Central Station (Central do Brasil) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Central Station (Central do Brasil) Reviews

½ October 3, 2016
Central Station is a moving road-trip movie that deftly handles a wicked woman's transformation and redemption, while truly involving the audience in its setting and characters.
April 28, 2016
Nao tenho palavras pra descrever esse filme e muito bom, tem uma otina trama que te segura do inicio ao fim pra min o melhor filme brasileiro
March 12, 2016
A moving and heart-warming movie. The story tells of the inexplicable interplay between unique personal relationships and conscience. I like the scene where Dora and Josue come to an understanding, the scene where Josue finds a way to become a successful entrepreneur, and the last scene of the movie when a morally ambiguous Dora does a good deed. What redemption! What happiness!
February 23, 2016
A four-hanky weepy about a dishonest letter writer who is forced under circumstances and her conscience to return a homeless boy to his father. The journey they shared will give them faith and hope again in their similar fatherless and poverty-striken plight.
December 27, 2015
A heartwarming film that sticks with the cliches that work and gets rid of the ones that don't. The characters are charming and believable. This film is a unique work of art.
December 9, 2015
Em 1998 Walter Salles reacendeu a chama do orgulho brasileiro, ele emociona o mundo ao trazer para o cinema Central do Brasil, um drama roteirizado por Marcos Bernstein e João Emanuel Carneiro. Fernanda Montenegro é Dora uma professora aposentada que passa a vida escrevendo cartas e se depara com um menino órfão que quer encontrar o pai. Toda a arte técnica e exuberância de Salles não esta na busca do menino, mas no despertar de Dora, uma mulher cínica e sem alegria que cruza o caminho do menino solitário marcado pelas dureza da vida, o velho ônibus corta o interior brasileiro, Dora vai alem e viaja nas lembranças de seu pai ausente, nessas idas e vidas Dora descobre que pode ser melhor mesmo tendo atrás de si um passado turbulento. Com história emocionante, bem alinhavada, interpretações precisas e tecnicamente perfeito Central do Brasil é um cometa que ilumina a escuridão cinematográfica brasileira.
½ August 31, 2015
The film is excellent in the genre Charlie Chaplin. I found it overly dramatic at the beginning with the music. It, however, get into its pace and we are intrigued at the adventures that will happen and the discoveries to come. It does not disappoint. The tone is right then. Excellent.
August 26, 2015
Simple and beautiful. Best brazilian movie ever made.
½ August 17, 2015
A very beautiful film from Brazil with a great performance from Fernanda Montenegro that was worthy of her Oscar nomination. It is a wonderful road trip movie that is well written and has a great score. The boy was great as well. It may be my attention issues during Foreign films that I don't see in a movie theater but at times it did lose me but overall it is really worth watching
½ May 17, 2015
"Central Station" is simple and simply will leaves you sobbing, with its strong, heartfelt tales.
May 10, 2015
One of the highly recommended films to watch on mother's day. The film may not be necessarily about a mother and a child relationship but the bond between the two leads is more than that.

Fernanda Montenegro gave a great performance as Dora, a single, former teacher writing letters to the "dead".
April 30, 2015
Nice story about an evil woman who is guilt tripped into helping a orphaned kid into finding his missing father. This film has lots of levels to explore and gives an insight to a huge country that we don't see a lot of in the movies.
February 28, 2015
"No dia que você quiser lembrar de mim, dá uma olhada no retratinho que a gente tirou junto. Eu digo isso porque tenho medo, que um dia, você também me esqueça.Tenho saudade de tudo."

Beautiful movie!
½ January 22, 2015
They live on a broad land of Brazil. People who do not have a telephone and who do not read and write letters talk and ask a letter-writer to write a letter to their family. The Brazilian road movie portrays thoughts of such people for their families. Brazil is a big country.
December 8, 2014
if you are not touched by this movie then your heartless and you will need a different approach to life. Its a story that happens to many people in many different ways. About someone that we love, that we miss and that we will always love and will always miss. People come into our life for a meaning, they do what they have to do and then they are gone... and doesnt matter where life take us they will always have a place in our hearts.. and we will always remember them, for all what they did and all what they represent. I thank you.. for showing me life can still be beautiful in so many different ways.
½ April 6, 2014
A sweet and tender story about an older woman and a small boy. She is an incredible actor and the film doesn't shy away from her flaws as well as the country of Brazil. It has a a powerful social commentary and a beautifully moving conclusion. That said, it follows a standard "road movie" structure that didn't surprise me all that much. Still, an admirable effort if not exactly mind-blowing.
½ February 27, 2014
sincere, beautiful and exciting! i know it's cliché to comment on montenegro's work and i personally think she's overrated, but her performance in this film is excellent.
½ January 21, 2014
A great foreign film that is occasionally slow, but worth it when you get to the satisfying ending.
October 6, 2013
Montenegro's the only reason to watch, but she's worth it.
June 8, 2013
Um marco do cinema brasileiro, carregado nos ombros de Fernanda Montenegro em uma performance consagradora!