Champion Reviews

• Sep 09, 2019

As a competitive armwrestler, I felt obligated to watch this because the only other armwrestling movie is of course "Over the Top". I went into the movie not expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised that it had a decent plot and didn't go too deep into the technical part of the sport. The director did a very good balance of scratching the surface of the sport, but didn't draw it out too much that the average person wouldn't lose interest. In all honesty, I thought the plot was better than Stalones movie. Is it a ground breaking story? No. It does remind me of Van Damme's "Lion Heart", but has its own twists and Comedic scenes to boot. Real life armwrestlers need to overlook the technical part of the scenes and remember they are actors. The movie is meant to give some spotlight to the sport and remind the world that Armwrestling is still alive and an actual sport. If youre an Armwrestler, you MUST watch and spread the word. The sport needs to grow, and this movie will only help it.

• May 24, 2018

A good not spectacular sports movie. A average movie carried by actor Ma Dong-seok who proves he's one of the top action stars in South Korea.