Centurion - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Centurion Reviews

January 7, 2015
With some of the talent, I expected more.
½ December 3, 2014
This movie is pure, unadulterated garbage.
½ November 30, 2014
I was expecting a film like gladiator or lord of the rings where they fight countless of battle but I got something different. I really enjoyed this film and the narrated scenes by fassbender were great to. The makeup on Olga looked like a bird took a shit on her head but that's my only problem. The setting, costumes, accents, environment were all great for this film. The acting was spot on and I really enjoyed the character even though they had some what of a background. Imogen poot to was great in it only I wished she played a bigger role on this, I also thought the ending was great to. Overall from its bloody battles to its story this is an excellent movie.
November 29, 2014
My type of movie: historical action with characters you can relate to, blurred lines between good and evil, and a little unforced romance thrown into the mix. Fassbender is terrific, Kurylenko does a great job without dialogue, and despite her unfortunate name, Imogen Poots is a beauty with acting skills. Surround all this with awesomely choreographed battle scenes and you've got a product that blew me away. Wonderful.
November 2, 2014
saker som inte stämde tyckte jag... hm... nåt som störde... :P
½ October 28, 2014
Sucks, movie is just An excuses for bloody scènes, there is no storyline.
½ September 4, 2014
48%
Centurion is bloody fun but lags too much for a second watch.
August 11, 2014
58%
Mostly boring but well-made.
½ August 9, 2014
Centurion is a decent historical piece film.
August 5, 2014
A decent sword and sandal movie. But nothing is new. The acting, directing, and the fights are worth the watch.
½ August 4, 2014
The script just thuds along.
July 22, 2014
After the HBO series Rome, it must be really difficult to come up with a movie about Rome that can come close to the quality of the series (in story or production). This is very reminiscent of another recent movie set during the Roman Empire, The Eagle, and like that film, it is very generic and unmemorable. When you waste both Michael Fassbender and Dominic West, you know your movie has problems. There just isn't much of a story to care about, that its main problem. It has a great cast and good director, but it just doesn't go anywhere interesting.
½ July 17, 2014
Great British action movie. Very entertaining. Fassbender was my favorite part of the movie
July 11, 2014
Actually most war films at this point in the art of cinema are cliche ; and we cannot discredit " Centurion" for this; it kind of exemplifies the standard for war films.....blood and guts with a splash of romance. But that's what sells and makes people feel human and I think this film does an excellent job at providing entertainment within its genre! 3 stars
June 26, 2014
The story doesn't really flow well. But hey, Fassbender spends a lot of the first part shirtless.
Good if you like The Gladiator style movies and don't mind bloodâ¦lots of blood
½ June 25, 2014
Some beautiful wilderness cinematography, great acting and more than a few thrilling and suspenseful moments are undone by unnecessarily violent action in a story that drops the ball on plot and character development. A good performance by Fassbender though, and Kurylenko's character is chilling.
½ June 14, 2014
Story and acting were good, but it kinda drags in the middle.
½ June 8, 2014
Love the gory details
TheDudeLebowski65
June 2, 2014
Centurion is an average movie with good performances and it's a film that could have been much better considering its subject. I found the film to focus more on visual style than story, and it's a great shame because this film really could have stood out. I liked the film, but I expected a bit more as well as I have a great interest in the Romans. If you're like me, don't expect this one to be an accurate portrait of the Romans, because it's far from it, it'[s an action film first and foremost and it takes liberties to make this enjoyable for the viewer. The film had some good ideas as far as the story is concerned, but it kind of feels rushed a bit too. Centurion should have been better and though I found it entertaining, I really felt something was missing to make this a truly memorable film. The film is worth seeing due to well constructed action, which the film has plenty of, and the performance of Michael Fassbender. However, the plot just seems unfocused at times, and it loses steam halfway through the film, and that's where the action really makes you forget that the film average. The film is no Gladiator, and it should be seen as mindless popcorn action, which is what in the end this film is about. Centurion isn't awful, or mediocre, but it should have been better too. Fans of historical epics, might be disappointed in this film, but for action fans, there's still plenty to enjoy if you can forget the lacking story and average ton e of the film. Centurion is, despite its imperfections good entertainment that is average considering the potential the film possessed.
May 26, 2014
We love this movie, you guys got this one all wrong !