The Chamber Reviews

• Dec 24, 2019

Enjoyed the movie. Hackman is brilliant as ususal, just like Chris O'Donnell. I got the taste of a pinch of Dixie. As European, see the ugliness of our race conserved for too long in the US. The supremacist white. Were we really so superior?

• Aug 19, 2019

Not the most likable of Grisham films, but it keeps your interest. A bit unsettling and I wasn't sure what to think about it. (First and only viewing - 8/10/2019)

• Jun 30, 2018

I found this to be a touching story of a grandson, who is a lawyer, trying to save the grandfather, an admitted KKK member and child killer on death row, who he doesn't even know. There are layers to the family story that unfold throughout the movie leading these two philosophically opposed men to grudgingly respect each other. The story begins at 28 days until gas chamber and ends with a last-ditch effort to save the old man. Gripping performances by O'Donnell and Hackman.

• Oct 28, 2017

Not my favourite Grisham...but still seriously great.

Not my favourite Grisham...but still seriously great.

• Jul 10, 2017

Good film and story.

Good film and story.

• Jul 23, 2015

Despite sleek direction and Hackman's stellar work as a despicable Klansman, 'The Chamber' feels like a lot hot air. A film built around uncovering secrets and rocking the Mississippi boat wastes time on alluding to threads that are never explored, instead of focusing on the core story of a man coming to terms with his family's dark past.

• Apr 28, 2015

Pretty much a weaker version of Dead Man Walking.

Pretty much a weaker version of Dead Man Walking.

• Mar 18, 2015

The story has weaknesses (just like the US political and legal system ...), but the film is better than the reviews ... excellent Gene Hackman!

• Nov 02, 2014

I think Faye Dunaway is the best character/ actress in this movie. I've given it an extra star for her tortured performance.

• Sep 16, 2014

The cast does a fairly good job but the film never adds up and in the long run it's just nonsense, like the book it's based on.