May 28, 2016
It makes laught and that´s the important thing.
½ May 24, 2016
A very horrible, stupid, and unfunny movie based on the infamous book. Please avoid it.
May 12, 2016
i love this movie and the book
April 30, 2016
i like this its so funny
April 29, 2016
0 out of 10!!! One of the worst films in motion picture history.
April 11, 2016
Not even in a million years making a live action movie out of an educational childrens book could be a decent idea
½ April 9, 2016
I don't know why people hate this. It's energetic, fast paced, and colorful enough for the kids, and funny enough for adults! I loved this as a kid, and me and my friends watched it again as a joke expecting something so awful it would make us laugh. There were 3 of us, and we all loved it, and we all said we'd show it to our kids! Mike Myers also gives a great performance!
April 3, 2016
My god, I can not tell you how much i despise this film. Mike Myers can be really funny, but he hasn't cracked me up once here. The only positive thing I can say about this film is the art direction is kinda nice, practically because the film was directed by a art director for Tim Burton movies, and it feels like he spent infinate amount of time on the sets than anything else, but even those sets can be off at times as I think can be not to it's full potential, they could be more creative.
Not only are the costumes, and the cgi crap, the "humor" is unfunny, the acting is %hitty, but theres forced morals, unnecessary adult jokes and un-needed pop culture references. It's just a pain.
March 22, 2016
Possibly the most hideous example of children's entertainment. From the sexual innuendos, to the obscene levels of slapstick, the 2003 adaptation of The Cat in the Hat is just about as respectful to Dr. Seuss's legacy as it would be to stamp on it with a muddy boot.
March 14, 2016
Like a 4 year old screaming at the top of his lungs while banging a pan with a ladle. Leave Doctor Seuss's legacy alone you &#}â,¬~!!
March 7, 2016
Love this movie favorite makes me laugh
February 9, 2016
Ouch, right in the childhood.
February 3, 2016
not terrible and really funny.
January 27, 2016
The cat in the hat is a funny movie and good characters I like the enemy witch would be Lawrence. Lawrence made a good Bad guy. And he was my favorite in this movie. This movie is funny. And this movie can teach you on how to do the Right thing. But it makes a good Comedy and good singing and dancing.
But this movie can teach everyone to do the right thing

Alec Baldwin played Lawrence
½ January 17, 2016
Would this movie even come close to deserving a 3.5 star rating? Absolutely not. It's just the fact that this holds such a warm place in my heart because of how many times I saw it as a kid. The comedy still holds up today, in my opinion. It's a perfect pick-me-up if you want stupid laughter.
½ January 17, 2016
The adult jokes are childish and weird
The modern day slang is cringe worthy
And changing the source material to something like this proves that they don't care for what's already perfect
The worst part about this was that it was popular
January 14, 2016
Too many adult jokes for a movie based on a family friendly book.
January 13, 2016
This is the one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure this isn't what Dr. Seuss wanted to his work to live on like. The make up sucks, the jokes suck, and oh my goodness the dirty humor is horrid. Like I bad mouthed Grinch about it but this is even worse. Kids won't get the jokes as they might with The Grinch but if you're an adult with children you're totally going to get asked "What does that mean Mommy?"
January 11, 2016
Despite all the negative things to expect in a family film, including the ones done by Alec Baldwin, this adaptation of Seuss' signature character still has it's good spots.