Chained Heat (1983)




Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Chained Heat Videos

Chained Heat Photos

Movie Info

Carol (Linda Blair) is sexually exploited both by the authorities and by the inmates during her 18-month stay in prison, in this "B"-grade softcore film with touches of violence throughout. Two female leaders of the prisoners, Ericka (Sybil Danning) and Duchess (Tamara Dobson), are at each other's throats, a prurient warden (John Vernon) has a hot tub next to his desk, his corrupt assistant Taylor (Stella Stevens) runs a drugs and prostitution ring, and to make matters confusing, Taylor's lover is having an affair with Ericka. No wonder there is a prison breakout; everyone needed fresh air.
Action & Adventure , Drama
Directed By:
Written By:
In Theaters:
Jensen Farley Pictures


Linda Blair
as Carol Henderson
John Vernon
as Warden Bacman
Sybil Danning
as Ericka
Tamara Dobson
as Duchess
Stella Stevens
as Capt. Taylor
Henry Silva
as Lester
Nita Talbot
as Kaufman
Louisa Moritz
as Bubbles
Show More Cast

Critic Reviews for Chained Heat

All Critics (9)

In 'The Exorcist,' little Linda Blair spun her head around. 'Chained Heat' gives her a chance to turn other people's heads, with topless scenes that announce the former child star is now an adult actress, with new rotundities to match her chipmunk cheeks.

Full Review… | September 2, 2011
Commercial Appeal (Memphis, TN)

It has everything the genre needs, in addition to a pretty great cast.

Full Review… | July 27, 2011
Combustible Celluloid

A very dry comedy, essayed in the style of Jack Hill, or possibly Verhoeven

Full Review… | November 16, 2009

I wish we had more of these movies...

Full Review… | June 15, 2008
Cinema Crazed

Quote not available.

April 4, 2006

Quote not available.

October 9, 2005
Fantastica Daily

Audience Reviews for Chained Heat

Finally gave it a spin off the To-Watch Pile and I have to say that it was as much sleazy exploitation fun as you'd expect. Linda Blair's sleazy output from around this time period is a lot of fun, and this is a very typical Women In Prison outing, so you know exactly what you're in for from the first frame. Rental!

Bill Bryant
Bill Bryant

I love the WIP genre, and this is the best example. The Big Doll House is great, Caged Heat is a classic, and I really liked the excesses of Sadomania and Ilsa: the Wicked Warden, but Chained Heat is just sublime. Linda Blair, Sybil Danning, Stella Stevens, Tamara Dobson aka Cleopatra Jones, Monique Gabrielle...there's more scenery chewing, beautiful T & A, gore, and just general badassery per minute than any of the previous examples. There's also sleaze, drug use, sadism, and a knife fight between Danning and Dobson: this last is a showdown between the toughest white and black woman in the joint, so it's a good one. John Vernon (the dean from Animal House) is the warden who dishes out powdered dope treats in exchange for hot tub sex. It's as if the director, writer, and actors said, "Let's give the drive-in audience exactly what they paid for, and just deliver a hot, sleazy, kick ass, fun movie!" Anyone who thinks most movies today are entertaining should 1) have their head examined, then 2) watch this and realize that most movies are about as fun as watching a less-involving-than-average video game. 46% liking this one on Flixster makes me realize that I'm probably wasting my time here, if you like exploitation movies, you're OK - if you're not go join the other 54% watching American Idol you lame f**k.

B-Movie Nightmares
B-Movie Nightmares

One of the more popular WIP titles and lives up to the reputation. Babyfaced Exorcist star Linda Blair bares her pendulous papayas in prison, is accosted by lezzie inmate Sybil Danning, John Vernon hams it up as the degenerate, corrupt warden, while the gorgeous Monique Gabrielle trades her sugar for smack. What more could you want in a 1983 exploitation flick?

Doctor Strangeblog
Doctor Strangeblog

Super Reviewer

Chained Heat Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss Chained Heat on our Movie forum!

News & Features