Catalina Caper (1967) - Rotten Tomatoes

TOMATOMETER

——

——

AUDIENCE SCORE

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Movie Info

Beach parties abound in this youthful adventure that centers on two surfers-turned-detective as they look into the mysterious theft of a priceless Chinese scroll. Musical highlights include Little Richard singing "Scuba Party", and The Cascades with "There's a New World Opening for Me". The film is alternately titled Never Steal Anything Wet.

Cast

as Himself (uncredited)
Show More Cast

Critic Reviews for Catalina Caper

All Critics (1)

A dumb cartoonish groovy beach movie involving an art heist.

January 10, 2017 | Rating: C- | Full Review…

Audience Reviews for Catalina Caper

As the new MST3K Netflix original was being promoted I decided to expose myself to some of the old episodes available for streaming on Hulu and Netflix (there is a different random selection on each platform). Whether it is Joel or Mike watching these awful movies with the bots I do not envy the torture they are put through. Their snarky comments add some entertainment value, but my ratings are based on the movie's quality itself and not the extra material broadcast from the satellite of love. The boys love to skewer Tommy Kirk especially in his post-Disney contracts when he was past 20 years old, but still playing teenagers. The swingin' 60s teen movies that flooded the market following the success of the Beach Blanket musicals were mostly soggy. Tries to capitalize on a trend without anything original or exciting to hold your attention. The caper part about an art gallery scroll that may lead to a treasure is ridiculous.

Byron Brubaker
Byron Brubaker

½

Little Richard was the only thing worthy seeing in the entire 84 minutes.

Sylvester Kuo
Sylvester Kuo

½

Horrid acting, uninspired music, a silly plot and a very young Lyle Waggoner are all this has to offer.

jay nixon
jay nixon

Catalina Caper Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss Catalina Caper on our Movie forum!

News & Features