Caught Up - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Caught Up Reviews

January 23, 2014
This is a classic 1998 film! I remember disliking this movie when this movie came out but now seeing it again with a full understanding, I really like it now. Bokeem Woodine is one my favorite actors! He was funny and gangsta at the sametime. Great sex scene with Cynda Williams. Snoop Dogg had a really small part in this movie. Ironically, he played Little Kitty Kat knowing his rap name is Snoop Doggy Dog! I forgot Tony Todd (from the horror movie Candy Man) was in this movie. My man Clitton Powell is a great actor! LL Cool J rocking the FUBU cap in this movie before he bulked up. I guess Basil Wallace that played "Screwface" so well in the movie "Mark For Death" that Darin wanted Basil to play that character again as Ahmad! Great job by director Darin Scott!
August 7, 2013
Wednesday, August 7, 2013

(1998) Caught Up

African American Daryl(Bokeem Woodbine) has dreams about being successful and owning his own night club except that he needs a few extra thousands to do it, so his crack headed friend offers to be a partner with him providing if he could succeed into submitting him the money that he needs. So while Daryl is waiting for him sitting in his car, he then sees his crack head friend running away and robbing the bank of the money that he needs to open this so-called night club which completely caught Daryl off guard. So instead of surrendering like what any normal person would've done. He decides to drive away even though they're cop cars coming from all directions. The crack head dies as a result of Daryl crashing his car while evading police. And Daryl ends up in jail. He comes out for parole, and gets himself mixed up with a woman (Cynda Williams) who looks identical to his ex who still carries the torch for and she hooks him up with a job, leading to some preposterous situations. And by the time the movie is done still doesn't explain everything that has happened.

The movie starts out believably well but goes into the most unlikely scenario on the second half similar to a "Pulp Fiction" movie. I was hoping it was movie about an African American who was trying to succeed in his dreadful life but as it turns out it becomes much more complicated than that.

2 out of 4 stars
September 28, 2012
loooooooove this movie
August 12, 2012
Hood Classic. Great Cameo appearance by LL Cool J but Bokeem Woodbine is at his best here. Get you SupaNigga Bulletproof vest
April 17, 2012
April 12, 2011
For the most part this was nothing special, but the ending was pretty cool.
August 28, 2010
Dis Movie Real Good.
July 16, 2010
I was suprise to say that I enjoyed it very much
March 21, 2010
½ January 11, 2010
This was a good movie full of suspense. It was something about Bokeem that I like in this movie.
January 4, 2010
January 4, 2010
December 19, 2009
snoop is the shizz and this is pretty coo if your into movies like the wash or baby boy this is the movie for you
August 31, 2009
Seen it and watch it when ever it comes on cuz its funny to me..Bokeem Woodbine is such a interesting charaCTER ON screen...
July 16, 2008
A liberal blending of many other crime dramas, might have worked, but doesn't quite make it.
½ June 20, 2008
It was alright to me. The theme was perfect for how the movie went. I like all of the parts when he was about to get caught up lol good movie
½ June 15, 2008
This wasn't a terrible homeboy in trouble movie.
It did have a very good soundtrack.
April 14, 2008
This movie was so bad, that it was actually good...Bokeem Woodbine, wow, what were you thinking?
½ February 3, 2008
Actually a pretty interesting movie. Boring off the start, but a lot of marginally unexpected things kept me in the movie. Neat idea.