Catfish in Black Bean Sauce - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Catfish in Black Bean Sauce Reviews

February 25, 2007
I thought this was a cute movie and had some very funny scenes.
February 21, 2007
Man I love this film! Poignant yet hilarious and a perspective rarely seen on film. Chi Moui Lo and Alice Walker are great and if for no other reason you have to check it out to see two old ladies battling over their son.
½ December 18, 2006
The title sold the movie for it. When i had heard the title for some reason i wanted to go pick it up. And Paul Winfield which i remember from numerous tv shows and films brought me even more to see it. Luckily he was fantastic... but aside from a clever main structure/storyline the sideplots and jokes dont seem fit for this movie but maybe a PG-13 crude film with Rob Schnieder. A wish washy film.... had promise but let itself down :(
December 11, 2006
i would like to see this
September 3, 2006
Hillarious family movie that keeps you laughin'!
January 18, 2006
" fish and bean", that title wud make sense , but the title here doesn't, anyhow, i want to see this movie to find out who the fuck "Karen Black" is.
May 17, 2004
[b]Troy[/b]: A very bland war flick. Brings nothing new or interesting to the genre.

[b]The Hot Spot:[/b] Really 5.5/10. Almost good, but I remained disinterested throughout the movie. (Special note: I couldn't be turned on by the Connelly nude scene knowing she was sitting next to her sister.)

[b]Cliffhanger:[/b] Cheesy but entertaining action flick. Nothing I'd watch again though.

[b]Catfish[/b]: A good movie with good acting all around. The interaction between Asian and African-American cultures was interesting, and Sanaa Lathan is my 3rd wife in line.

[b]Gerry[/b]: I appreciate the experimentation, but it was boring. Very boring.