Chaiya Reviews

• Apr 29, 2015

This must be the best muay thai movie ever made, and the music is taking us heartedly back in time too. No doubt, this is most overlooked film of all times!

• Oct 03, 2011

no new tale here in this rags to riches boxing tale 3 poor friends become fighters and gangsters as this mixes sports movie with gangster movie the results are so-so. the slo-mo boxing scenes and flashbacks have been don done and over done.

• Sep 22, 2011

a little over dramatic but with some good muay thai action its worth watching. those little people are tough.

• Aug 28, 2011

Good movie, liked it a lot!!

Good movie, liked it a lot!!

• Jul 18, 2011

The movie is slow but picks up in the end.

The movie is slow but picks up in the end.

• Jun 10, 2011

Not the best Muay Thai film the story was abit boring but the fight scenes were alright

• Jun 10, 2011

This is one of the saddest stories I've ever heard.

This is one of the saddest stories I've ever heard.

• May 18, 2011

Most of the fighting was good. The story got a little over the top with the drama, but overall it was a good movie.

• May 24, 2009

From the maker of Ong-bak, this is a nice portrayel of friends growing up in Thailand trying to live off Muay Thai, using the Chaiya style. The way this is shot reminds me so much of british gangster films and I think there is definately some influence over the story here, with the organised crime taking place in the thai boxing society.

• Apr 06, 2009

saw a cut version and got so bored i switched off after an hour... didn't seem like it would be getting any better...