Centurion Reviews

• Jan 13, 2020

I do not know were all the haters came from for this movie, but I knew what I was getting myself in for when I watched it and it was very good. Good acting, good costumes and period life styles.......lot's of action...and yes, maybe too much gore, but that is the way of modern action movies (just look at the last Rambo movie...). Good stuff.

• Dec 29, 2019

I disagree with the critics on this one. Although bloody and ruthless it holds historical significance and a plausible theory as to the fate of the Roman Ninth Legion.

• Sep 28, 2019

Good production value and acting but horrible plot line.

Good production value and acting but horrible plot line.

• Sep 19, 2019

Fairly brutal and gory at times, but the story flowed enough to be an enjoyable action type thriller. This is an idea of what might have happened to the infamous missing roman 9th legion.

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Aug 16, 2019

Soldiers, trapped behind enemy lines and trying to escape, are chased by their relentless, merciless and savage foes. Only for this film, the soldiers are Roman soldiers, and the foe are the legendary Picts, brutal forebears to quaint English civility by some centuries. So it's a hazardous chase over mountainous and treacherous terrain while trying to survive killers looking for vengeance. Not a bad actioner.

• Jun 04, 2019

Great actors misplaced in a terribly directed script. The tension was so fabricated and the bad guys' motive was so forced, it was laughable.

• Apr 30, 2019

Do we care about the characters? No. Can it be entertaining? Yes.

Do we care about the characters? No. Can it be entertaining? Yes.

• Apr 13, 2019

Cheesy but fast paced and gory Roman survival thriller. I've seen worse.

Cheesy but fast paced and gory Roman survival thriller. I've seen worse.

• Mar 06, 2019

Good plot, good historical movie

Good plot, good historical movie

• Jan 24, 2019

Gives modern audiences a flavor of what it might have been like to live in that turbulent time and place. Good acting, seemingly authentic costumes and atmospheric filming make this a frenetic but pleasing survival movie.