The Chamber - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Chamber Reviews

½ July 23, 2015
Despite sleek direction and Hackman's stellar work as a despicable Klansman, 'The Chamber' feels like a lot hot air. A film built around uncovering secrets and rocking the Mississippi boat wastes time on alluding to threads that are never explored, instead of focusing on the core story of a man coming to terms with his family's dark past.
½ June 15, 2015
tries to be hannibal and fails at it tremendously.
April 28, 2015
Pretty much a weaker version of Dead Man Walking.
March 18, 2015
The story has weaknesses (just like the US political and legal system ...), but the film is better than the reviews ... excellent Gene Hackman!
November 2, 2014
I think Faye Dunaway is the best character/ actress in this movie. I've given it an extra star for her tortured performance.
½ September 16, 2014
The cast does a fairly good job but the film never adds up and in the long run it's just nonsense, like the book it's based on.
April 20, 2014
Seen very mixed reviews for this film but I happened to quite enjoy it. Surprisingly moving as Cayhall comes to terms with his crimes and meets his maker.
January 11, 2014
Hard to watch at times, but very well done. This film could've used better editing, because there's a lot of useless scenes here, but overall, a good film. I haven't read the Grisham novel though, so I can't say if this was a faithful adaptation or not.
December 10, 2013
Fantastic!! From beginning to end! :-)
August 12, 2013
Junk...bad acting and sorry I still don't have any sympathy for murderers on death row
½ July 24, 2013
A vastly inferior version of "Dead Man Walking"
½ July 18, 2013
Decent, although a bit preachy and the dialogue can be a bit irritating.
July 18, 2013
epic story telling. the reason this movie got such a bad review in my opinion is due to the fact that it is a fact that in the 60s the KKK was run by government to do there dirty work and follow there agenda of getting the public to fight one another instead of dealing with the real issues and coming together against the system and injustice brought by a tyrannical overthrown government. the same thing is going on today with the new black panther movement. in my opinion is also run by CIA to get the people in a race war, so we do not unite together and face the real issues.
May 5, 2013
Completely under rated.
December 29, 2012
Good show! Gene Hackman does a good job acting!
December 7, 2012
Could be worth watching. Will find and devour with my eyes!
October 7, 2012
Book was wayyy better
September 18, 2012
Although it's excruciating and purposely emotional on every level, it seems a bit too over-talked most of the time. It's not as suspenseful as most of the previous adaptations of John Grisham's novels. However, I must say that Chris O'Donnell and Gene Hackman shows outstanding acting skills in this clash of two distant generations, with their contradicting viewpoints. Don't underestimate the tearjerker finale.
July 25, 2012
Underated. I found it compelling and thought provoking.
May 21, 2012
Starts with an interesting premise - Sam Cayhall is arrested for bombing a building and killing 2 children. This is a part of a bigger conspiracy by Klansmen. Cayhall's grandson tries to save from from the gas chamber. Sounds interesting? Actually fizzles out in the end with complete insignificance.