Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat Reviews

February 17, 2017
This movie is fucking retarded
February 5, 2017
The once comedically gifted Mike Myers isn't nearly enough to offset The Cat in the Hat's misguided direction, cringe worthy humor, and blatant disregard of its source material.
½ February 4, 2017
Frickin' CowShit. The Worst Movie I've ever seen. Nothing is funny, nobody is able to act, the cat, thing 1 and thing 2 look like demons from the dark closet hidden in Dr Seuss' Basement, the movies is to inappropriate for kids and disgustingly atrocious for adults, they put people like Mike Myers, Dakota Fanning, Alec Baldwin and Paris Hilton just so they could cash in, the colours look like they came out the toilet and it is constantly shoving pop culture references down your throat.
½ February 3, 2017
A very horrible, stupid, and unfunny movie based on the well-known book. I recommend avoiding it.
February 1, 2017
First of all, let me say that this movie is a cinematic masterpiece. 90 minutes of hilarious, unadulterated bliss. Mike Meyers is a genius to say the least (a role model of mine) and someone actors young and old can look up to. I am deeply saddened that many do not share the same appreciation for this movie as I do. I hope to meet Mike Meyers in the future so that I can let him know that his work in this movie is not unappreciated. This is a family classic at my house, a favorite of mine and my brothers. Y'all are rude and dumb and ugly.
½ December 21, 2016
The story is a complete bastardization of the original Dr. Seuss classic, the acting is horrendous, the humor is extremely childish and unfunny, and the costume work on the main character is the stuff of nightmares. Worst Dr. Seuss movie ever!
½ December 17, 2016
oh, lord ! save me from this satanic pile of kitty litter
½ December 17, 2016
Clever movie, I cannot believe the low rating! Sad, because I trusted Rotten Tomatoes.
December 14, 2016
Where do I begin...firstly? I definitely lost some brain cells watching this, and would it be a stretch to say that watching The Cat in the Hat on loop would be a perfect torture device? This was bad. Really, really, really bad. Sure, the colorful world building is nice to look at, but my credit ends there. Not a single, genuinely funny moment is in this heap, instead its random, in-your-face, dead obvious humor, the acting is annoying, the dialogue is horrendous, and I'm convinced whoever wrote the screenplay was on acid while doing so. What a waste of its talented cast.
November 30, 2016
"Enormously Unfunny!"
November 26, 2016
This movie is not visually pleasing and the characters fall flat.
November 8, 2016
An uninspired, unfunny and unpleasant adaptation of a beloved children's book.
October 14, 2016
The cat in the hat is a funny movie and good characters I like the enemy witch would be Lawrence. Lawrence made a good Bad guy. And he was my favorite in this movie. This movie is funny. It makes a good Comedy and good singing and dancing. How ever there was rude humor that was inappropriate but funny at the same time. This movie is Rated PG

Alec Baldwin played Lawrence
October 10, 2016
So weird,strange it good
½ October 9, 2016
This movie is gross and unfunny.
September 21, 2016
This absolute abortion of comedic decency makes Ron Howard's / Jim Carrey's "Grinch" look like a subtle family masterpiece. If Seuss was still alive, he'd put this horny, deranged, annoying cat down.
September 13, 2016
Oh my god! He is the evil-looking cat!
½ August 15, 2016
Not even worth 1 star. A piece of shit film. The only thing is good is Mike Myers and Alec Baldwin's performance.