CB4 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

CB4 Reviews

½ January 18, 2017
This parody of gangsta rap was something that I remembered fondly from the VHS days, and I gave it a spin recently to confirm that it held up pretty well. The various rap parodies peppered throughout the film are amusing and over the top, and Chris Rock always cracks me up.

Worth a look if you haven't had the chance, give it a rental.
May 31, 2015
Hilarious take on gangsta rap in the 90s, although very profane. It's sad only so many people know about this movie, but everybody knows about every adam sandler movie.
April 8, 2015
A rap Spinal Tap only not good.
½ February 2, 2015
It's no Fear of a Black Hat, but CB4 is funny in its own right.
December 26, 2013
My Favorite Comedy Film Is 1933's Duck Soup.
½ November 27, 2013
Much like Fear of a Black Hat, there's some laughs here, but it's not enough to support the film's length.
July 20, 2013
If you grew up with rap in the 80s and 90s, you'll love this parody. Back when Chris Rock was still funny even!
July 16, 2013
This movie has a lot of potential but it never quite lives up to it. There are some funny ideas, songs and moments but the script could have used a rewrite or 2 more. The cast seems to be having a lot of fun. Overall this movie is a slight disappointment.
½ May 28, 2013
pretty funny idea and good cast make this film entertaining. even tho its a spoof its probably more true than you'd think.
½ March 28, 2013
Straight out of Locash
January 30, 2013
Now this is a classic movie!
December 7, 2012
Would like to get round to watching.
September 16, 2012
Chris Rock has made a cult film here. If you enjoy rap and hip-hop but also can poke fun at the many stereo-types then its a must watch.
September 15, 2012
A total spoof on the rap business, and my boy Charlie Murphy is in it too!
½ August 27, 2012
Chris Rock, Chris Elliott, and Phil Hartman in one movie. Amazing.
August 15, 2012
Complete with a Chris Rock parody of Straight Outta Compton
½ June 6, 2012
good parody on the rap game and how some rappers just front
April 16, 2012
hahaglha
(all i got to say)
½ April 7, 2012
Similar to "This is Spinal Tap" Not as good as that film but funny nonetheless
April 6, 2012
Raunchy with a capital R...Can't believe Chris Rock even did this one.