Chao ji xue xiao ba wang (Future Cops) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Chao ji xue xiao ba wang (Future Cops) Reviews

½ May 28, 2014
My Rating: 2.5/5 stars; Grade: C+; Gesture: Thumbs Sideways; Status: Mediocre or So-So (Rotten); Emoticon: :-|.
½ May 20, 2014
That's a real bad movie but god I love it ! The kind of movie that you watched completely drunk in a good sofa. The story, the actor, the dialogue are ridiculous but that is hilarious !! It can be a tough time for the street fighter fandom but it's a major work, a must have seen movie for those who love B-movie...
½ September 19, 2012
I will give Future Cops this: it is a much better Street Fighter movie than the actual Street Fighter movie. But come on, is the slapstick really necessary? I could find better cheese at the Michael Palin's "Ye National Cheese Emporium!"
½ September 17, 2011
A very amusing HK parody of Street Fighter II, other video games and teen comedies. Upon first viewing you may find that your brain is short circuiting due to the bizarreness, but once you finish, you have to go back for more. Every turn in this movie leads to another sight gag, from Broom Man's hair, big lips, edible furniture, age reducing syringes, live action Super Mario Brothers, and Dragonball's Son Goku. It's one of those slapstick comedies which you cannot help but laugh at it because of it's OTT silliness. Each actor (such as Andy Lau, Jacky Cheung amongst others) gives a decent performance, well it is a comedy so there's not much reason to flex the acting muscles in this one.

Perhaps you may have heard that this is a bad movie but believe me it's not. If you're in the mood for a really silly movie which will provide you with a lot of laughs and fun, Future Cops is just the tonic to make you smile. Recommended.
½ August 28, 2011
There are a lot of references in this movie, Dragon Ball, Mario Bros, Street Fighter, is a silly movie with no effects and almost certain no storyline, but is an ave raris so has some points for that, and to be honest couldn't be a worse adaptation to Street Fighters than the one of Van Dame.
½ April 18, 2011
it is a funny film..
simple and easy.
January 24, 2011
One of my most favorite Director Wong Jing's comedy films.
½ November 29, 2010
Hollywood knock-off~
November 23, 2010
A must see for anyone who loved the Street Fighter video game. This is a funny movie that any age can watch.
August 4, 2010
there is seriously something wrong with this movie and I love it.
August 1, 2010
Based on Street Fighter. So funny...
May 13, 2010
Crazy movie with all star casts.
March 17, 2010
A film like Future Cops should of course by any standard be considered unwatchable, but since we're dealing with Wong Jing here, a different set of rules must be applied. Apparently drained of original ideas, Wong hijacks a set of characters from some popular computer games and brainstorms together a movie featuring an elite popstar cast, mercilessly humiliated in every scene, stuffed with gags involving human bodily fluids. Wong also repeatedly rips off his own catalogue, never able to leave a good joke alone, creating a weird intertextual relationship between fictional worlds. Wong wastes nothing it seems, and is so shamelessly honest about the poor quality of his work, that it actually becomes a selling point. Future Cops is bad taste in perfection, and as such it should be revered.
½ March 1, 2010
???????巨????1993年???樣 , ??學校??????????
June 20, 2009
Los personajes de streetfighter en el cole.
Increíble! una de las pelis más absurdas que he visto nunca!! Me he tronchado de la risa XDDD
½ April 26, 2009
cheesy hk cinema street fighter goodness. when people say this is the best street fighter movie out they aren't lyin this movie has it all and it's classic to boot. the cast is good as well everyone you could think of from this time frame.
March 17, 2009
my favourite movie when kids.
December 29, 2008
one of those "mo lei tao" flick... quite enjoyable
½ December 20, 2008
Absolutely madcap Wong Jing film based on Street Fighter II characters and other Japanese video games, set against the backdrop of a co-ed secondary school. Loosely, the plot: a group of "future cops" head back from 2043 to 1993 to brainwash a judge into taking mercy on them. The plot soon degenerates into nonsense, focusing primarily on sight gags and lowbrow comedy. But it's fun.

Basically, everyone big in 1993 is in this film -- Andy Lau, Jacky Cheung, Simon Yam and Aaron Kwok round out the "future cops" while Ekin Cheng's on the evil side. Dicky Cheung plays the main student, Andy Hui plays his arch nemesis, and female student leads include Charlie Yeung and Chingmy Yau. And let's not forget two of my fave character actors from 80s/90s HK cinema -- Richard Ng and Dennis Chan.

I'd recommend this to people into Hong Kong cinema, but not as an introductory-level film. Familiarity with Street Fighter II and other video games around that time is also a plus.