Catfish in Black Bean Sauce - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Catfish in Black Bean Sauce Reviews

September 2, 2011
Me and my Nieces and nephews use to love to watch this movie, it brings back a lot of great memories.
I'm a big fan of Sanaa Lathan !
½ June 25, 2011
Buried in this is a nice little story about intermingling of cultures, but it rarely gets beyond the obvious cliches.
November 12, 2009
A lovely, funny movie, enjoy!
October 18, 2008
There is some good material here, and the tension between cultures analyzed here is one that is intriguing in that it often goes unconsidered. But, the script here is beyond unpolished. There are 50,000 subplots in the film, the vast majority of which are either unnecessary or unresolved at the conclusion. The lead romantic story is nothing but very awkward exchanges between actors that don't seem to click. Very jumbled.
October 14, 2008
I love this movie.. i love how the cultures come together it showed me something hollywood never discusses in a good way asians and black and white people relations and living together positively
½ July 11, 2008
Although the dialogue is a bit stilted at times the story line is really interesting and entertaining.
March 18, 2008
I love the message of this movie^_^ And how it shows that love has no colour. When you love someone it shouldnt matter what race they are or where they come from. This is one of my favourites.
iLeo
January 2, 2008
A great movie! One of my favorites. Love it.
September 26, 2007
Wow, didn't expect it to be so funny, I recommend it!
July 22, 2007
The acting didn't flow as well as I had hope, but it was a good idea to mingle it in. The movie title caught my attention.
July 21, 2007
I say this movie is slightly below average. It had potential with the storyline but the script was lousy esp. with the main character (the son). Everyone's acting was pretty good expect for the main actor/director. His acting is awkward. The movie has a few very funny moments and a couple of dramatic ones. The main scene I like is when the two mothers are fighting; and when Sanaa Lathan's character is crying.
July 4, 2007
s. lathan everyone, SERIOUSLY! it gave all small asian dudes hope! you can poke fun at the writing and the cheesiness of all of this, but this film took on some pretty interesting topics head on.
June 27, 2007
Now where my hot sauce, I don't want no ketchup...
June 24, 2007
I actually cried in this movie! It was good in the sense it was akward.
June 20, 2007
This has Tyler Christopher in it.
June 20, 2007
Oh so funny! And I love how it tackles issues head on.
½ June 11, 2007
This film attempted to show some of the difficulties cross-cultural adoption, but fell short with bad writing, acting, and plot structure.
½ June 11, 2007
Great movie that highlihghts some of the more common struggles with interracial relationships, cross-cultural adoptions, and just being true to yourself.
June 7, 2007
i dont thnk many ppl saw this itz a great movie...and some of the best play in it...check it out
May 23, 2007
A beautiful love story dealing with racial issues. Loved it!!