Celeste and Jesse Forever - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Celeste and Jesse Forever Reviews

September 3, 2015
Good movie - can't believe Rashida Jones wrote it.
August 25, 2015
Relationships are complicated and I feel like this movie was a quite honest portrayal. I have even experienced some of the fights or situations in this movie, so I felt like I could relate. But seriously, Celeste and Jesse are so annoying together, I was quite happy that they were over. No rooting for them to get back together. Sometimes you just have to move on from a dysfunctional relationship.
½ August 9, 2015
Andy Samberg y Rashida Jones interpretan a una pareja que decide divorciarse después de 6 años de matrimonio y que no está preparada para dejar ir, en esta comedia romántica que a diferencia del "chick flick" tradicional, busca dejar atrás los clichés y la ligereza por intentar entender a la pareja y por unas situaciones que debajo de la gracia esconden heridas. "Jesse And Celeste Forever" no será un clásico de la comedia romántica, pero sí está por encima del producto habitual de Hollywood.
July 8, 2015
When I first saw the title of this movie I thought it would be a spoof of the Before Sunrise, Before Sunset and Before Midnight movies. I was wrong. The movie charmed me with the chemistry between its two leads. There's a plot twist early on which takes the movie into an interesting direction. It does though lose steam as we get in deeper and some scenes could've used editing. Still an enjoyable watch.
½ May 26, 2015
Celeste and Jesse Forever [US, 2012] I really want to hate this film for all its illusory, but I just can't. 7/10
May 18, 2015
I don't understand the cinematography behind this one. Why have really well-crafted wide angle shots and then deliberately shaking profile shots? That aside, the clever soundtrack melds well with this pretty unique (yet strangely familiar) story.
May 13, 2015
A true-to-life drama/romance/comedy.
April 22, 2015
A sweet, very underrated rom-com. Rashida Jones and Andy Samberg are brilliant together.
½ February 10, 2015
I would have thought this movie would have been funnier especially with Andy Samberg. Rashida Jones cowrote this slight romantic sad flick with a few funny scenes. No happy ending here. It was an okay movie, nothing memorable.
½ January 20, 2015
I wanted to Love this film. I wanted to quote it and watch it over and over again. I wanted to go to the rooftops and tell the world 'Watch this film'.

But , sadly, none of these were possible. An enjoyable and easy to like but definitely nothing special watch one-time film with a likeable cast.

Also I have no easy access to my roof.
½ January 17, 2015
Decidedly average. Didn't really warm to either of the characters. A total waste of Andy Samberg.
January 11, 2015
I love "500 Days of Summer"..."The F Word"... "When Harry Met Sally". But "Celeste and Jesse Forever" is by far NOT a comedy. I didn't laugh once and I was bored to tears. SUCH AN AWFUL SCRIPT. If there were jokes, I missed them. The characters were unlikable. It was full of old tropes & stereotypes. There was no depth at all to this movie. I'm seriously shocked that some reviewers said they got emotional over this... I just wanted it to end.
January 9, 2015
Boring. Celeste is not likeable so unfortunately I could have cared less.
January 7, 2015
A funny and insightful comedy-drama.
½ January 4, 2015
Some parts seemed a bit repetitive and the inside joke between the primary couple could have been more tasteful but overall this movie was heart felt and entertaining.
½ January 3, 2015
Interesting premise. Sad that it could happen.
December 29, 2014
Best movie that makes me cry! To me, I feel like it's better than Titanic. It is just so beutifully written and probably one of my Top three movies! I love it SO much.
December 1, 2014
Celeste and jesse is a rom com I can like and enjoyed. It's refreshing to see Andy Samberg in a more mature role.
½ December 1, 2014
Nothing really special, but I really liked Rashida Jones' writing and the chemistry between the two leads.
December 1, 2014
Romantic comedy who steal (tribute) jokes from baseball movies made over twenty years ago really don't get me on the right foot. Never bought Samberg, but the supporting cast is outstanding, but not utilized. Soundtrack may be the best thing about this movie. Worth seeing on a rainy day when it comes on HBO but beware you may be frustrated.