Cedar Rapids - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cedar Rapids Reviews

July 1, 2015
I don't understand one iota the negative reviews of this film. It's simple, fun & hilarious. And one of John C. Reilly's best roles. He is comedic gold and his lines are just as quotable as anything I can think of. Genius film with a great mood to it. And it gets better with multiple viewings. Don't think twice. This film is awesome.
½ June 29, 2015
with some funny moments, and soild proformamces from ed helms and the rest of the the cast this movie is worth a watch if you like movies with heart.
½ June 16, 2015
The idea is fine - a shy underachieving insurance salesman goes to a convention in the big city (of Cedar Rapids?). But I found the movie painful to watch.
½ June 10, 2015
Funny, likeable, and it doesn't drag or make you cringe when it's not being funny. Though it does lean a little too heavily on clichÚ, especially "dumb rube in the big city". Helms is kind of a non-entity, especially as a lead, but he's surrounded with interesting character actors, so it doesn't really matter.
May 30, 2015
Cedar Rapids is short on laughs, but in the end it is elevated by its amount of heart.
February 11, 2015
one of the worst movies Maries ever picked..... and one of the worst movies I've seen in a while.... made Dinner for Schmucks look like The 40-Year-Old Virgin... lets see - Ed Helms sucked... John C. Reilly blew... Anne Heche was, uh, herself... lots of f*@ktastic cameos: Red from That 70's Show, Maeby from Arrested Development, Rob Corddry, & that Time Warner Cable commercial/Kurt's Dad from Glee guy.....
½ January 30, 2015
The cast and characters are riveting and while there is much to laugh over alongside the growth of the characters it comes alongside some of the crudest, foul, drunken, drugged and sexualized scripts you can squeeze into an insurance convention.
½ January 30, 2015
Flawed, certainly, but refreshing and fun with a great performance from John C. Reilly. Full review later.
January 16, 2015
Effin' hilarious. You should definitely think about adding this gem to your Netflix queue. :)
December 11, 2014
Ample raunch, Helms' salt-of-the-earth trustworthiness, and overwhelming sweetness give Cedar Rapids enough leg to still overcome its formulaic tendencies.
December 3, 2014
Has a great blend of quirkiness without being in-your-face-quirky, and is just a hilarious Helms/Reilly vehicle. Plus it has heart if you're into that.
½ November 30, 2014
Bland garbage of cosmic proportions, couldn't force myself to watch this till the end. Please save your time and look for something else. not worth trading 2 hours for it.
½ October 28, 2014
A great performance from Ed Helms in a familiar role, "Cedar Rapids" unfortunately suffers from a tonally complex screenplay and an uninteresting plot.
October 23, 2014
This comedy works because Ed Helms's milk-toast character never feels like a put on. We believe he's actually the kind of guy who would say '"Gosh Darn it" instead of God Damn it .
October 21, 2014
This movie is deadpan and very funny. It has some wry insights into the world and its ways, despite the inclusion of a host of clich├ęs. It's a rarity, an honest and enjoyable comedy.
October 13, 2014
I tried to watch this on two seperate occasions but it's way too boring. Maybe it gets better but I can't watch past 30 minutes.
½ October 9, 2014
Quirky, dry, at times vulgar, but this story of a coming-of-age insurance salesman (yes...I wrote that) played by the seemingly typecast Ed Helms as a naive, middle-aged man learning about love and business while trying to maintain his integrity and heart-of-gold. About as unreal as it gets, the story is adorable and sweet with well-written characters played by a talented ensemble including John C. Reilly, Isiah Whitlock and Anne Heche. This threesome embraces young-at-heart Tim Lippe while also learning a bit about themselves and the lives they've allowed themselves to get sucked into as tacky insurance salespeople. The result is a warped moral and an unlikely happy ending.
½ September 29, 2014
Cedar Rapids is just hilarious. With all these Insurance competitions, and does it in a way of comedy with Helms and Reilly in it, I was just having fun. I was thinking this film could have been more better. A much better second half could possibly hits its spot. But overall its a very good and recommended comedy flick offered by Arteta.
September 17, 2014
Fails to live up to the sum of its parts. not sure why any studio would fight to make this story.
August 12, 2014
The laughs were few and far between, but actually got better towards the end. An average comedy with some noteworthy scenes.