Change of Habit - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Change of Habit Reviews

December 7, 2010
Other than pure fun of Viva Las Vegas, this may very well be Elvis' next best movie. It's not any kind of award winner, but it's not embarrassing. He's had plenty of those. Even the fact that there are a couple of songs, one of which is completely unnecessary, doesn't remove the audience too far out of the plot. Presley is a doctor in harlem and three nuns are moved in as nurses. But... here's the rub... they're secret nuns.

Mary Tyler Moore is perky as ever as the most hopeful sister. There's also the political sister and the social equality sister. We get into battles with drugs, autism and an outdated church set under a tone of poor violence in an overcrowded slum.

It's rated G by the MPAA, no shit. Though it starts out with nun's stripping and applying nylon stockings. The drug references, the violence against women, the words "faggot", "bitch" and "ni&&er". And oh yeah, the attempted nun rape.

So grab the kids for a little religious fun!
½ September 18, 2010
CHANGE OF HABIT (1969)
August 24, 2010
OMG, this men is just incredible!!! one of his best movie <3
August 20, 2010
Mary Tyler Moore was fantastic even she didn't look like nun and it feels for her natural to wear dresses (she looks great in nuns clothes as well). Likewise Elvis who didn't look like doctor at all and playing doctor was weird but taking this just as entertainment he was good. Screenplay was mean in parts and story is ordinary and I even get irritated by the ending cause it feels like movie isn't finished. It's not something like other religious movies of the time. But I watched it as an entertainment without any deeper meaning and I enjoyed it.
½ May 30, 2010
Mary Tyler Moore was fantastic even she didn't look like nun and it feels for her natural to wear dresses (even she looks great in nuns clothes as well). Likewise Elvis who didn't look like doctor at all and playing doctor was weird but taking this just as entertainment he was good. Screenplay was mean in parts and story is ordinary and I even get irritated by the ending cause it feels like movie isn't finished. It's not something like other religious movies of the time. But I watched it as an entertainment without any deeper meaning and I enjoyed it.
½ March 21, 2010
great movie...with one of my most favortie songs from Elvis...
October 31, 2009
My favourite Elvis movie.
½ August 31, 2009
Ill conceived idea to begin with, it's not very well cast. As much as I like Mary Tyler Moore, she stinks in this. Not at all convincing, but it does mean well and has a few good scenes, but overall it doesn't work.
½ August 30, 2009
July 4, 2009
Does Mary Tyler Moore know you aren't supposeed to laugh at your own jokes? For a G movie I thougt that rape scene was a little too much. But I do love Elvis' mutten chops!
½ March 9, 2009
I love Elvis. I always have, he is the definition of cool. I also love musicals, so I am a fan of Elvis's films.
This was Elvis's most serious, less singing role. He only sang four songs for this film, including the title song. This movie has my all time favorite Elvis song, Rubberneckin in it.
This movie also has a stellar cast. Mary Tyler Moore, Jane Elliot, Barbara McNair, and even Ed Asner. Although, I do prefer Elvis with Ann-Margaret. They always made such a lovely couple.
The only reason this movie gets 2.5 stars, is that i hated the ending. She was left with a choice and didn't make one. So, that kind of bothered me. Other then that Change Of Habit is a good Elvis movie, he did great in it.
March 7, 2009
I dont really care for movies that Elvis is in but because Mary Tyler Moore is in it I cant wait to watch it!
February 27, 2009
Elvis ! and Mary Tyler Moore
January 16, 2009
This was different than the usual Elvis movie.
½ December 30, 2008
very good elvis really good so was mary tyler moore great story line a must see for any elvis fan would have like a little more music
December 16, 2008
One of Elvis' better movies from the '60s. Easier to stomach that Double Trouble, Stay Away Joe or Tickle Me!
December 10, 2008
no thanks not my kinda thing
½ November 19, 2008
Why can't Elvis kiss his leading lady? Because she's a nun. If this movie was made in this decade, Elvis would be played by Brad Pit and He'd take th enun to bed.
November 9, 2008
Yet another Elvis movie someday.
October 20, 2008
Fatta att en av historiens sämsta skådisar, Elvis, inte har en, enda flopp...