Cell Reviews

• 6d ago

To think of the movies these two have made and they sign up for this tripe ?! Why did John put his hat on in the mayhem at the airport ? Did they realise that his hair looked like the wig that it was ? Abominable in all the wrong ways.

• Jan 02, 2020

I remember reading the Stephen King novel when it came out, but if I recall correctly, I didn't finish it because it was so over-written, like a lot of his work. Still, it had an interesting premise. This film has a vague premise that's never really explained. It's also ridiculously bad--shoddy production values, sleepwalking actors, uninteresting cinematography. Every aspect is just flat out BAD. Like a third rate Invasion of the Body Snatchers. It seems that King film adaptations are either really excellent (Shawshank, The Green Mile), or total disasters. I can't imagine why.

• Dec 24, 2019

Cell has a good plot, but the development could been so much better. There are some pretty scenese, but really, nothing more. The characters behave dumb or cliché and they really not in-depth. There aren't narratives ideas that surprise the viewer, or at least, those what are in there, leaves us indifferent. The presence of this dude with the red hoodie which should represents a kind of leader of all the phone zombies, it's not so logic, as well as the fact that it has the same appearance as the protagonist of Clay's graphic novel (as if the latter must somehow be the chosen one, or that in some way he predicted the future. This thing is thrown there like this, and it doesn't the flap is made clear), and that then everybody continue to have nightmares on him. Even the ending it's unclear and scratching (SPOILER), first of all we see Clay, his son and the rest of the zombies exploding, then they show us a kind of dreamalike scene, where we see father and son in their way to the others survivors, and in the next scene we see again the horde running in circle, with clay inside of it too, who's somehow he's an infected now. All of this group of scenes it seemed very unconvincing to me, i can't find the real logic of it. Among other flaws, it's worthless speaking of the special effects, which between fire and explosions, they're often poorly made.

• Nov 20, 2019

Another King film with a bad ending. Don't know if it's just his movies but King just can't get a quality ending to his stories. Decent movie but vague BS for a finish. I fell for it again. Did no one mention the ties to The Kingsman movie? In The Kingsman, Sam Jackson plays an evil mastermind with a plan to make people violently crazy, through a cell phone signal. In Cell, Sam Jackson tries to survive the exact same concept... Coincidence? Kingsman was a MUCH better movie.

• Sep 19, 2019

Stephen King was on screenplay duties so of course the film had an extended run time that deserved an intermission. This aside, this post-apoclayptic flick is worth a watch just for the gory intro and the convincable suspense interwoven through the picture. Plus John Cusack plays a comic book artist? Love for the culture! Yeah, the ending was a little rushed as, but if that pace for the final moments would have been induced in the more slower scenes in this film (and if some of the explosions weren't so low budget) - this would have been perfect. Though despite the small mistakes, Cell is another example that Stephen King film adaptations that were released during the 2010's are more entertaining than any King stories that made it from script to screen in the past - yes and that includes the snorefest that was The Shining, R.I.P. Kubrick.

• Aug 07, 2019

Horrible adaptation of a good Book. The Ending made it even worse. S. Jackson can´t save this trainwreck of a Movie

• Jun 29, 2019

This movie was creepy in the sense that if cell phone towers could be hacked and a signal sent out like that....what if?

• Jun 18, 2019

It's amateurish at spots but it has great actors and some good zombie sequences

It's amateurish at spots but it has great actors and some good zombie sequences

• Apr 10, 2019

watched this... horrible horrible.... horrible mistake... now I want my wasted time back so I can waste it somewhere else. its so bad I wish I could just unwatch it or forget completely about it.

• Feb 17, 2019

Rotten tomatoes can fuck them selves and their mothers. Cell is a great movie with a very unique way of showing horror mixed with the apocalypse as well as having a different type of zombie film we never seen before. The zombies are not just a horde of zombies but a family of zombies that works in unique ways with one of them being telepathic.