Celtic Pride - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Celtic Pride Reviews

October 29, 2016
Dan Akroyd is on goofy autopilot and Daniel stern is loud and obnoxious. Takes a premise with easy opportunities for dark humour or broad slapstick and does nothing with it.
May 23, 2016
This film has sooooo many great lines! My favourite Beantown film.
½ May 18, 2016
Celtic Pride n'a pas vraiment grand-chose pour lui. Deuxième scénario pour le cinéma de Judd Apatow, cette pochade sur deux soûlards fans des Celtics kidnappant le meilleur joueur de l'équipe en face vaut surtout pour ses acteurs, qui sont absolument parfaits. Si Daniel Stern et Dan Aykroyd sont destinés pour ces rôles, Damon Wayans est une révélation, en 1996, en tant que star de basketball. Celtic Pride possède quelques rebondissements inattendus et beaucoup de chaleur humaine pour contrecarrer ses errances scénaristiques dans le second acte, où les arcs n'ont rien de novateur. Avec un réalisateur aussi impersonnel que Tom DeCerchio, Celtic Pride aurait pu être un massacre de comédie, mais le film se trouve être éminemment sympathique et prenant. Ce n'est clairement pas le meilleur film d'aucune des parties impliquées, mais c'est un divertissement acceptable. C'est déjà pas mal.
½ November 17, 2015
A fun scenario, especially if you can relate to sporting fanaticism, but the general comedy is fine too.
April 28, 2015
Just bad enough to really piss Celtics fans off big time.....had to be made by a Lakers fan.
½ January 16, 2015
This is an average comedy. Don't expect anything special from this movie, just some jokes in old 80-s style. I can't say that this is a bad movie because I am a basketball fan and any movie that has something to do with basketball, I watch and probably like as well. But if this movie would be about ice hocky or something like that I would grade it with one. All actors did fine, by that I mean that I saw nothing special neither anything really bad. Overall O.K. movie for basketball fans and a good movie for people with bad film taste.
November 13, 2014
Completely underrated. Watch this comedy flick.
August 16, 2014
(First viewing - Late teen years)
August 12, 2013
My Favorite Comedy Film Is 1933's Duck Soup.
December 12, 2012
A tragic film that cost the careers of three great men.
December 7, 2012
Worth finding and watching!
November 22, 2012
Silly and funny at times. Entertaining but forgettable.
October 31, 2012
Not a bad sports comedy, but most of the jokes are hit-or-miss, missing much more often.
August 28, 2012
"How can you go wrong with the strong comical team of Dan Akryd, Damon Wayans and Daniel Stern?"
I must say the last review from jpg178 couldn't be more wrong. I enjoyed Celtic Pride and found it energetic, slapstick fun that holds some historical moments for Boston Celtic fans alike. But to say director Roger Birnbaum only intended this movie to be for fans alike- isn't the case.
½ August 21, 2012
Nothing special, but definitely one of the more underrated comedies of the 90's. Damon Wayans was perfectly cast & provides plenty of laughs. Daniel Stern in my opinion is one of the most overlooked, underrated comedic actors out there. He's made me laugh in every film I've seen him in. He, Wayans & Aykroyd have good chemistry & play off of each other well. Story altogether is pretty uneven & it would've been nice to have more real players in the game scenes, but in the end this makes me laugh & that's not always easy.
August 16, 2012
This only gets a 4 because I'm a Celtics fan. Otherwise, stay away.
½ July 24, 2012
Pretty stupid comedy but has some funny parts for sports fans. Worth checking out if you're bored one day.

~ Average Movie Guy
July 21, 2012
With it's flaws and sometimes lack of humor, Celtic Pride have a interesting plot and become a satire of the schizophrenic society, with a great obsess for sports, television and macho culture. A portrait of different social classes and madness that share angry and fanaticism for things without meaning.
July 16, 2012
This is definitely one of my top films of all time. My opinion, this film is one of, if not, the most under-rated movie of all time.
July 3, 2012
Decent movie. Funny moments, good acting from Stern, Aykroyd, and Wayans.