Catch That Kid - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Catch That Kid Reviews

June 9, 2016
A terrible movie not because of its poorly made script, bad characters, and over-the-top events, but for its terrible anti-moralistic message you should keep your kids away from, no one, absolutely no one should watch this film.
½ February 11, 2016
Ridiculous and fun heist movie that I thoroughly enjoyed as a kid. It's fully of cheesy dialogue and completely implausible situations, but it's an enjoyable ride that younger audiences will love.
½ December 25, 2015
I did not like this movie
August 22, 2015
Awesome what 3 twelve year olds can do!
½ June 5, 2015
Before Kristen Stewart was Bella in Twilight... Before Corbin Bleu was Chad in High School Musical... There was this mediocre bank robbery movie.
March 23, 2015
This remake of a dutch kids movie (Catch the Girl) is NOT BAD, but the original is better, fhough I'm not sure in what way. The kids are equally annoying, the plots both asinine.and the chase scene in the end pretty cool. I guess the original is just slightly less dopey. But this one has Kirsten Stewart!
February 28, 2015
Though Stewart and Theriot in particular flash bits of chemistry, the film is another Cody Banks, and just as bad, as long as you aren't a kid.
August 21, 2014
A terrible movie that just gets more and more ridiculous as it goes on. It is not believable at all that 3 teenagers could break into a huge bank with a high tech security system in downtown L.A. and the movie thinks Im just supposed to go along with it, well no sir I think not. The characters are as bland, dull, uninteresting, and one dimensional as they get. The writing and dialogue are terrible, the acting sucks, every joke is cringe worthy and stupid, and the plot becomes too stupid as it goes on. Kristen Stewart, Corbin Bleu, and Max Thierot made for a forgettable team and I didn't care if they ended up stealing the money or getting caught by the police. The security guards were bumbling idiots and whenever they got a perfect chance to catch the kids robbing the bank, they were either doing something stupid or they got interrupted by something. The love triangle between the 3 leads really added to the film's bad and lazy writing. During the go kart chase scene the police couldn't even stop the teenagers from getting away the first time even though L.A is one of the biggest cities in the world and they could have set up road blocks or brought in more reinforcements. I will give the movie only one star because there was a climbing scene that had tension and suspense in it and it surprisingly kept my attention. If you want to watch a believable and good heist movie, watch Oceans Eleven or Fast Five and don't waste your time with this crap.
May 30, 2014
April 10, 2014
A movie with Kristen Stewart that I actually liked. I think there are only two actually, this and Panic Room.
February 9, 2014
so cool I and it has my three favorite. actors
December 28, 2013
y all kids don't know nothin bout this
October 10, 2013
Only in America, where they are so poor as not to be able, as a country to look after the health of their people would a story as stupid as this make any sense. The rest of us just laugh at there ignorance and pathetic stupidity. So this film fails on so many levels before it even starts. Teaching children that sexual lure and theft make for a great American hero, go figure. Kids will love it. Nibbles: Fish Crackers.
½ August 16, 2013
Full of lots and lots of holes. Needed to remind myself it was a kid's caper movie. But kid's can have intelligent movies as well. Only issue, aside from the many realism and believability issues, that many will think is over-thinking: what does it say that Maddie gets the boys to do what she wants by lying about her feelings? Enjoyed Stewart's younger work.
May 25, 2013
Quite possibly the worst attempt at trying to explain teen angst of all time.
½ March 2, 2013
Not good and Stewart looks like a dude
January 3, 2013
This was a cute kids movie but nothing too in-depth. Would recommend it for families but that's about it.
December 14, 2012
This movie is cute!!
October 31, 2012
The main sin of "Catch That Kid" is that it's pretty bland. It's occasionally funny, occasionally fun, sometimes exciting. But it does so little to stand out, what's the point?
September 12, 2012
very, very cliche movie, is fun for the kids, a few laughs for the teens, very few for the adults. there isn't much action to be seen, although there are suspensful moments. but this movie never seems to lift from its foundations and become the hit it should have been. the three main characters seem to be grumpy in every scene, or maybe that's just their natural facial expressions. if so, they arent very pretty people. the main girl, especially, i didnt see her smile once, but i did miss a bit at the start and at the end, so... i dont know, but overall, pretty average movie.