Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetery Man) (Demons '95) (Of Death, of Love) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetery Man) (Demons '95) (Of Death, of Love) Reviews

July 23, 2017
One of the most unique zombie films out there.
½ April 23, 2017
Definitely not as good as I remember when I saw the Original Italian Version in the mid-1990s. It is very low budget. It's fun and campy at times, but has no real plot. It has a place in the Zombie Genre as being an original film and I understand the Cult following. My problem is that it's just an okay film. The soundtrack is pretty good for such a low budget film.
½ April 15, 2017
Mesmerizing, beautiful and even thought-provoking zombie movie that balances on many genres, including even existential questions. Fantastic cinema, a gem.
½ August 25, 2016
I would have prefered to give it a 4 instead of 3.5 but for all its beauty, style, texture, atmosphere and lyricism, it ultimately stumbles to assert it deeper meaning, feeling not so much mysterious as confused as to waht it wants to say about death, life, love, freedom and the distinctions between them all.
½ May 8, 2016
lol What a wacky ass movie! I guess there was supposed to be a message embedded in somewhere, but I have no idea. It was pretty funny though.
½ November 16, 2015
Made me laugh more than once. Worth a look.
½ July 25, 2015
Funny, eccentric, bizarre, grotesque, with certain charming in it, lusty, with such beautiful lady on the leading role, I enjoyed it very much!
May 16, 2015
I remember seeing this at a film festival and being terrifically bored by the whole thing. Well, tried to see it again, same result.
May 10, 2015
Probably the best zombie movie ever. The concept remains original, the actors are brilliant in their existentialist microcosm.
½ November 25, 2014
This was actually one of the most competently made B movies I've seen...but also delightfully campy. It even played with metaphor and surrealism. Not just another zombie movie. Unique.
½ November 9, 2014
Why are the dead returning from the grave? Why aren't th townsfolk and Dellamorte that bothered? Why would you be turned on and want to have sex in a graveyard? Why would someone killed in a motorcycle accident be buried with his bike and his destroyed helmet still on? Why would anyone be buried in a see through coffin? Why does no one care that Dellamorte is killing loads of people? Why would anyone make this movie? Why would anyone think it was good?
½ November 7, 2014
Of Death Of Love is a bizarre black romantic comedy centred on Francisco Dellamorte, who is a local cemetery keeper of haunted graveyard, where corpses come back to live sometimes and prey on the living. Dellamorte fell in love with a beautiful widow but the widow was killed and came back to life. Dellamorte began to break down and started seeing more clones of the lookalikes of the deceased widow. Along with his good friend and a sidekick, he must find out how to become sane again. I chuckled a few times, Rupert Everett was perfect for the leading role. The film is unique yet still preserved the Italian style. The plot could have been a little better if it made sense but I liked the surrealism nonetheless.
November 3, 2014
This is a weird one. In a small Italian town, Rupert Everett and his simple-minded assistant are in charge of the local cemetery. More specifically they are in charge of re-killing those bodies that return from the dead 7 days after burial. What happens in the rest of this movie is so absurd and non-linear that it can best be explained in bullet points. A darkly absurd movie with an unrelenting macabre sense of humor. I'd say 'spoilers', but it rolls out like an unpredictable fever dream. The movie includes:
Bad dubbing (originally filmed in Italian)
Casual nudity
Zombie attacks
Zombie romance
A shooting spree
Sex with a widow on her husband's fresh grave
Elective penis removal surgery
A twist ending of epic existential proportions
A cult film based on the comic book Dylan Dog, my Dad recommended this to me after seeing it at 3am on cable. Makes sense. This movie is thoroughly enjoyable if watched late at night, high, or both.
October 10, 2014
Nobody likes this movie... but I did.
August 5, 2014
Watched this at the grahams town film festival in 95 and was blown away. took me that long to remember the name
June 17, 2014
A beautifully shot Italian horror romance comedy with surrealistic undertones. The direction reminded me of Delicatessen or old Peter Jackson films.
March 28, 2014
Twisted movie that's kinda like Shawn of the dead meets pet cemetery and the main character sounds like his try to talk like eger Allen Poe
February 8, 2014
Saying this movie is weird is a complete understatement. The thing is, it's actually a lot more than silly, gory zombie drivel. It actually has layers and leaves it to you to interpret these meanings. While that may be a problem in some spots, this satirical and gleefully silly zombie movie certainly transcends most of the zombie sub-genre and deserves the cult following it's gotten over the years. Maybe it leaves too much to the imagination of it's viewers, but I love it.
½ December 4, 2013
Cheesy, over the top and inconsistent, this flick doesn't deliver what it set out to do! yeah there are a few ups in the movie but in terms of genre it doesn't provide enough scares or humor.
Brandon R.
November 16, 2013
Finally got around to watching "Cemetery Man", which had been hyped to me as a "low budget cult classic", and it's a total disaster. The first 2/3 of the flick operates in the same vein as Peter Jackson's brilliant "Dead Alive", featuring en endearingly detached and overly philosophic Rupert Everett as a cemetery caretaker spending his nights corralling the recently undead back to the afterlife. It is clearly an absurd plot but even so the humor was handled well within the surreal environment and kept things appropriately cheeky. This is all fine until the final half-hour where the story fractures in several directions at once and no longer resembles itself. Don't know what the screenwriter was thinking here, what could have been a satisfying genre flick is only confused and unsure when it matters most.