Centurion - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Centurion Reviews

July 26, 2015
Excluding his strong work in television, Neil Marshall's post "The Decent" directing career has been rather depressing. Here, he has assembled a potentially entertaining action thriller only to fill it with cliche after cliche.
July 19, 2015
Mmmm....Michael Fassbender and J.J. Feild. Oh wait, Noel Clarke? Really? Ok, that should be interesting...and David Morrissey, hm. Dominic West, now he might be pretty good. I fully expect the movie to suck.
March 29, 2015
It's lead actors do a competent enough job delivering this bloody low budget fast paced action packed film to raise it above other medieval movies.
February 9, 2015
Opens strong but becomes rather dull and predictable as it carries on. Dommic West is in top form here.
February 3, 2015
Both Roger Ebert and Scott Tobias (Onion A.V. Club) are spot on in their reviews of this movie. It's entertaining but mostly for the blood and gore violence and some decent shots of ancient warfare in the highlands of Scotland.
½ January 17, 2015
"This is neither the beginning nor end of my story" Centurion answers the question of what happened to the ninth legion. Its full of violence, blood, and history. Michael Fassbender performs very well as a roman hero. The rest of the cast performs admirably enough. The plot is thin, but intriguing. The movie brings to mind films like King Arthur or The Eagle, yet surpasses it easily, falling right underneath excellent tales like Gladiator, Braveheart, or Kingdom of Heaven (d.c.). If a fan of the genre, one will enjoy.
January 7, 2015
With some of the talent, I expected more.
½ December 3, 2014
This movie is pure, unadulterated garbage.
½ November 30, 2014
I was expecting a film like gladiator or lord of the rings where they fight countless of battle but I got something different. I really enjoyed this film and the narrated scenes by fassbender were great to. The makeup on Olga looked like a bird took a shit on her head but that's my only problem. The setting, costumes, accents, environment were all great for this film. The acting was spot on and I really enjoyed the character even though they had some what of a background. Imogen poot to was great in it only I wished she played a bigger role on this, I also thought the ending was great to. Overall from its bloody battles to its story this is an excellent movie.
November 29, 2014
My type of movie: historical action with characters you can relate to, blurred lines between good and evil, and a little unforced romance thrown into the mix. Fassbender is terrific, Kurylenko does a great job without dialogue, and despite her unfortunate name, Imogen Poots is a beauty with acting skills. Surround all this with awesomely choreographed battle scenes and you've got a product that blew me away. Wonderful.
November 2, 2014
saker som inte stämde tyckte jag... hm... nåt som störde... :P
½ October 28, 2014
Sucks, movie is just An excuses for bloody scènes, there is no storyline.
½ September 4, 2014
48%
Centurion is bloody fun but lags too much for a second watch.
August 11, 2014
58%
Mostly boring but well-made.
½ August 9, 2014
Centurion is a decent historical piece film.
August 5, 2014
A decent sword and sandal movie. But nothing is new. The acting, directing, and the fights are worth the watch.
½ August 4, 2014
The script just thuds along.
July 22, 2014
After the HBO series Rome, it must be really difficult to come up with a movie about Rome that can come close to the quality of the series (in story or production). This is very reminiscent of another recent movie set during the Roman Empire, The Eagle, and like that film, it is very generic and unmemorable. When you waste both Michael Fassbender and Dominic West, you know your movie has problems. There just isn't much of a story to care about, that its main problem. It has a great cast and good director, but it just doesn't go anywhere interesting.
½ July 17, 2014
Great British action movie. Very entertaining. Fassbender was my favorite part of the movie
July 11, 2014
Actually most war films at this point in the art of cinema are cliche ; and we cannot discredit " Centurion" for this; it kind of exemplifies the standard for war films.....blood and guts with a splash of romance. But that's what sells and makes people feel human and I think this film does an excellent job at providing entertainment within its genre! 3 stars