Cats & Dogs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cats & Dogs Reviews

December 2, 2016
Cats and dogs as spies?! What the hell?
September 24, 2016
I actually saw this movie with my parents when I was 24 and there were no kids with us. Granted, it's made to be a kids movie or a "family" movie as they like to call it, but it's fuckin hilarious. Anybody who loves animals can get a kick out of this movie if you just overlook the corny and predictable parts that all these movies have. It's free to watch if you have Netflix and it's well worth it if you have pets or kids or both. It's an extremely funny movie.
½ September 13, 2016
These CGI animals are not true.
½ August 15, 2016
Lovely family movie....second time seen this , enjoyed it ! SOMDVD
August 11, 2016
Cats and Dogs is an example of a missed opportunity.
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Used to love this when I was a kid it seems silly now but I still find it pretty fun and a good time waster.
½ April 2, 2016
It was directed by the same guy that directed son of the mask
Need I say more?
March 10, 2016
It has a cute, fun concept. This could be a fun little family film, with a lot of funny opportunities, it just fails on just about every opportunity.
½ February 11, 2016
Innocent and wildly fun animal movie. It get's extra points for making cats the villains since I'm more of a dog person. I enjoyed it and think it's very clever. It's pretty childish and silly but there is still fun to be had with it.
January 5, 2016
Never liked this movie.
December 14, 2015
Very silly, but a ton of fun if you can let go of your disbelief.
½ November 7, 2015
Our day has come.

For years the dogs and cats have secretly been at war with technology beyond the human's wildest imagination. They attack each other and so far, the dogs are winning the war. The cats decide it is time to fight dirty and spring a new plan on the dogs. This new plan may threaten to expose the dogs and cats in their true form. Can the dogs keep the war a secret while defeating the cats?

"I'm not nervous. I stink, but I'm not nervous."

Lawrence Guterman, director of Son of the Mask, delivers Cats & Dogs in his directorial debut. The storyline for this picture was just okay but the special effects were fun. There were some good lines in this overall average picture. The acting is as you'd expect for the genre and the cast includes Jeff Goldblum, Elizabeth Perkins, Alec Baldwin, and Tobey Macguire.

"He talks too much and sheds all over."

We recently came across this on Netflix and added it to the wish list. We felt this was clever and well done and has some good one-liners. My daughter watched it from beginning to end. This is definitely worth a viewing with your child but isn't an all time classic or must have for your DVD collection.

"Evil does not wear a bonnet."

Grade: C
November 2, 2015
The best movie of cats and dogs I have seen
October 3, 2015
If cats and dogs could really speak. What an interesting world it would be.
September 28, 2015
A crap knock off to the spy parody genre, this has no redeeming features except for that they got Blofelds cat from You Only Live Twice, thats cool.
August 21, 2015
As a cat lover, I want rant on about how cats are always the "bad guy." But this movie could really be anyone & anybody and it would still be the same ordinary, half-funny and cheap movie.
June 26, 2015
Still to this day Cats & Dogs tells the story of the history of both species while putting in a creative twist making it a battle of good vs evil as well.
June 8, 2015
Okay kids film. The original Babe is far more appealing than this.
½ June 7, 2015
Cats & Dogs offers the kind of simple, high-spirited entertainment that pleases kids and won't entirely annoy adults.
June 5, 2015