Catfish in Black Bean Sauce Reviews

• Apr 16, 2020

I really enjoyed this movie. I like the topic that it broaches, the tension between American Black and Asian culture, and I like the way it approaches that topic, a black couple from "da hood" adopts and does a fine job of raising 2 Asian children. I think this is a very worthwhile film that fell under the radar of too many.

• Sep 02, 2011

Me and my Nieces and nephews use to love to watch this movie, it brings back a lot of great memories. I'm a big fan of Sanaa Lathan !

• Nov 12, 2009

A lovely, funny movie, enjoy!

A lovely, funny movie, enjoy!

• Oct 18, 2008

There is some good material here, and the tension between cultures analyzed here is one that is intriguing in that it often goes unconsidered. But, the script here is beyond unpolished. There are 50,000 subplots in the film, the vast majority of which are either unnecessary or unresolved at the conclusion. The lead romantic story is nothing but very awkward exchanges between actors that don't seem to click. Very jumbled.

• Oct 14, 2008

I love this movie.. i love how the cultures come together it showed me something hollywood never discusses in a good way asians and black and white people relations and living together positively

• Jul 11, 2008

Although the dialogue is a bit stilted at times the story line is really interesting and entertaining.

• Mar 18, 2008

I love the message of this movie^_^ And how it shows that love has no colour. When you love someone it shouldnt matter what race they are or where they come from. This is one of my favourites.

• Leo L Super Reviewer
    Jan 02, 2008

A great movie! One of my favorites. Love it.

A great movie! One of my favorites. Love it.

• Dec 05, 2007

Buried in this is a nice little story about intermingling of cultures, but it rarely gets beyond the obvious cliches.

• Sep 26, 2007

Wow, didn't expect it to be so funny, I recommend it!

Wow, didn't expect it to be so funny, I recommend it!