Charged: The Eduardo Garcia Story Reviews

• Apr 13, 2020

Inspirational true life story of how to push through life.

Inspirational true life story of how to push through life.

• Jan 02, 2020

Intelligent and heartwarming. Handling one of life's biggest curve balls with grace and coming out on top!

• Dec 21, 2019

Surprisingly well done film. Reviewers who said Eduardo is not nice or relatable didn’t watch it all the way through.

• Aug 25, 2018

I agree with the reviewer about his description of Eduardo being self obsessed and ultimately not a really nice person. Summed up by his now best mate that clearly still loves him and has been repeatedly hurt by his behaviour. Story of survival is obviously incredible and good luck to him but as a film I was a bit put off as to be honest as I just didn't like him.

• Apr 04, 2018

Survival stories are often a difficult listen. Make no mistake, surviving these kind of injuries, ones reminiscent of those of WWI soldiers with whole bits missing, bits you wouldn't think you could survive missing, is an incredible feat. But the personal qualities of this kind of individual are often inversely proportional to those you would find attractivery in a small space. Survivors often live by crawling over their loved ones to get out of the exit door or drink the last water. It makes the event and, in this case the subsequent recovery astonishing, particularly given subsequent events. But I was left with a profound unease about Garcia. For all his fortitude and strength, his self belief was almost psychotic. This becomes more apoarent as the story unfilds. His clandestine drug taking with his father and his infidelities during his time with his girlfriend are explained away by his subsequent devastating revelations which make the honesty more important than the damage he causes. His tales of childhood misdemeanours show a boy who thinks it is all about him and this vanity has persisted. As long as it is about him it's OK. As a film subject, he must have been a dream. There is nothing about him he doesn't want you to know.. Eduardo Garcia is a man who used some of the least desirable human qualities to survive an astonishing event. Best of luck to him. But I won't be joining him fir dinner any time soon even if he is, by his estimation, a great chef.

• Nov 16, 2017

Charged is so much more than a survival story. Anyone can relate to this film that involves forgiveness, love, community and the sill to live!

• Oct 31, 2017

I saw this as Santa Barbara International Film Festival. It is a survival story and a love story like none before it! Such a great film!